Boxing Forums


.



User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 87

Thread: Fury ?

Share/Bookmark
  1. #31
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Guernsey, Channel Islands
    Posts
    8,719
    Mentioned
    193 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    1108
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Fury ?

    Quote Originally Posted by Primo Carnera View Post
    This is how it is. Most people like Fury, quite a few would like to see him win. But in all honesty, most give him very little chance.
    However , this is the Heavyweights, he is 6 foot 9 and best part of 20 Stone, he will without doubt be in the best shape of his life and IF he connects with the perfect shot , he could do it. But many people have tried in the last 10 years, some that are probably better than Fury, some that are Definitely better than Fury, and have all failed.
    That is it.
    And when afury does connect with that perfect shot he instantly becomes better than Wlad Haye and the rest of his opponents because Wlad is on a pedastool right now. Apparently he can go on for years more and is now an all time great and pound for pound the best fighter in the world.

    Just think of that crow your all going to have to eat. Will be like swallowing broken glass. At least some of you wont be here to hear about it

  2. #32
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Guernsey, Channel Islands
    Posts
    8,719
    Mentioned
    193 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    1108
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Fury ?

    Quote Originally Posted by Primo Carnera View Post
    This is how it is. Most people like Fury, quite a few would like to see him win. But in all honesty, most give him very little chance.
    However , this is the Heavyweights, he is 6 foot 9 and best part of 20 Stone, he will without doubt be in the best shape of his life and IF he connects with the perfect shot , he could do it. But many people have tried in the last 10 years, some that are probably better than Fury, some that are Definitely better than Fury, and have all failed.
    That is it.
    And when Fury does connect with that perfect shot he instantly becomes better than Wlad Haye and the rest of his opponents because Wlad is on a pedastool right now. Apparently he can go on for years more and is now an all time great and pound for pound the best fighter in the world.

    Just think of that crow your all going to have to eat. Will be like swallowing broken glass. At least some of you wont be here to hear about it

    Tyson will be the first heavyweight since Lennox to have a relevant win over an all time great. Not a faded one but an active pound for pound best fighter!

  3. #33
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    6,126
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    438
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Fury ?

    Quote Originally Posted by ross View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Primo Carnera View Post
    This is how it is. Most people like Fury, quite a few would like to see him win. But in all honesty, most give him very little chance.
    However , this is the Heavyweights, he is 6 foot 9 and best part of 20 Stone, he will without doubt be in the best shape of his life and IF he connects with the perfect shot , he could do it. But many people have tried in the last 10 years, some that are probably better than Fury, some that are Definitely better than Fury, and have all failed.
    That is it.
    And when Fury does connect with that perfect shot he instantly becomes better than Wlad Haye and the rest of his opponents because Wlad is on a pedastool right now. Apparently he can go on for years more and is now an all time great and pound for pound the best fighter in the world.

    Just think of that crow your all going to have to eat. Will be like swallowing broken glass. At least some of you wont be here to hear about it

    Tyson will be the first heavyweight since Lennox to have a relevant win over an all time great. Not a faded one but an active pound for pound best fighter!
    And that post was so good you posted it twice!!! IN YOUR HEAD! You're not convincing anybody about this by posting it twice...........except MAYBE Yourself!!!

  4. #34
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Guernsey, Channel Islands
    Posts
    8,719
    Mentioned
    193 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    1108
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Fury ?

    Quote Originally Posted by Primo Carnera View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ross View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Primo Carnera View Post
    This is how it is. Most people like Fury, quite a few would like to see him win. But in all honesty, most give him very little chance.
    However , this is the Heavyweights, he is 6 foot 9 and best part of 20 Stone, he will without doubt be in the best shape of his life and IF he connects with the perfect shot , he could do it. But many people have tried in the last 10 years, some that are probably better than Fury, some that are Definitely better than Fury, and have all failed.
    That is it.
    And when Fury does connect with that perfect shot he instantly becomes better than Wlad Haye and the rest of his opponents because Wlad is on a pedastool right now. Apparently he can go on for years more and is now an all time great and pound for pound the best fighter in the world.

