Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Lucas Matthysse-Viktor Postol - Sat/HBO/BN. Fact.

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Lucas Matthysse-Viktor Postol - Sat/HBO/BN. Fact.

I watched Postol's fight with Aydin and a few random rounds against old Corley. For a beanpole he uses his height/length/range really well. Jab, right hand and nifty on his feet too. Even though he has just 11 KOs in 27 fights he looks a respectful puncher.

However, I'm surprised they're so close in the betting.

Matthysse - 8/15
    Postol - 15/8

Matthysse is a P4P top sparko merchant, underrated boxer, and his level of opposition is on a total different level to Postol's. Both Aydin and old Corley briefly rocked him. If Matthysee rocks you good luck.

It looks pretty straight forward to me, either Postol will outbox him at range - 3/1 to win on PTS. Or Matthysse will blast his head into outer space - EVS (generally).

Matthysse has ironed out 25 bods inside 3 rounds - 12/1
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Lucas Matthysse-Viktor Postol - Sat/HBO/BN. Fact.

Been looking forward to this fight for ages. Still going on gut feeling of upset win for Postol.
    Matthyse needs this win. He needs his belt back and surely there will be a big fight for him next of he wins this.
    Postol is good. I just feel like he needs a proper athlete in front of him to defeat him.

I think this fight is more about a dodgy style match up for Matthyse.
    Last edited by Jimanuel Boogustus; 10-01-2015 at 11:47 PM.
    Hidden Content
    Original & Best: The Sugar Man

Mentioned
    680 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Damn haven't heard of Lucas in a while. Exciting fighter, leaves it all out there. Should be a high octane fight. Once again my work schedule will screw up my ability to watch it but since it's HBO I should be able to catch the replay on Monday. Hope to see Lucas prevail. When was Lucas last fight and whom against. Was it over three months ago. I probably missed it due to work again.

Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by walrus View Post
    Damn haven't heard of Lucas in a while. Exciting fighter, leaves it all out there. Should be a high octane fight. Once again my work schedule will screw up my ability to watch it but since it's HBO I should be able to catch the replay on Monday. Hope to see Lucas prevail. When was Lucas last fight and whom against. Was it over three months ago. I probably missed it due to work again.
    I thought it was against provodnikov and it was a while ago, no idea when it was but this year certainly.. Great fight.

Mentioned
    680 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by palmerq View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by walrus View Post
    I thought it was against provodnikov and it was a while ago, no idea when it was but this year certainly.. Great fight.
    Yes yes think you are right. That was a good fight. Prod is another one who leaves it all out. Still young, should have many good fights in front of him unless he gets punch drunk to soon from his lack of defense. Roach was talking about a Manny v Prod fight after the Algeri fight but I'm sure that won't happen now.

Sorry, off topic. Looking forward to seeing Lucas again. I'll have to avoid the forum until I get to see the fight, or avoid boxing talk for a few days.

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Matthysse-Postol promo video:

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Jimanuel Boogustus View Post
    Been looking forward to this fight for ages. Still going on gut feeling of upset win for Postol.
    Matthyse needs this win. He needs his belt back and surely there will be a big fight for him next of he wins this.
    Postol is good. I just feel like he needs a proper athlete in front of him to defeat him.

Same but I'm not sure I'd call it an upset at this point. I think the Aydin fight will serve Postol well in this one although Lucas is a better boxer then Aydin. Postols climb has been well managed and this is a classic new guard vs old guard kind of fight. I think Lucas will come out head hunting just like he did with Garcia and the same kind of fight will unfold only a much cleaner boxing display by Victor. I doubt he stops Lucas although I never thought he'd stop Aydin. I think Postol wins a clear ud but will be cheering for Lucas to get him out before the tables turn.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by IamInuit View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimanuel Boogustus View Post

Same but I'm not sure I'd call it an upset at this point. I think the Aydin fight will serve Postol well in this one although Lucas is a better boxer then Aydin. Postols climb has been well managed and this is a classic new guard vs old guard kind of fight. I think Lucas will come out head hunting just like he did with Garcia and the same kind of fight will unfold only a much cleaner boxing display by Victor. I doubt he stops Lucas although I never thought he'd stop Aydin. I think Postol wins a clear ud but will be cheering for Lucas to get him out before the tables turn.
    I agree.. looks like the decks stacked against Lucas. The Height difference shocked me a little watching the press conference. Roach seems to have to Postol in a bigger pacquiao mold where he likes to feast off of brawlers (like aydin and Lundy) and keep his hands busy and move in and out. No doubt hes picking somodio's brain based off the provo fight.
    Lucas can find himself behind the eight ball early like he did against molina if he plays into that game plan. Head hunting, as you say and trying to wind up for those big counters that Postol will be trying to bait him with. Lucas best chances, lay in those exchanges. He's gotta be first and be last, which will be harder than he expected with the reach disadvantage. He'll also need to mix it up on the inside and take the body first and finish up top. Most importantly he's gotta take away Postols mobility by corralling him and cutting off the ring. Specifically bridging that gap fast when Postols at the end of a flurry and on the retreat, and back him straight into a corner. Easier said than done, but hopefully lucas pulls it off.
    They want your @$$ beat because upsets make news. News brings about excitement, excitement brings about ratings. The objective is to bring you up to the tower and tear your @$$ down. And if you don't believe that, you're crazy.

Roy Jones, Jr. "What I've Learned," Esquire 2003

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

This fight is too close for me to call. I really like both guys.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Lucas may have to hurt him early to change the kind of long, at a distance kind of fight that will frustrate.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Postol will probably be able to keep it relatively even for five or six rounds and could easily be winning but eventually a fight will break out and he'll get sparked.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Good fight and Postol can make it very ugly and have Matthysse playing catch up. Lucas best weapon may be to keep jab stabbing the body first and foremost, Postol lays over himself at times and it'll leave that chin hanging like a lantern. Matthysse for all his power and force is also pretty composed and a solid boxer. The co feature is very solid old guard vs new guard with Soto fighting Orozco.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Soto seems to have been around since the dinosaurs (i'm actually 5 years older than him). What a fighter. Thought he was washed up years ago then goes on another little run.

65-8-2 is more impressive to me than many a fighter with an 0.

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Matthysse will win he is a beast. Who is Postol?
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Thread Information