Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Fury ?

Quote Originally Posted by ross View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Primo Carnera View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Silkeyjoe View Post
    I would expect Fury to shorten a bit before the start due to the patriot money but in all honesty its very hard to know. There isnt much interest in the fight from a betting POV yet but you would think once sky start hyping the fight everyone will punt on it.

Comparing this to the Haye v Klit fight where Haye opened over 2/1 and went off at 5/4 where there was huge volumes of money on Haye it doesnt look like we will see nearly as much money and as such not as big a move.

In these big fights it takes huge volumes of mug money to move the line as price confidence is high so early moves tend to be from smart business as opposed to just backing the popular selection. In general the patriot money comes the week of the fight.
    Silks, thanks for the info , I appreciate it, and I can see you're being very diplomatic and don't want to get involved in this childish disagreement between Ross and Me.
    some things I noted from your reply , are that:
    1. there isn't interest betting wise, probably because the "smart money" wouldn't waste their dough on Fury.
    2. the Haye price went down because there was a lot of activity from the "Smart Money" leading up to the fight , presumably because clever people thought that Haye had a better chance than Fury does. and you don't reckon you'll see anywhere near that sort of money on this fight because of the reasons above.
    3. when you mention "Mug Money" , not wishing to put words into your mouth , and you don't have to answer , I'm assuming you mean people like Ross, who would lump on thinking the price is going to drop just because Fury stares down Wlad?
    Thoughts Ross?
    My thoughts are as everyone can see you tried to prove me wrong and failed you mug

You and that bigger thick mug Ron Swanson. Pair of twats. How does it feel to be proven wrong by me?

People like Silkyjoe who are paid to make the odds know that Tyson has a much better chance of beating Wlad than Povetkin did. You disagree because you know fuck all and would never get a job as an odds maker!

You have now found out that yes, the bookies actually give Tyson the best chance of beating Wlad since Haye. Ross wins there... And that also, Ross is right that the odds will shorten once Sky actually start the media hype which hasnt happened yet. Wait till this time tomorrow after the London press conference

Wait till Tyson wins. What shite will you be typing then
    Fair Play Ross , you are such a fucking sap! ha.
    1. you've proven nothing , as per usual, your argument is based on Conjecture!
    2. I respect Silkeyjoe's views on odds making, however whether Fury has a better chance than Povetkin is a matter of opinion , again Conjecture!
    3. by your warped line of thinking, Fury has the best chance since Haye of beating Wlad, BUT because Haye's odds were lower, a.) not as good a chance, meaning Haye is better than Fury, and b.) he hasn't got as good a chance as Haye, and Haye Lost anyway.
    So "Ross wins there." what does Ross ACTUALLY win? answer , Absolutely fuck all , you fool.
    So after tomorrow's press conference , the price will drop will it?
    didn't you read Silkeyjoe say there hasn't been much interest betting wise on this fight? why ? because nobody thinks Fury will win.
    and didn't you read when Silkeyjoe said "in these big fights it takes huge volumes of mug (Ross) money to move the line as price confidence is high" now, as there hasn't been that much interest betting wise , how is there going to be "Huge Volumes of Money" put on ?
    so stop picking out little crumbs of comfort to try and justify your futile argument and start coming up with some facts. or are you going to do what you normally do and when you can't answer something , ignore it and hijack another thread and spout off the same old conjecture based horse shit!
    just in case you don't know what Conjecture means , I found this in the Oxford English Dictionary:
    Conjecture - Something with no facts, proof or substance that saps like Ross use to try to prove their point because they think people are fucking stupid enough to fall for it!!! ;

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I would expect Fury to shorten a bit before the start due to the patriot money but in all honesty its very hard to know. There isnt much interest in the fight from a betting POV yet but you would think once sky start hyping the fight everyone will punt on it.

Comparing this to the Haye v Klit fight where Haye opened over 2/1 and went off at 5/4 where there was huge volumes of money on Haye it doesnt look like we will see nearly as much money and as such not as big a move.