    Just think of that crow your all going to have to eat. Will be like swallowing broken glass. At least some of you wont be here to hear about it

    Tyson will be the first heavyweight since Lennox to have a relevant win over an all time great. Not a faded one but an active pound for pound best fighter!
    And that post was so good you posted it twice!!! IN YOUR HEAD! You're not convincing anybody about this by posting it twice...........except MAYBE Yourself!!!
    You read it twice!!!

    When Tyson wins he has the best win at heavy for over ten years. A win over an apparently genuine great heavyweight and also supposedly current pound for pound best.

    Is this false? Is Wlad not an all time great? Is he not a current pound for pound top fighter? Is he not currently head and shoulders above everybody (until proven otherwise buy Tyson)?

    Cant heap praise on Wlad then take it away just because Fury beats him. Hes either all that or he isnt.
    Last edited by ross; 09-20-2015 at 05:41 AM.

  5. #35
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    6,126
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    438
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Fury ?

    Quote Originally Posted by ross View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Primo Carnera View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ross View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Primo Carnera View Post
    This is how it is. Most people like Fury, quite a few would like to see him win. But in all honesty, most give him very little chance.
    However , this is the Heavyweights, he is 6 foot 9 and best part of 20 Stone, he will without doubt be in the best shape of his life and IF he connects with the perfect shot , he could do it. But many people have tried in the last 10 years, some that are probably better than Fury, some that are Definitely better than Fury, and have all failed.
    That is it.
    And when Fury does connect with that perfect shot he instantly becomes better than Wlad Haye and the rest of his opponents because Wlad is on a pedastool right now. Apparently he can go on for years more and is now an all time great and pound for pound the best fighter in the world.

    Just think of that crow your all going to have to eat. Will be like swallowing broken glass. At least some of you wont be here to hear about it

    Tyson will be the first heavyweight since Lennox to have a relevant win over an all time great. Not a faded one but an active pound for pound best fighter!
    And that post was so good you posted it twice!!! IN YOUR HEAD! You're not convincing anybody about this by posting it twice...........except MAYBE Yourself!!!
    You read it twice!!!

    When Tyson wins he has the best win at heavy for over ten years. A win over an apparently genuine great heavyweight and also supposedly current pound for pound best.

    Is this false? Is Wlad not an all time great? Is he not a current pound for pound top fighter? Is he not currently head and shoulders above everybody (until proven otherwise buy Tyson)?

    Cant heap praise on Wlad then take it away just because Fury beats him. Hes either all that or he isnt.
    I'm not aware of taking any praise away from Wlad, and I'm not aware of Fury actually beating him yet!
    So far the only place that has happened is IN YOUR HEAD!

  6. #36
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Guernsey, Channel Islands
    Posts
    8,719
    Mentioned
    193 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    1108
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Fury ?

    Quote Originally Posted by Primo Carnera View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ross View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Primo Carnera View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ross View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Primo Carnera View Post
    This is how it is. Most people like Fury, quite a few would like to see him win. But in all honesty, most give him very little chance.
    However , this is the Heavyweights, he is 6 foot 9 and best part of 20 Stone, he will without doubt be in the best shape of his life and IF he connects with the perfect shot , he could do it. But many people have tried in the last 10 years, some that are probably better than Fury, some that are Definitely better than Fury, and have all failed.
    That is it.
    And when Fury does connect with that perfect shot he instantly becomes better than Wlad Haye and the rest of his opponents because Wlad is on a pedastool right now. Apparently he can go on for years more and is now an all time great and pound for pound the best fighter in the world.

    Just think of that crow your all going to have to eat. Will be like swallowing broken glass. At least some of you wont be here to hear about it

    Tyson will be the first heavyweight since Lennox to have a relevant win over an all time great. Not a faded one but an active pound for pound best fighter!
    And that post was so good you posted it twice!!! IN YOUR HEAD! You're not convincing anybody about this by posting it twice...........except MAYBE Yourself!!!
    You read it twice!!!

