Boxing Forums


.



User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
Results 76 to 90 of 166

Thread: August 26, 1975 ~ 'Press Conference' ~ Ali Tries To Make Gorilla Out Of Joe Frazier

Share/Bookmark
  1. #76
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Antelope Valley, California
    Posts
    5,048
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    528
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: August 26, 1975 ~ 'Press Conference' ~ Ali Tries To Make Gorilla Out Of Joe Frazi

    Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    It must gnaw at the pit of one's stomach to hate someone who's so beloved and famous.
    Does not bother me at all, I live and let live, if you like him that is great. I do not like him and it feels great! Do what you want because I sure will. See how it works? There is no gnawing going on!
    No cursing. No screaming. Just some very committed hating going on here.
    Seems like it gnaws on you when someone dislikes your hero? Do not let it bother you, as you well know we are just a bunch of misguided boxing fans.

  2. #77
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Paradise
    Posts
    22,137
    Mentioned
    483 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    1708
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: August 26, 1975 ~ 'Press Conference' ~ Ali Tries To Make Gorilla Out Of Joe Frazi

    Quote Originally Posted by beenKOed View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    It must gnaw at the pit of one's stomach to hate someone who's so beloved and famous.
    Does not bother me at all, I live and let live, if you like him that is great. I do not like him and it feels great! Do what you want because I sure will. See how it works? There is no gnawing going on!
    No cursing. No screaming. Just some very committed hating going on here.
    Seems like it gnaws on you when someone dislikes your hero? Do not let it bother you, as you well know we are just a bunch of misguided boxing fans.

    Oh, I know you don't lose much sleep over it. Really wasn't referring to you.
    I can pretty much tell plain ol' hate from rabid obsession.

    You see.... you can hate a fighter and go on with life without obsessing about the person's personal life, such as..... how limp he is.... how bad a tipper he is.... how bad of a husband/father he is.... etc, etc. Once you become obsessed to the point of making up stories and supposed quotes..... you've entered the realm of needing Industrial-Strength Mylanta to sleep at night.


  3. #78
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Heart of Dixie
    Posts
    666
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    735
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: August 26, 1975 ~ 'Press Conference' ~ Ali Tries To Make Gorilla Out Of Joe Frazi

    Quote Originally Posted by Bill Paxtom View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by C.J.Rock View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by brocktonblockbust View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    So what? Joe could have sold T shirts about Ali's infidelity.
    True, but the point is, HE DIDN'T. Because Smokin' Joe was a Class Act, something scumbag Ali could never come close to being. Joe was also a faithful family man, while Ali whored around the world acting like a devout Muslim and fucking everything that moved (and some things that DIDN'T move).

    Cheated on HIS wife/WIVES incessantly. What an Uncle Tom, trying to copy Elvis Presley. bwAAAAAHAHAHA

    Tell me Have you read Joe Fraziers life story?? Obviously not Joe had two women pregnant at same time in his early days Face it these guys are fighters not Angels.
    I ve done things I'm not proud of in my life & wish I could take them back. We all have
    Joes book Smiokin Joe is well worth a read
    C.J. Rock,

    You are violating the Forum Rules.

    Follow the Thread Title.


    When did you become a mod Billy Boy lol In actual fact Joe was known as Billy Boy in his younger years
    Keep on Punchin"
    C.J.
    Hidden Content we love C.J.Hidden Content

  4. #79
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    58,269
    Mentioned
    1532 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    2765
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: August 26, 1975 ~ 'Press Conference' ~ Ali Tries To Make Gorilla Out Of Joe Frazi

    Quote Originally Posted by C.J.Rock View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill Paxtom View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by C.J.Rock View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by brocktonblockbust View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    So what? Joe could have sold T shirts about Ali's infidelity.
    True, but the point is, HE DIDN'T. Because Smokin' Joe was a Class Act, something scumbag Ali could never come close to being. Joe was also a faithful family man, while Ali whored around the world acting like a devout Muslim and fucking everything that moved (and some things that DIDN'T move).

    Cheated on HIS wife/WIVES incessantly. What an Uncle Tom, trying to copy Elvis Presley. bwAAAAAHAHAHA

    Tell me Have you read Joe Fraziers life story?? Obviously not Joe had two women pregnant at same time in his early days Face it these guys are fighters not Angels.
    I ve done things I'm not proud of in my life & wish I could take them back. We all have
    Joes book Smiokin Joe is well worth a read
    C.J. Rock,

    You are violating the Forum Rules.

    Follow the Thread Title.


    When did you become a mod Billy Boy lol In actual fact Joe was known as Billy Boy in his younger years
    Bill can not handle the truth!
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

  5. #80
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    3,795
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    0
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: August 26, 1975 ~ 'Press Conference' ~ Ali Tries To Make Gorilla Out Of Joe Frazi

    Tuesday ~ August 26, 1975

    Now that Smokin' Joe stood up, there was a concern that he would grab 'The Scum Bag' and
    break his coward neck.

    But Smokin' Joe just smiled.

    Muhammad Ai, realizing he was safe, then started to send out flicking left-jabs aimed at
    Smokin' Joe's forehead, and missing by a 1/2" inch.