In these big fights it takes huge volumes of mug money to move the line as price confidence is high so early moves tend to be from smart business as opposed to just backing the popular selection. In general the patriot money comes the week of the fight.
    Silks, thanks for the info , I appreciate it, and I can see you're being very diplomatic and don't want to get involved in this childish disagreement between Ross and Me.
    1. there isn't interest betting wise, probably because the "smart money" wouldn't waste their dough on Fury.
    2. the Haye price went down because there was a lot of activity from the "Smart Money" leading up to the fight , presumably because clever people thought that Haye had a better chance than Fury does. and you don't reckon you'll see anywhere near that sort of money on this fight because of the reasons above.
    3. when you mention "Mug Money" , not wishing to put words into your mouth , and you don't have to answer , I'm assuming you mean people like Ross, who would lump on thinking the price is going to drop just because Fury stares down Wlad?
    Thoughts Ross?
    My thoughts are as everyone can see you tried to prove me wrong and failed you mug

You and that bigger thick mug Ron Swanson. Pair of twats. How does it feel to be proven wrong by me?

People like Silkyjoe who are paid to make the odds know that Tyson has a much better chance of beating Wlad than Povetkin did. You disagree because you know fuck all and would never get a job as an odds maker!

You have now found out that yes, the bookies actually give Tyson the best chance of beating Wlad since Haye. Ross wins there... And that also, Ross is right that the odds will shorten once Sky actually start the media hype which hasnt happened yet. Wait till this time tomorrow after the London press conference

2. I respect Silkeyjoe's views on odds making, however whether Fury has a better chance than Povetkin is a matter of opinion , again Conjecture!
    3. by your warped line of thinking, Fury has the best chance since Haye of beating Wlad, BUT because Haye's odds were lower, a.) not as good a chance, meaning Haye is better than Fury, and b.) he hasn't got as good a chance as Haye, and Haye Lost anyway.
    So "Ross wins there." what does Ross ACTUALLY win? answer , Absolutely fuck all , you fool.
    didn't you read Silkeyjoe say there hasn't been much interest betting wise on this fight? why ? because nobody thinks Fury will win.
    and didn't you read when Silkeyjoe said "in these big fights it takes huge volumes of mug (Ross) money to move the line as price confidence is high" now, as there hasn't been that much interest betting wise , how is there going to be "Huge Volumes of Money" put on ?
    so stop picking out little crumbs of comfort to try and justify your futile argument and start coming up with some facts. or are you going to do what you normally do and when you can't answer something , ignore it and hijack another thread and spout off the same old conjecture based horse shit!
    just in case you don't know what Conjecture means , I found this in the Oxford English Dictionary:
    Conjecture - Something with no facts, proof or substance that saps like Ross use to try to prove their point because they think people are fucking stupid enough to fall for it!!! ;
    You seem quite demented.

My point whch everyone else can see including silkyjoe and fenster is that the people who matter when it comes to having to have an idea on who has the best chance of winning because mo ey is on the line say that Tyson has a better chance of winning than Povetkin did. You dont like this because it means your way of thinking isnt in line with those who male their living out of it, therefore the experts. Its only a prediction, a forecast an educated guess don't cry. Maybe one day you can have an educated guess but I doubt it will be on boxing. Yes a matter of opinion but odds makers opinions count, yours don't and are wrong, which is one reason why they dont count

There hasnt been much betting on the fight because there hasnt been mch media hype yet, its still a massive 6 weeks away!! Once the hype really starts like tomorrow silkyjoe will notice bets starting to come in and in the next week or so I would say the odds will start changing.

Dont get pissy you make yourself sound like a little cock. Just rambling on all over the place and sulkng because im right.

Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Why doesn't someone add a poll so we can do our own Saddo odds ?
    Remember reality is an illusion caused by a lack of alcohol .

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Thoughts Ross?
    1. Correct
    2. Incorrect - the odds moved the week of the fight because of the huge patriotic support for Haye. All the smart money was on Wlad in that fight. Haye was a loser for well over a mil which drove his price in.
    3. Mug money is money from a punter who arent "price sensitive". The majority of people dont make money because they are not price sensitive. Take guys on this site. There are plenty who know much more about boxing then me, but Id be pretty certain Id make money off them backing the odds I set or if they were to set odds Id be pretty sure Id make money off them. Everything has a correct price and if you consistently back odds that are better then the true chance of it happening then you will make money.

Eg you think Fury has no chance, but surely if you could get odds of 1000/1 you would back him? Similarly you think Wlad is definitely going to win but if the odds were 1/100 I doubt you would back it.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Thoughts Ross?
    1. Correct
    2. Incorrect - the odds moved the week of the fight because of the huge patriotic support for Haye. All the smart money was on Wlad in that fight. Haye was a loser for well over a mil which drove his price in.
    3. Mug money is money from a punter who arent "price sensitive". The majority of people dont make money because they are not price sensitive. Take guys on this site. There are plenty who know much more about boxing then me, but Id be pretty certain Id make money off them backing the odds I set or if they were to set odds Id be pretty sure Id make money off them. Everything has a correct price and if you consistently back odds that are better then the true chance of it happening then you will make money.