    When Tyson wins he has the best win at heavy for over ten years. A win over an apparently genuine great heavyweight and also supposedly current pound for pound best.

    Is this false? Is Wlad not an all time great? Is he not a current pound for pound top fighter? Is he not currently head and shoulders above everybody (until proven otherwise buy Tyson)?

    Cant heap praise on Wlad then take it away just because Fury beats him. Hes either all that or he isnt.
    I'm not aware of taking any praise away from Wlad, and I'm not aware of Fury actually beating him yet!
    So far the only place that has happened is IN YOUR HEAD!
    So when Fury beats him you have to agree its the best win at heavy since Lewis beat Vitali? Its an even better win actually and a better win than Lennox has ever had so he will be nice and bitter and jealous.

    Only a great heavyweight could get that kind of win right?
    Last edited by Master; 09-20-2015 at 03:31 PM. Reason: spelling

  7. #37
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    6,126
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    438
    Cool Clicks

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ross View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Primo Carnera View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ross View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Primo Carnera View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ross View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Primo Carnera View Post
    This is how it is. Most people like Fury, quite a few would like to see him win. But in all honesty, most give him very little chance.
    However , this is the Heavyweights, he is 6 foot 9 and best part of 20 Stone, he will without doubt be in the best shape of his life and IF he connects with the perfect shot , he could do it. But many people have tried in the last 10 years, some that are probably better than Fury, some that are Definitely better than Fury, and have all failed.
    That is it.
    And when Fury does connect with that perfect shot he instantly becomes better than Wlad Haye and the rest of his opponents because Wlad is on a pedastool right now. Apparently he can go on for years more and is now an all time great and pound for pound the best fighter in the world.

    Just think of that crow your all going to have to eat. Will be like swallowing broken glass. At least some of you wont be here to hear about it

    Tyson will be the first heavyweight since Lennox to have a relevant win over an all time great. Not a faded one but an active pound for pound best fighter!
    And that post was so good you posted it twice!!! IN YOUR HEAD! You're not convincing anybody about this by posting it twice...........except MAYBE Yourself!!!
    You read it twice!!!

    When Tyson wins he has the best win at heavy for over ten years. A win over an apparently genuine great heavyweight and also supposedly current pound for pound best.

    Is this false? Is Wlad not an all time great? Is he not a current pound for pound top fighter? Is he not currently head and shoulders above everybody (until proven otherwise buy Tyson)?

    Cant heap praise on Wlad then take it away just because Fury beats him. Hes either all that or he isnt.
    I'm not aware of taking any praise away from Wlad, and I'm not aware of Fury actually beating him yet!
    So far the only place that has happened is IN YOUR HEAD!
    So when Fury beats him you have to agree its the best win at heavy since Lewis beat Vitali? Its an even better win actually and a better win than Lennox has ever had so he will be nice and bitter and jealous.

    Only a great heavyweight could get that kind of win right?
    Ok, Buster Douglas beat Tyson. Was Buster Douglas a great heavyweight ? I don't know where Lennox Lewis comes into this because he's Canadian in my book. What I would say is that IF Fury beats Wlad, it'll be the greatest British HW victory since Bruno became World Champ. BUT it doesn't mean Fury is Britain's greatest ever HW. He has to earn that by surpassing what Bruno has done.
    You're trying to earn Greatness for Fury on the cheap with your "ifs" and "ands", which is even more pathetic because IN REALITY, he has beaten nobody yet.

  8. #38
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Guernsey, Channel Islands
    Posts
    8,719
    Mentioned
    193 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    1108
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Fury ?

