Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Does this make Margarito a coward?

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Does this make Margarito a coward?

I know everyone's wishing that PBF fights Margarito after Zab because many are banking on the fact that floyd is moving up in weight too fast and he might lose, which just shows how good margarito is, a fighter that has been at 147 for 10 ten years and a few at 154, is looking to cash in on a fight with a smaller guy...that's weak... he should've been had fights with, ODLH, MOSELY, Forrest, MAyorga, Trinidad,spinks, but now he waits until a smaller guy is considered to be the best and now he's ready to face to top dog? what a biitch!!!!!
    "Sixty forty I kicks yo' ass, Sixty forty I tears yo' ass up" - Roy Jones

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Does this make Margarito a coward?

you are a complete moron.....

AC-Cobra Guest

Margarito has only recently been considered a world class fighter. He would of had no chance of landing those fights in the past. That isnt to say he would of won, i have no clue whether he took a while to come on or has always been this good. Still, now that hes getting some recognition he notices he can call out someone like Mayweather and thats why hes doing it - he wants his payday and a chance to prove his worth to the world.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Anti-MArgarito people.......Just keep digging away, you could come up with 100's of reasons why hes ran, hes not the best, hes too wild, hes open for the right hand all those things. Fact of the matter is he deserves a shot to fight the best.

FACT*

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by CutMeMicK
    Anti-MArgarito people.......Just keep digging away fact of the matter is he deserves a shot at the belt.

FACT*
    He has a belt.. And PBF Zab isn't for a belt.... is it. perhaps he deserves a big payday, is more like it.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by p4pking
    Anti-MArgarito people.......Just keep digging away fact of the matter is he deserves a shot at the belt.

FACT*
    He has a belt.. And PBF Zab isn't for a belt.... is it. perhaps he deserves a big payday, is more like it.
    Your right and I fixed it

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I don't think Margarito is a coward. PBF would walk all over Tony right now. Tony's doing the smartest thing though in lobbying for a PBF, but he better hope Oscar loses or he'll never get the PBF fight. If ODLH wins, PBF will get the ODLH fight in Sept, then Hatton in March of next year, and Winky next summer. Tony, IMO, doesn't deserve a shot right now at PBF. Tony needs to get a name to fight him, there's plenty like Mosley, Judah, he could have fought Collazo, he could beat up on Spinks, whatever, he really does need to get his name out there more. Since his biggest win was against Kermit Cintron he needs another semi-popular name to fight him to boost his public rep. I can't really blame PBF for "dodging" Margarito right now because in fighting Hatton, ODLH, and Winky, PBF could conceivably make $20-$30 million for just three fights. Would you all chance throwing that much money away by fighting someone who has only beat Kermit Cintron? PBF earned his stripes, now he should be able to cash in. Tony's still got work to do, the world shouldn't be handed to him on a platter just because the Mexican fans want the fight.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ElTerribleMorales
    you are a complete moron.....
    I'm a complete moron because the statement was true? Or what? because he has been at WW for ten years, and still didn't beat or fight anybody of note except cintron, so would you care to elaborate on your comment? he could've fought oba carr too....

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Margarito wasn't even relatively a big name till 2000, and he really only broke out after the Cintron fight

De La Hoya left 147 in 2001, the idea that Margarito would have somehow been able to make a fight with ODLH at that time is very very doubtful. Now that he's a bigger name he's been calling out ODLH lately

Trinidad left 147 in 2000. Same as above. Now he's retired, hell he's been at 160 since 2001. But its Margarito's fault that he didn't fight him?

When Mayorga was at 147, Margarito called him out repeatedly, not the other way around

You do know that Mosley's camp turned down a fight with Margarito after the Cintron fight, right?

Spinks The idea that somebody who's willing to fight PBF would have been scared to fight Spinks, whether he was bigger or not, is absurd.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by OumaFan
    Margarito wasn't even relatively a big name till 2000, and he really only broke out after the Cintron fight

De La Hoya left 147 in 2001, the idea that Margarito would have somehow been able to make a fight with ODLH at that time is very very doubtful. Now that he's a bigger name he's been calling out ODLH lately

Trinidad left 147 in 2000. Same as above. Now he's retired, hell he's been at 160 since 2001. But its Margarito's fault that he didn't fight him?

When Mayorga was at 147, Margarito called him out repeatedly, not the other way around

You do know that Mosley's camp turned down a fight with Margarito after the Cintron fight, right?

