Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Postol vs crawford

If Crawford wins his next fight (which I can't imagine he won't), this would be such a good fight. I'm very high on Crawford but postol seems to be a bad style matchup for everybody with his length and boxing ability. I'd have to pick Crawford but this fight needs to happen next if at all possible.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Postol vs crawford

I agree. I think Crawford beats him too but at the same time I'd be quite surprised if these two actually fight (this decade). I don't think there's a great deal of money in it and is a hard hard fight for both but for me Crawford has the flair and that ultra quick mind to keep on top of the fight.
    Hidden Content
    Original & Best: The Sugar Man

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Pistol wouldn't be able to use his height as an advantage.

Crawford wins UD 117 -111

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Is Postol that good? I have not seen the fight yet but Crawford is a quality operator.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Is Postol that good? I have not seen the fight yet but Crawford is a quality operator.
    It's not that he seems great but just a style nightmare more many fighters. He is very tall and can box well. He seems to have decent power too as well as a solid chin.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

You can get inside on him and him trouble. Matthysee rocked him a few times but didn't have enough speed to consistently land back to back shots

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

This is an excellent match-up. There's a reason that Danny Garcia paid him step aside money and then left the division to fight Paulie Malignaggi. We just saw what happened to Lucas Matthysse. Postol has better wins at 140 than Crawford has. Delorme or Matthysse? Hard not to favor Crawford with his standout performance against Gamboa, but what would Postol have done with Gamboa. Will Top Rank risk it?
    Last edited by Rantcatrat; 10-07-2015 at 12:39 AM.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Postol is a bit unique with the gangly awkward style, great composure also, but I think Crawford will be big for the division and it will suit him well. His sharpshooting down the middle style and top notch ability to box from either stance would find enough dead spots on a much wider Postol me thinks.

I really doubt promotion would cancel out a rising diamond in the rough either way by matching the two. Crawford has come basically from obscurity to find a huge nich with hometown crowd and being mentioned as future superstar. No doubt he'd say bring it on is asked though.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
    Postol is a bit unique with the gangly awkward style, great composure also, but I think Crawford will be big for the division and it will suit him well. His sharpshooting down the middle style and top notch ability to box from either stance would find enough dead spots on a much wider Postol me thinks.

I really doubt promotion would cancel out a rising diamond in the rough either way by matching the two. Crawford has come basically from obscurity to find a huge nich with hometown crowd and being mentioned as future superstar. No doubt he'd say bring it on is asked though.
    I want to see the fight, and I hope it gets made. I don't see either fighter backing away from anyone! How could this fight not make money?

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by beenKOed View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post

I want to see the fight, and I hope it gets made. I don't see either fighter backing away from anyone! How could this fight not make money?
    Too often in boxing they wait too long to make fights and then one of the fighters loses and the excitement of the fight is gone. They need to realize that making fights now is more beneficial then trying to wait. If one beats the other that doesn't mean we won't want to watch the other. Boxers lose sometimes.

Thread Information