    Quote Originally Posted by Primo Carnera View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ross View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Primo Carnera View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ross View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Primo Carnera View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ross View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Primo Carnera View Post
    This is how it is. Most people like Fury, quite a few would like to see him win. But in all honesty, most give him very little chance.
    However , this is the Heavyweights, he is 6 foot 9 and best part of 20 Stone, he will without doubt be in the best shape of his life and IF he connects with the perfect shot , he could do it. But many people have tried in the last 10 years, some that are probably better than Fury, some that are Definitely better than Fury, and have all failed.
    That is it.
    And when Fury does connect with that perfect shot he instantly becomes better than Wlad Haye and the rest of his opponents because Wlad is on a pedastool right now. Apparently he can go on for years more and is now an all time great and pound for pound the best fighter in the world.

    Just think of that crow your all going to have to eat. Will be like swallowing broken glass. At least some of you wont be here to hear about it

    Tyson will be the first heavyweight since Lennox to have a relevant win over an all time great. Not a faded one but an active pound for pound best fighter!
    And that post was so good you posted it twice!!! IN YOUR HEAD! You're not convincing anybody about this by posting it twice...........except MAYBE Yourself!!!
    You read it twice!!!

    When Tyson wins he has the best win at heavy for over ten years. A win over an apparently genuine great heavyweight and also supposedly current pound for pound best.

    Is this false? Is Wlad not an all time great? Is he not a current pound for pound top fighter? Is he not currently head and shoulders above everybody (until proven otherwise buy Tyson)?

    Cant heap praise on Wlad then take it away just because Fury beats him. Hes either all that or he isnt.
    I'm not aware of taking any praise away from Wlad, and I'm not aware of Fury actually beating him yet!
    So far the only place that has happened is IN YOUR HEAD!
    So when Fury beats him you have to agree its the best win at heavy since Lewis beat Vitali? Its an even better win actually and a better win than Lennox has ever had so he will be nice and bitter and jealous.

    Only a great heavyweight could get that kind of win right?
    Ok, Buster Douglas beat Tyson. Was Buster Douglas a great heavyweight ? I don't know where Lennox Lewis comes into this because he's Canadian in my book. What I would say is that IF Fury beats Wlad, it'll be the greatest British HW victory since Bruno became World Champ. BUT it doesn't mean Fury is Britain's greatest ever HW. He has to earn that by surpassing what Bruno has done.
    You're trying to earn Greatness for Fury on the cheap with your "ifs" and "ands", which is even more pathetic because IN REALITY, he has beaten nobody yet.
    I dont know if you are aware but Buster Douglas's win is one of the greatest wins any fighter from any weight has ever had. Make Tyson was indestructable and already an all time great at this point. It was the biggest upset ever.

    When Tyson beats Wlad it wont be anywhere near as bog an upset as Tyson is only 3/1 to win and this will shorten. Not like 40/1 that Douglas was!!

    It will still regardless be the best win that any heavyweaight since has had. Name me another heavyweight who has been consistantly as dominant for this period of time who is seen as so far ahead of the rest? You wont because you cant. It will be a great win.

    What has Lennox's nationality got to do with it? Tyson beating Wlad is a better win than Lennox ever had. This is world level not British!!

    Lennox never beat anyone who was in this level of dominance. Neither did Holyfield, Bowe or even Mike Tyson. Yes its just circumstance and all those others made their own names by beating other champs (especially Mike as he unified all the titles that were fractured, 3 seperate belt holds and the lineal champ, Lewis won his fighting for vacant belts and Holyfield got his undisputed from Douglas). This will be a monumental win and not a big upset either. A well deserved and executed win.

  9. #39
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    This Lunatic Asylum
    Posts
    23,007
    Mentioned
    406 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    2832
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Fury ?

    Fury beating Wlad makes him better than Lewis.

    It just keeps getting better.
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

  10. #40
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Paradise
    Posts
    20,825
    Mentioned
    451 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    1653
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Fury ?