Spinks The idea that somebody who's willing to fight PBF would have been scared to fight Spinks, whether he was bigger or not, is absurd.

I never said Tony was scared to fight Spinks. I said that he needs to build up his resume by having one or two fights with some names. I know that people are in love with Tony, but let's be honest, THIS IS A BUSINESS!! Tony's gotta get his team to be creative and find a way to build some good buzz, if he has to fight the loser of the De La Hoya - Mayorga fight then so be it. Nobody even knows who Tony is outside of people that follow boxing closely. He's a low reward/high risk type fighter. If PBF wasn't undefeated then maybe he would take the fight. But an undefeated Olympian with a 70% KO ratio and famous pedigree should not be required to fight some guy who only has fought one guy that could be considered dangerous. PBF deserves the right to choose his fights.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by albsur2006

I never said Tony was scared to fight Spinks. I said that he needs to build up his resume by having one or two fights with some names. I know that people are in love with Tony, but let's be honest, THIS IS A BUSINESS!! Tony's gotta get his team to be creative and find a way to build some good buzz, if he has to fight the loser of the De La Hoya - Mayorga fight then so be it. Nobody even knows who Tony is outside of people that follow boxing closely. He's a low reward/high risk type fighter. If PBF wasn't undefeated then maybe he would take the fight. But an undefeated Olympian with a 70% KO ratio and famous pedigree should not be required to fight some guy who only has fought one guy that could be considered dangerous. PBF deserves the right to choose his fights.
    I wasn't even responding to your post, I was responding to the original post

And I agree that he's low reward/high risk, my point is he was even lower reward/higher risk when ODLH, and Trinidad were at 147 so its hard to blame him for not making those fights, cause those guys wouldn't have taken it. And he did try to make a fight with both Mayorga and Mosley.

Its a big circle with Margarito, people who like him think no elite fighter has given him a chance, people who don't like him say he hasn't fought anybody elite

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Anti-MArgarito people.......Just keep digging away, you could come up with 100's of reasons why hes ran, hes not the best, hes too wild, hes open for the right hand all those things. Fact of the matter is he deserves a shot to fight the best.

FACT*
    Funny thing is...you can substitute the name Mayweather for Margarito...and the Margarito fans & Floyd haters will say the exact opposite of what they say about Margarito.

Floyd is the one that deserves to fight whoever he wants for the bank...much more than Margarito does.
    Never beg a 40 dollar hooker...specially after she's just turned down your mom's credit card!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by wacko3205
    Funny thing is...you can substitute the name Mayweather for Margarito...and the Margarito fans & Floyd haters will say the exact opposite of what they say about Margarito.

Floyd is the one that deserves to fight whoever he wants for the bank...much more than Margarito does.
    FIZACT!
    Never beg a 40 dollar hooker...specially after she's just turned down your mom's credit card!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

i'm not implying that he's scared, I guess I should have put it more like one of the previous posters, i'm just saying that all the time he's been at welterweight he hasn't accumulated a good enough resume to IMO even be considered dangerous to PBF or deserve a fight for that matter, he's got four losses already. and it just seems like he inherited his ranking at welterweight because mosely,trinidad,delahoya,forrest,mayorga, all left the division...and PBF comes in has one fight at 147 and is rated higher than him...Judah has 3 losses, one to the great KT another to spinks who did beat mayorga...and its funny that you say he called out mayorga..but he shouldn't fight spinks?because spinks beat ricardo... Just because you call out the big name fighter doesn't mean that you deserve the shot...he's trying to win the lottery off PBF's name not his own...it's weird that PBF's fight selection gets critizied, and margarito's doesn't? I think that challenger's should have the same light shine upon them...margarito hasn't beaten anyone of any real note except cintron, and i'll say again he's already got FOUR LOSSES....and young fighter shouldn't have 4 losses already esp to none champs....just look at LACY...people already think he's done because he lost to an undefeated veteran champ...if cotto loses a fight he will be torn up by the boxing world...and you're trying to make a case for a guy with four losses? GTF out of here with that....

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

FIZACT!
    Thats all you got? ? ?
    Just change my post and use that as a respond PLEASE!!!
    Surely you could stop drinking beer and eating cheetos to do a bit more brainstorming and coming up with a better reply then that.....

PM JonesJrMayweahter maybe she could feed you some info.

Thread Information