Boxing Forums


.



User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 87

Thread: Fury ?

Share/Bookmark
  1. #46
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    5,948
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    414
    Cool Clicks

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ross View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Swanson View Post
    That is not what odds mean. Learn about odds if you are going to talk about odds.

    Odds are a reflection of the gambler, not what the oddsmakers think of the fight, but what they think of the money coming in on the fight.

    Those odds for Tyson were made 4 months out from the fight before any money was being put down on it



    Dear oh dear
    Ross, listen to what Ron is saying you dopey fuckwit. Because more people over here gamble more money on Fury than do on Wlad, the bookies will lay that bet and shorten the odds accordingly. Odds are not a reflection of the chance he has.
    e.g. In Vegas or wherever Tyson fought Douglas, nobody bet on Douglas , hence the odds being so long.
    Over here mugs like you and half the pikeys in the UK put money on Fury thinking it gives him a better chance! The odds started low in anticipation of this.
    Now run along and ask @Silkeyjoe will ya. There's a good lad! πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

  2. #47
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Guernsey, Channel Islands
    Posts
    8,719
    Mentioned
    193 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    1087
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Fury ?

    Quote Originally Posted by Primo Carnera View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ross View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Swanson View Post
    That is not what odds mean. Learn about odds if you are going to talk about odds.

    Odds are a reflection of the gambler, not what the oddsmakers think of the fight, but what they think of the money coming in on the fight.

    Those odds for Tyson were made 4 months out from the fight before any money was being put down on it



    Dear oh dear
    Ross, listen to what Ron is saying you dopey fuckwit. Because more people over here gamble more money on Fury than do on Wlad, the bookies will lay that bet and shorten the odds accordingly. Odds are not a reflection of the chance he has.
    e.g. In Vegas or wherever Tyson fought Douglas, nobody bet on Douglas , hence the odds being so long.
    Over here mugs like you and half the pikeys in the UK put money on Fury thinking it gives him a better chance! The odds started low in anticipation of this.
    Now run along and ask @Silkeyjoe will ya. There's a good lad! πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
    You lot are really getting upset about what you consider is already a foregone conclusion. I see the little likes here and there for the sarcastic comments, the sniping and swearing. Maybe its nerves because your all getting much closer to be proved very wrong. Some are uncharacteristically quiet as Tysons coronation gets closer and they can no longer post

  3. #48
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    This Lunatic Asylum
    Posts
    22,550
    Mentioned
    394 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    2803
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Fury ?

    To be fair to ross - The odds compilers do set the price, if they fuck up they get hammered by a weight of money which means they have to cut the price (in reality, they wait for a trader to price up first, copy each other, nick all the top prices for themselves, then cut them regardless).

    In this case Fury has been cut half a point from a best opening price of 4/1 to 7/2. Nobody has put the kitchen sink on him and you'll get 3/1 right up to fight night.
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

  4. #49
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Guernsey, Channel Islands
    Posts
    8,719
    Mentioned
    193 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    1087
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Fury ?

    Quote Originally Posted by Fenster View Post
    To be fair to ross - The odds compilers do set the price, if they fuck up they get hammered by a weight of money which means they have to cut the price (in reality, they wait for a trader to price up first, copy each other, nick all the top prices for themselves, then cut them regardless).

    In this case Fury has been cut half a point from a best opening price of 4/1 to 7/2. Nobody has put the kitchen sink on him and you'll get 3/1 right up to fight night.
    I would bet that the prices will narrow on Fury at least by fight week. Probably when they show all the media stuff like the final press conference and the behind the ropes series.

  5. #50
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Windsor
    Posts
    844
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    852
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Fury ?

    Quote Originally Posted by ross View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenster View Post
    To be fair to ross - The odds compilers do set the price, if they fuck up they get hammered by a weight of money which means they have to cut the price (in reality, they wait for a trader to price up first, copy each other, nick all the top prices for themselves, then cut them regardless).

    In this case Fury has been cut half a point from a best opening price of 4/1 to 7/2. Nobody has put the kitchen sink on him and you'll get 3/1 right up to fight night.
    I would bet that the prices will narrow on Fury at least by fight week. Probably when they show all the media stuff like the final press conference and the behind the ropes series.
    Ross, why don't you listen? Or just learn how bookmakers work? (ask Fenster, he supports enough of them). The odds reflect entirely the amount of money placed such that the book can be balanced. The amount of money placed can be influenced by media shite, but not exclusively. As an anti-Tyson backer I got 22's for Holyfield (twice) cant remember what for Lewis/Douglas/Williams, so well in profit on the other (less famous) Tysons illustrious career.

  6. #51
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    4,269
    Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    372
    Cool Clicks

    Default

    Do you understand odds yet Ross?

  7. #52
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Guernsey, Channel Islands
    Posts
    8,719
    Mentioned
    193 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    1087
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Fury ?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Swanson View Post
    Do you understand odds yet Ross?
    Seems really like you dont yet. The first odds out are what reflect the chamces the odds compilers give each fighter.

    They gave Tyson Fury the best chance of beating Wlad since David Haye.

    Being condescending only works when your right

  8. #53
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    5,948
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    414
    Cool Clicks

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ross View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Swanson View Post
    Do you understand odds yet Ross?
    Seems really like you dont yet. The first odds out are what reflect the chamces the odds compilers give each fighter.

    They gave Tyson Fury the best chance of beating Wlad since David Haye.