    Quote Originally Posted by Greenbeanz View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by El Kabong View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    This is the fight of the year for me.
    Noooooooope Tyson Fury is all talk, he's shitting himself with fear but at the same time he's trying to talk himself into being the "New Heavyweight Champion".......to me that spells Tyson Fury will look to survive, not to win. He'll look for a way out because he doesn't want to get knocked out.
    I am no Fury fan but you are wrong mate he really is not afraid of anyone. He wont look for a way out, there is nothing in his character to suggest he would do anything but go down swinging. He might hug Wlad a bit if tagged, use his elbow, fight dirty and risk DQ but he will not be looking for a way out.


    Too many other prospects have talked the same talk, and come fight night... have walked the same walk.
    I wouldn't say I'm jaded and skeptical, but..... aw hell..... sure I am.

  11. #41
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    6,126
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    438
    Cool Clicks

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ross View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Primo Carnera View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ross View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Primo Carnera View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ross View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Primo Carnera View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ross View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Primo Carnera View Post
    This is how it is. Most people like Fury, quite a few would like to see him win. But in all honesty, most give him very little chance.
    However , this is the Heavyweights, he is 6 foot 9 and best part of 20 Stone, he will without doubt be in the best shape of his life and IF he connects with the perfect shot , he could do it. But many people have tried in the last 10 years, some that are probably better than Fury, some that are Definitely better than Fury, and have all failed.
    That is it.
    And when Fury does connect with that perfect shot he instantly becomes better than Wlad Haye and the rest of his opponents because Wlad is on a pedastool right now. Apparently he can go on for years more and is now an all time great and pound for pound the best fighter in the world.

    Just think of that crow your all going to have to eat. Will be like swallowing broken glass. At least some of you wont be here to hear about it

    Tyson will be the first heavyweight since Lennox to have a relevant win over an all time great. Not a faded one but an active pound for pound best fighter!
    And that post was so good you posted it twice!!! IN YOUR HEAD! You're not convincing anybody about this by posting it twice...........except MAYBE Yourself!!!
    You read it twice!!!

    When Tyson wins he has the best win at heavy for over ten years. A win over an apparently genuine great heavyweight and also supposedly current pound for pound best.

    Is this false? Is Wlad not an all time great? Is he not a current pound for pound top fighter? Is he not currently head and shoulders above everybody (until proven otherwise buy Tyson)?

    Cant heap praise on Wlad then take it away just because Fury beats him. Hes either all that or he isnt.
    I'm not aware of taking any praise away from Wlad, and I'm not aware of Fury actually beating him yet!
    So far the only place that has happened is IN YOUR HEAD!
    So when Fury beats him you have to agree its the best win at heavy since Lewis beat Vitali? Its an even better win actually and a better win than Lennox has ever had so he will be nice and bitter and jealous.

    Only a great heavyweight could get that kind of win right?
    Ok, Buster Douglas beat Tyson. Was Buster Douglas a great heavyweight ? I don't know where Lennox Lewis comes into this because he's Canadian in my book. What I would say is that IF Fury beats Wlad, it'll be the greatest British HW victory since Bruno became World Champ. BUT it doesn't mean Fury is Britain's greatest ever HW. He has to earn that by surpassing what Bruno has done.
    You're trying to earn Greatness for Fury on the cheap with your "ifs" and "ands", which is even more pathetic because IN REALITY, he has beaten nobody yet.
    I dont know if you are aware but Buster Douglas's win is one of the greatest wins any fighter from any weight has ever had. Make Tyson was indestructable and already an all time great at this point. It was the biggest upset ever.

    When Tyson beats Wlad it wont be anywhere near as bog an upset as Tyson is only 3/1 to win and this will shorten. Not like 40/1 that Douglas was!!

    It will still regardless be the best win that any heavyweaight since has had. Name me another heavyweight who has been consistantly as dominant for this period of time who is seen as so far ahead of the rest? You wont because you cant. It will be a great win.

    What has Lennox's nationality got to do with it? Tyson beating Wlad is a better win than Lennox ever had. This is world level not British!!