    Smokin' Joe again, never flinched.

    Finally, Muhammad realized that he couldn't intimidate Smokin' Joe, so he put out his left-hand
    and made a fist. He gently placed it on Smokin' Joe's forehead.

    Smokin' Joe then started laughing while saying >
    "Don't you fella's see how scared I am."

    Last edited by Bill Paxtom; 10-15-2015 at 12:15 AM.

  6. #81
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    9,318
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    698
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: August 26, 1975 ~ 'Press Conference' ~ Ali Tries To Make Gorilla Out Of Joe Frazi

    i was 1
    Officially the only saddo who has had a girlfriend

  7. #82
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Heart of Dixie
    Posts
    666
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    735
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: August 26, 1975 ~ 'Press Conference' ~ Ali Tries To Make Gorilla Out Of Joe Frazi

    Quote Originally Posted by beenKOed View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    It must gnaw at the pit of one's stomach to hate someone who's so beloved and famous.
    Does not bother me at all, I live and let live, if you like him that is great. I do not like him and it feels great! Do what you want because I sure will. See how it works? There is no gnawing going on!
    No cursing. No screaming. Just some very committed hating going on here.
    Seems like it gnaws on you when someone dislikes your hero? Do not let it bother you, as you well know we are just a bunch of misguided boxing fans.

    Must be sad to hate a man you've never met A man who doesn't even know you exist.
    Is it really hate ? Or is it just plain old fashioned jealousy because he's the greatest Hw champ EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Keep on Punchin"
    C.J.
    Hidden Content we love C.J.Hidden Content

  8. #83
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Heart of Dixie
    Posts
    666
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    735
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: August 26, 1975 ~ 'Press Conference' ~ Ali Tries To Make Gorilla Out Of Joe Frazi

    Quote Originally Posted by Bill Paxtom View Post
    Tuesday ~ August 26, 1975

    Now that Smokin' Joe stood up, there was a concern that he would grab 'The Scum Bag' and
    break his coward neck.

    But Smokin' Joe just smiled.

    Muhammad Ai, realizing he was safe, then started to send out flicking left-jabs aimed at
    Smokin' Joe's forehead, and missing by a 1/2" inch.

    Smokin' Joe again, never flinched.

    Finally, Muhammad realized that he couldn't intimidate Smokin' Joe, so he put out his left-hand
    and made a fist. He gently placed it on Smokin' Joe's forehead.

    Smokin' Joe then started laughing while saying >
    "Don't you fella's see how scared I am."



    Notice how EVERYONE in the pic is smiling even Joe
    They know its just fun to hype the fight Your obsesses lol
    Keep on Punchin"
    C.J.
    Hidden Content we love C.J.Hidden Content

  9. #84
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    3,795
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    0
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: August 26, 1975 ~ 'Press Conference' ~ Ali Tries To Make Gorilla Out Of Joe Frazi

    After 10-minutes of Muhammad Ali acting like an 'Ass-Hole'.

    Smokin' finally stood up, and raised his hands. With his palms facing outward
    and his finger pointing upwards.

    Smokin' Joe bellowed .............. "I give up. Please don't hurt me Clay."

    Smokin Joe' added ................... "See. I'm shaking."

    The Press Room erupted in laughs now.

    Muhammad Ali then backed away, and paid no attention to Smokin' Joe and his remarks.

    Muhammad then started 'gabbing' to the Press Corps, and continued with his 'Gorilla' remarks.

    But now, Muhammad was not funny. He was now getting nowhere with his 'Third-Rate' act.

    He became downright pathetic, as now, no one was laughing.


  10. #85
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    58,269
    Mentioned
    1532 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    2765
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: August 26, 1975 ~ 'Press Conference' ~ Ali Tries To Make Gorilla Out Of Joe Frazi

    Bill, please get a life.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

  11. #86
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    3,795
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    0
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: August 26, 1975 ~ 'Press Conference' ~ Ali Tries To Make Gorilla Out Of Joe Frazi

    Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Bill, please get a life.
    Have you talked to the Mrs. lately. .........

    You have to wait to see where this is going.

    As you can see, Smokin' Joe was 'not' initially upset about the 'Gorilla' references.

  12. #87
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    3,795
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    0
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: August 26, 1975 ~ 'Press Conference' ~ Ali Tries To Make Gorilla Out Of Joe Frazi

    ~ Muhammad Ali Brings Stuffed Gorilla To Press Conference ~

    The World Heavyweight Champion - Muhammad Ali brought along a large stuffed
    Gorilla to the Press Conference at the 'Four Seasons' restaurant.

    'The Scum Bag' had a small sign hanging around the Gorilla's neck. Written on the
    sign was 'Joe Frazier'.

    Muhammad Ali >
    "I spar with the Gorilla. He doesn't punch back though. And he doesn't talk much
    either. He's just a big stupid smelly Ape."

