Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Foreman hitting the heavybag, how he did it.

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Foreman hitting the heavybag, how he did it.

Quote Originally Posted by Scrap View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by red fox View Post
    Scrap the technical trainer says to focus pressure on the heel if pressure is focused on the soles of the back foot rooting is lost. Do you mind explaining what he meant? When the weight is over the right side of the body he tells me the right heel should be flat.
    If the heel is slightly raised, no weight on it as such, your TFL is primed. Plus the reflex is primed, you have a 10th of a second to create force, athletic movement. where you need to be distance depth or direction. Whats changed things a lot was in the 80s, things changed. Leather soles went out, rubbers came in, hence foot mechanics altered.
    Foreman's right heel was planted before throwing the left hook!
    Because the bag wasnt moving, also the technique was terrible.
    As the reporter said there was a dent the size of a watermelon in the bag. What was wrong with the technique?
    If you cant see it, theres no hope.
    According to you! Had big George elevated the right heel we wouldn't be having this discussion. Big George had a big left hook because his right heel was fastened to the floor allowing a stretch to occur. There isn't one national trainer who agrees with you. All say that balance is poor standing on the balls of the feet and where there's no balance there's no power.
    So what are we trying to balance.
    Like the coach said we know we're right on track as long as we're on a different page as you. One of the trainers went to the 88 Olympics as a shot put athlete and when I told him your crazy ideas about power coming from the heels being elevated his response was either he's poking or smoking! Sink the heels into the ground and when you land make sure you're on the heel of the left foot. In no power sport does it finish on the balls of the feet nor does it start there. This is why you are not representing team GB in the 2016 Olympics because of your outlandish beliefs about aligning vertabraes and veins, propioception and passing through chakras and all that ying and yang rubbish.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Scrap the technical trainer says to focus pressure on the heel if pressure is focused on the soles of the back foot rooting is lost. Do you mind explaining what he meant? When the weight is over the right side of the body he tells me the right heel should be flat.
    If the heel is slightly raised, no weight on it as such, your TFL is primed. Plus the reflex is primed, you have a 10th of a second to create force, athletic movement. where you need to be distance depth or direction. Whats changed things a lot was in the 80s, things changed. Leather soles went out, rubbers came in, hence foot mechanics altered.
    As the reporter said there was a dent the size of a watermelon in the bag. What was wrong with the technique?
    According to you! Had big George elevated the right heel we wouldn't be having this discussion. Big George had a big left hook because his right heel was fastened to the floor allowing a stretch to occur. There isn't one national trainer who agrees with you. All say that balance is poor standing on the balls of the feet and where there's no balance there's no power.
    Like the coach said we know we're right on track as long as we're on a different page as you. One of the trainers went to the 88 Olympics as a shot put athlete and when I told him your crazy ideas about power coming from the heels being elevated his response was either he's poking or smoking! Sink the heels into the ground and when you land make sure you're on the heel of the left foot. In no power sport does it finish on the balls of the feet nor does it start there. This is why you are not representing team GB in the 2016 Olympics because of your outlandish beliefs about aligning vertabraes and veins, propioception and passing through chakras and all that ying and yang rubbish.
    My advice to you, is try meditation, it will give you clarity of thought, settle down .
    Pain lasts a only a minute, but the memory will last forever....

boxingbournemouth - Cornelius Carrs private boxing tuition and personal fitness training

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

My advice to you, is try meditation, it will give you clarity of thought, settle down .
    I'm done talking and being laughed by trainers and coaches after telling them your definition of kinetic linking. I'll tell what is kinetic linking its power coming off the back and having the weight go over the front leg. But this is only done by sinking the left heel into the ground that is what kinetic linking is, no twisting of the waist is required it'll come naturally. Plus there's a big difference from falling backwards than pushing off. Weights require that you push off.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

[QUOTE=red fox;1355329]
    If the heel is slightly raised, no weight on it as such, your TFL is primed. Plus the reflex is primed, you have a 10th of a second to create force, athletic movement. where you need to be distance depth or direction. Whats changed things a lot was in the 80s, things changed. Leather soles went out, rubbers came in, hence foot mechanics altered.[/QUOT
    I'm done talking and being laughed by trainers and coaches after telling them your definition of kinetic linking. I'll tell what is kinetic linking its power coming off the back and having the weight go over the front leg. But this is only done by sinking the left heel into the ground that is what kinetic linking is, no twisting of the waist is required it'll come naturally. Plus there's a big difference from falling backwards than pushing off. Weights require that you push off.
    stop and think about that.

boxingbournemouth - Cornelius Carrs private boxing tuition and personal fitness training

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

[QUOTE=Scrap;1355364]
    If the heel is slightly raised, no weight on it as such, your TFL is primed. Plus the reflex is primed, you have a 10th of a second to create force, athletic movement. where you need to be distance depth or direction. Whats changed things a lot was in the 80s, things changed. Leather soles went out, rubbers came in, hence foot mechanics altered.[/QUOT
    stop and think about that.
    I did along with some meditation and have come to the conclusion that your saying that foreman's feet are too wide a part I agree!

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

That is why Ali could pull him in arm round his neck.

Thread Information