    Lennox never beat anyone who was in this level of dominance. Neither did Holyfield, Bowe or even Mike Tyson. Yes its just circumstance and all those others made their own names by beating other champs (especially Mike as he unified all the titles that were fractured, 3 seperate belt holds and the lineal champ, Lewis won his fighting for vacant belts and Holyfield got his undisputed from Douglas). This will be a monumental win and not a big upset either. A well deserved and executed win.
    Douglas's win was one of the Great wins, but it doesn't make him a great HW! You specifically said "only a GREAT HW could do that". I know you're choosing to play dumb on this cos you know you're fucking wrong!
    The reason Douglas's win was such a shock, was because Tyson was so dominant. Infact Douglas's record had way better names on than Fury's!
    I don't think anyone would be massively shocked to see Wlad lose A fight, but they would be shocked if he lost this one!
    e.g. If Haye or Povetkin had beat him it wouldn't have been a massive shock, if Wilder beat him or Joshua in the Future perhaps, but not Fury!

  12. #42
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Guernsey, Channel Islands
    Posts
    8,719
    Mentioned
    193 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    1108
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Fury ?

    Quote Originally Posted by Fenster View Post
    Fury beating Wlad makes him better than Lewis.

    It just keeps getting better.
    Pick and chose from what iv said if you want but it clearly says that Tyson beating Wlad is a better win than anything on Lewis's resume. Thats all.

    Being a better fighter is up to Tyson to prove over the next few years.

    Could Lennox have beaten this Wlad? He was in a way a smaller Wlad. Loved to hold and lean.

  13. #43
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Guernsey, Channel Islands
    Posts
    8,719
    Mentioned
    193 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    1108
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Fury ?

    Quote Originally Posted by Primo Carnera View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ross View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Primo Carnera View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ross View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Primo Carnera View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ross View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Primo Carnera View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ross View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Primo Carnera View Post
    This is how it is. Most people like Fury, quite a few would like to see him win. But in all honesty, most give him very little chance.
    However , this is the Heavyweights, he is 6 foot 9 and best part of 20 Stone, he will without doubt be in the best shape of his life and IF he connects with the perfect shot , he could do it. But many people have tried in the last 10 years, some that are probably better than Fury, some that are Definitely better than Fury, and have all failed.
    That is it.
    And when Fury does connect with that perfect shot he instantly becomes better than Wlad Haye and the rest of his opponents because Wlad is on a pedastool right now. Apparently he can go on for years more and is now an all time great and pound for pound the best fighter in the world.

    Just think of that crow your all going to have to eat. Will be like swallowing broken glass. At least some of you wont be here to hear about it

    Tyson will be the first heavyweight since Lennox to have a relevant win over an all time great. Not a faded one but an active pound for pound best fighter!
    And that post was so good you posted it twice!!! IN YOUR HEAD! You're not convincing anybody about this by posting it twice...........except MAYBE Yourself!!!
    You read it twice!!!

    When Tyson wins he has the best win at heavy for over ten years. A win over an apparently genuine great heavyweight and also supposedly current pound for pound best.

    Is this false? Is Wlad not an all time great? Is he not a current pound for pound top fighter? Is he not currently head and shoulders above everybody (until proven otherwise buy Tyson)?

    Cant heap praise on Wlad then take it away just because Fury beats him. Hes either all that or he isnt.
    I'm not aware of taking any praise away from Wlad, and I'm not aware of Fury actually beating him yet!
    So far the only place that has happened is IN YOUR HEAD!
    So when Fury beats him you have to agree its the best win at heavy since Lewis beat Vitali? Its an even better win actually and a better win than Lennox has ever had so he will be nice and bitter and jealous.