Eg you think Fury has no chance, but surely if you could get odds of 1000/1 you would back him? Similarly you think Wlad is definitely going to win but if the odds were 1/100 I doubt you would back it.
    Mate its like educating pork in here

Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Betting is a mugs game.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Betting is a mugs game.
    And also a game for geniuses.

Barney Curley.
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Thoughts Ross?

You seem quite demented.
    ha ha, demented? Moi? Now I wasn't the one who was crying in his posts the other day because people were putting "Snide likes" on posts that made you look like the silly twat you are!! Boo hoo, how pathetic is that? Feeling a bit fragile were we?

My point whch everyone else can see including silkyjoe and fenster is that the people who matter when it comes to having to have an idea on who has the best chance of winning because mo ey is on the line say that Tyson has a better chance of winning than Povetkin did.
    "people that matter?" Well , in this case, nobody "matters" because it's irrelevant because they're both gonna lose, Povetkin and Fury. Btw, you didn't mention that "people that matter" are all picking Fury to get beat!!!! How about that Ross?
    You dont like this because it means your way of thinking isnt in line with those who male I think that should be "make"their living out of it, therefore the experts. Its only a prediction, a forecast an educated guess don't cry.
    no , my pedigree chum, an educated guess has foundations and sometimes, FACTS to back it up. As you are not familiar with the word Fact, I don't expect you to understand this.whereas "I reckon" and "just you wait and see" don't really cut it.;
    Maybe one day you can have an educated guess but I doubt it will be on boxing.
    I do believe I have provided more facts in my "educated guesses" than you have my dear boy.
    Yes a matter of opinion but odds makers opinions count, yours don't and are wrong, which is one reason why they dont count
    So there! Nah, nah, nah nah, nah! Ha ha.

There hasnt been much betting on the fight because there hasnt been mch media hype yet, its still a massive 6 weeks away!!
    there hasn't been much betting on the fight because nobody thinks Fury will win! And nobody over here is bothered about betting on Wlad at long odds. Didn't you read when Silkeyjoe said that there was far more money on Haye and his odds were shorter? Chew on that one , Einstein.
    Once the hype really starts like tomorrow silkyjoe will notice bets starting to come in and in the next week or so I would say the odds will start changing.
    I can't wait for a weeks time to see the FACTS, let's re-Address it then shall we?

Dont get pissy you make yourself sound like a little cock. Just rambling on all over the place and sulkng because im right.
    Pissy? like I said I wasn't crying about people liking posts opposing my opinions. You are truly laughable! Now, that's what I call sounding like a cock. Enjoy.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Thoughts Ross?
    1. Correct
    thank you Silkeyjoe , ROSS, PLEASE NOTE!
    I accept that , but it has to be said that there was more activity with Haye than there will be with Fury, so the lack of jingoistic betting means the price won't drop drastically in your opinion, no? Again ROSS, TAKE NOTE!
    again , I take your point, everything has a correct price , just like a corner shop really.but aren't mug punters also punters that bet with their hearts rather than their heads and go on blinded opinions ignoring all the evidence and facts to the contrary? ROSS, TAKE NOTE!

that is a fair point and it is all about perceived value. However , you did exaggerate the point. For example, I can't talk for anyone else, but if Fury was 10/1,or even maybe 16/1, I personally still wouldn't bet on him because I don't think he will win. Whereas, for the normal man in the street anybody odds on more than 1/3 or 1/4 in a two horse race really isn't worth backing. Btw, you never answered about whether you reckon Fury will be 2/1 or less if he outstares Wlad like Ross reckons? I'm really sorry to put you in the middle of this petty squabble.
    ROSS, TAKE NOTE!

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Fenster View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Betting is a mugs game.
    And also a game for geniuses.

Barney Curley.
    Believe me it doesnt take a genius to make money off the bookies. Keeping accounts open and winning is the hard part

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

He has a very small shot and he will have to right away bully Wlad around with all the dirty tactics possible... get him in the ropes and club him like he did vs USS

Mentioned
    391 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Great stuff soft as shit, Fury at his best.

Thread Information