  13. #88
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    3,795
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    0
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: August 26, 1975 ~ 'Press Conference' ~ Ali Tries To Make Gorilla Out Of Joe Frazi

    Quote Originally Posted by Bill Paxtom View Post
    ~ Muhammad Ali Brings Stuffed Gorilla To Press Conference ~

    The World Heavyweight Champion - Muhammad Ali brought along a large stuffed
    Gorilla to the Press Conference at the 'Four Seasons' restaurant.

    'The Scum Bag' had a small sign hanging around the Gorilla's neck. Written on the
    sign was 'Joe Frazier'.

    Muhammad Ali >
    "I spar with the Gorilla. He doesn't punch back though. And he doesn't talk much
    either. He's just a big stupid smelly Ape."
    After a while. Muhammad Ali's 'schtick' was wearing thin, and the Press started to turn
    away from his foolish behavior.

    Now Smokin' Joe started to talk, and the Press turned their ears toward him.

    This made 'The Scum Bag' mad, as nobody was listening to him.

    Smokin' Joe was talking and behaving like a 'true' Sportsman to the Press.

    Suddenly, Muhammad Ali made a straight 'Bee-Line' towards Joe Frazier, and walked through
    the News people. Muhammad walked up close to Smokin' Joe and put his hands on Joe's
    shoulders.

    Then he pushed Joe backwards.

    Not hard, but easy.

    The Press was waiting for an 'all-out' brawl.

  14. #89
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Antelope Valley, California
    Posts
    5,048
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    528
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: August 26, 1975 ~ 'Press Conference' ~ Ali Tries To Make Gorilla Out Of Joe Frazi

    Quote Originally Posted by C.J.Rock View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by beenKOed View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    It must gnaw at the pit of one's stomach to hate someone who's so beloved and famous.
    Does not bother me at all, I live and let live, if you like him that is great. I do not like him and it feels great! Do what you want because I sure will. See how it works? There is no gnawing going on!
    No cursing. No screaming. Just some very committed hating going on here.
    Seems like it gnaws on you when someone dislikes your hero? Do not let it bother you, as you well know we are just a bunch of misguided boxing fans.

    Must be sad to hate a man you've never met A man who doesn't even know you exist.
    Is it really hate ? Or is it just plain old fashioned jealousy because he's the greatest Hw champ EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Sir, why would I ever want to meet that loud mouthed disrespectful prick? He is the last guy I would ever want to meet! Seriously, I can not think of any reason to meet him and I could not care less if, as you say, he knows I exist. An honest to God fact!
    I know you must be feeling real bad for me right now. I am such a sad individual. Help me dude, please I need help!

  15. #90
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Paradise
    Posts
    22,137
    Mentioned
    483 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    1708
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: August 26, 1975 ~ 'Press Conference' ~ Ali Tries To Make Gorilla Out Of Joe Frazi

    Quote Originally Posted by beenKOed View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by C.J.Rock View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by beenKOed View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    It must gnaw at the pit of one's stomach to hate someone who's so beloved and famous.
    Does not bother me at all, I live and let live, if you like him that is great. I do not like him and it feels great! Do what you want because I sure will. See how it works? There is no gnawing going on!
    No cursing. No screaming. Just some very committed hating going on here.
    Seems like it gnaws on you when someone dislikes your hero? Do not let it bother you, as you well know we are just a bunch of misguided boxing fans.

    Must be sad to hate a man you've never met A man who doesn't even know you exist.
    Is it really hate ? Or is it just plain old fashioned jealousy because he's the greatest Hw champ EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Sir, why would I ever want to meet that loud mouthed disrespectful prick? He is the last guy I would ever want to meet! Seriously, I can not think of any reason to meet him and I could not care less if, as you say, he knows I exist. An honest to God fact!
    I know you must be feeling real bad for me right now. I am such a sad individual. Help me dude, please I need help!


    No disrespect intended @beenKOed but..... is he still a "loud-mouthed, disrespectful prick"?

    He's now... and has been for quite awhile... an introspective, mild-mannered, insightful, respectful individual. And I don't attribute it to his condition. He's aged... and we all deserve the right and opportunity to better ourselves as we age. Maybe back then you wouldn't have had anything to say or want to hear from him. But now, as an elderly person, he may pleasantly surprise you.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

     

Similar Threads

  1. this is it press conference
    By erics44 in forum Boxing Talk
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 05-19-2011, 07:08 PM
  2. 10 best Press Conference Brawls
    By Lance Uppercut in forum Boxing Talk
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 09-04-2009, 08:29 PM
  3. Frazier to make charity return
    By Preme in forum Boxing Talk
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 12-03-2006, 08:44 AM
  4. Joe Frazier to make acomeback in the fall!!!
    By Gandalf in forum Boxing Talk
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 05-25-2006, 07:31 PM
  5. I want to see this press conference!
    By WWatt in forum Boxing Talk
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 04-04-2006, 02:17 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  





Boxing | Boxing Photos | Boxing News | Boxing Videos | Boxing Forum | Boxing Books | Boxing Posters | Learn to Box | Advanced Fighting Methods | Boxing Rankings | Boxing Schedule | Auctions | Fun and Games | Boxing Equipment

Copyright © 2000 - 2020 Saddo Boxing - Boxing