    Only a great heavyweight could get that kind of win right?
    Ok, Buster Douglas beat Tyson. Was Buster Douglas a great heavyweight ? I don't know where Lennox Lewis comes into this because he's Canadian in my book. What I would say is that IF Fury beats Wlad, it'll be the greatest British HW victory since Bruno became World Champ. BUT it doesn't mean Fury is Britain's greatest ever HW. He has to earn that by surpassing what Bruno has done.
    You're trying to earn Greatness for Fury on the cheap with your "ifs" and "ands", which is even more pathetic because IN REALITY, he has beaten nobody yet.
    I dont know if you are aware but Buster Douglas's win is one of the greatest wins any fighter from any weight has ever had. Make Tyson was indestructable and already an all time great at this point. It was the biggest upset ever.

    When Tyson beats Wlad it wont be anywhere near as bog an upset as Tyson is only 3/1 to win and this will shorten. Not like 40/1 that Douglas was!!

    It will still regardless be the best win that any heavyweaight since has had. Name me another heavyweight who has been consistantly as dominant for this period of time who is seen as so far ahead of the rest? You wont because you cant. It will be a great win.

    What has Lennox's nationality got to do with it? Tyson beating Wlad is a better win than Lennox ever had. This is world level not British!!

    Lennox never beat anyone who was in this level of dominance. Neither did Holyfield, Bowe or even Mike Tyson. Yes its just circumstance and all those others made their own names by beating other champs (especially Mike as he unified all the titles that were fractured, 3 seperate belt holds and the lineal champ, Lewis won his fighting for vacant belts and Holyfield got his undisputed from Douglas). This will be a monumental win and not a big upset either. A well deserved and executed win.
    Douglas's win was one of the Great wins, but it doesn't make him a great HW! You specifically said "only a GREAT HW could do that". I know you're choosing to play dumb on this cos you know you're fucking wrong!
    The reason Douglas's win was such a shock, was because Tyson was so dominant. Infact Douglas's record had way better names on than Fury's!
    I don't think anyone would be massively shocked to see Wlad lose A fight, but they would be shocked if he lost this one!
    e.g. If Haye or Povetkin had beat him it wouldn't have been a massive shock, if Wilder beat him or Joshua in the Future perhaps, but not Fury!
    Povetkin was bigger odds to win! He started at 16/1 and went down to 5/1. Tyson started at 4/1 and then went down to 3/1 a week after the fight was announced which means people like @Silkeyjoe believe Tyson Fury genuinely has a better chance of winning than Povetkin did.
    Last edited by Master; 09-20-2015 at 11:45 PM.

  14. #44
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    4,575
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    398
    Cool Clicks

    Default

    That is not what odds mean. Learn about odds if you are going to talk about odds.

    Odds are a reflection of the gambler, not what the oddsmakers think of the fight, but what they think of the money coming in on the fight.

  15. #45
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Guernsey, Channel Islands
    Posts
    8,719
    Mentioned
    193 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    1108
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Fury ?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Swanson View Post
    That is not what odds mean. Learn about odds if you are going to talk about odds.

    Odds are a reflection of the gambler, not what the oddsmakers think of the fight, but what they think of the money coming in on the fight.
    Those odds for Tyson were made 4 months out from the fight before any money was being put down on it



    Dear oh dear

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

     

Similar Threads

  1. Tyson Furys dad, John Fury will join team Fury
    By Tam Seddon in forum Boxing Talk
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 01-30-2015, 02:57 AM
  2. Replies: 8
    Last Post: 04-03-2014, 11:37 AM
  3. Replies: 7
    Last Post: 03-24-2014, 06:51 PM
  4. Haye called Fury's bluff and Fury drizzled on himself.
    By Vendettos in forum Boxing Talk
    Replies: 32
    Last Post: 07-09-2013, 06:07 PM
  5. Fury is a joke.
    By Dark Lord Al in forum Boxing Talk
    Replies: 148
    Last Post: 06-28-2013, 09:35 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  





Boxing | Boxing Photos | Boxing News | Boxing Videos | Boxing Forum | Boxing Books | Boxing Posters | Learn to Box | Advanced Fighting Methods | Boxing Rankings | Boxing Schedule | Auctions | Fun and Games | Boxing Equipment

Copyright © 2000 - 2019 Saddo Boxing - Boxing