    Being condescending only works when your right
    "The first odds out are what reflect the chamces the odds compilers give each fighter."
    You still don't get it do you? It's all about Money that they'll (bookies)win or lose. England are always second or third favourites at the start of every Football World
    Cup, yet they're NEVER the team with the second or third best chance of winning it. Hmmmmm, tick tock, I can hear your brain working overtime on this one. πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

  9. #54
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Guernsey, Channel Islands
    Posts
    8,719
    Mentioned
    193 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    1087
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Fury ?

    Even Fenster has agreed with me you silly billys

  10. #55
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    5,948
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    414
    Cool Clicks

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ross View Post
    Even Fenster has agreed with me you silly billys
    Ok, with all this knowledge you have on betting, you tell me what price you think Fury will be on fight night ?

  11. #56
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Antelope Valley, California
    Posts
    5,048
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    472
    Cool Clicks

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Greenbeanz View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by El Kabong View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    This is the fight of the year for me.
    Noooooooope Tyson Fury is all talk, he's shitting himself with fear but at the same time he's trying to talk himself into being the "New Heavyweight Champion".......to me that spells Tyson Fury will look to survive, not to win. He'll look for a way out because he doesn't want to get knocked out.
    I am no Fury fan but you are wrong mate he really is not afraid of anyone. He wont look for a way out, there is nothing in his character to suggest he would do anything but go down swinging. He might hug Wlad a bit if tagged, use his elbow, fight dirty and risk DQ but he will not be looking for a way out.
    A DQ would be a way out, but Tyson won't be looking for anything except the big win.
    Tyson is a when I win guy, not an if I lose type. IMO

  12. #57
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Guernsey, Channel Islands
    Posts
    8,719
    Mentioned
    193 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    1087
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Fury ?

    Quote Originally Posted by Primo Carnera View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ross View Post
    Even Fenster has agreed with me you silly billys
    Ok, with all this knowledge you have on betting, you tell me what price you think Fury will be on fight night ?
    Now youve conceded im right I can see him going down to 2/1 maybe even narrower. He will make a few more believers the more the face to face press conferences happen and people see Wlad repeating his tired old rubbish he says at every press conference. It will start to look like the Klitschko v Haye conferences where Haye was muted for the first time in his career. Tysons confidence knocked Hayes own which is why the fight never happened.

    When the Haye fight was announced Tyson was even shorter odds to win than he is here. I dont know what his odds went down to just before Haye pulled out.
    Last edited by ross; 09-21-2015 at 09:37 PM.

  13. #58
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    57,849
    Mentioned
    508 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    2960
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Fury ?

    Odds don't matter the outcome will be the same Wladimir wins by KO....I would be shocked if Fury goes the distance much less if Fury was able to win. Hell I'd be shocked if Fury wins A round....yeah, A, singular.
    "Drown in a vat of whiskey.....death where is thy sting?" - W.C. Fields.

  14. #59
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Antelope Valley, California
    Posts
    5,048
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    472
    Cool Clicks

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ross View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Primo Carnera View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ross View Post
    Even Fenster has agreed with me you silly billys
    Ok, with all this knowledge you have on betting, you tell me what price you think Fury will be on fight night ?
    Now youve conceded im right I can see him going down to 2/1 maybe even narrower. He will make a few more believers the more the face to face press conferences happen and people see Wlad repeating his tired old rubbish he says at every press conference. It will start to look like the Klitschko v Haye conferences where Haye was muted for the first time in his career. Tysons confidence knocked Hayes own which is why the fight never happened.

    When the Haye fight was announced Tyson was even shorter odds to win than he is here. I dont know what his odds went down to just before Haye pulled out.
    I wish I had a fairytale land I could visit like yours. Butterflies with three foot wingspans, Unicorns, and Tyson Fury as the Heavyweight Champion of the entire universe!
    The rest of us have to deal with reality every minute of the day.

    Here's a couple of names I suggest for your fairytale land after the fight.
    sadderboxingland or how about saddestboxingland.

    If you promise not to cry when Tyson gets beat, I promise not say we told you so. OK? Lol

  15. #60
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    11,449
    Mentioned
    114 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    2146
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Fury ?

    To give my answer to the thread , Wlad KO 2/3.
    Wlad has more experience , Hits much harder , is faster of hand , and much with an aging Tommy Hearns , Manny Stewart has made him very difficult to hit with his work then grab tactics. Fury can box southpaw all he likes against plodders but he isn't world class in that stance , so in reality he is just a big HW with a dogdy chin and not much hitting power.

    Wlad by KO early.

    Wlad has honed his style with age , lets face it fighting Wald is like fighting a Limbo Dancing Octopus , with a sledge hammer in every tentacle.
    Last edited by Dark Lord Al; 09-21-2015 at 10:39 PM.
    Remember reality is an illusion caused by a lack of alcohol .

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

     

Similar Threads

  1. Tyson Furys dad, John Fury will join team Fury
    By Tam Seddon in forum Boxing Talk
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 01-30-2015, 02:57 AM
  2. Replies: 8
    Last Post: 04-03-2014, 11:37 AM
  3. Replies: 7
    Last Post: 03-24-2014, 06:51 PM
  4. Haye called Fury's bluff and Fury drizzled on himself.
    By Vendettos in forum Boxing Talk
    Replies: 32
    Last Post: 07-09-2013, 06:07 PM
  5. Fury is a joke.
    By Dark Lord Al in forum Boxing Talk
    Replies: 148
    Last Post: 06-28-2013, 09:35 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  





Boxing | Boxing Photos | Boxing News | Boxing Videos | Boxing Forum | Boxing Books | Boxing Posters | Learn to Box | Advanced Fighting Methods | Boxing Rankings | Boxing Schedule | Auctions | Fun and Games | Boxing Equipment

Copyright © 2000 - 2019 Saddo Boxing - Boxing