Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default FIFA 16 is boring!

I set out the other day with the firm intention to purchase the exquisite looking Metal Gear Solid 5. However, the shop only had the display model and so I looked at the other games debating with myself: "Hmm, shall I buy Batman, FIFA 16, get the Uncharted remastered set and play them for the 4th time or buy Farming Simulator 2015? After a lot of back and forth, I went home with my copy of FIFA 16 and it is basically the same as the last one! The only difference is that the teams are updated and the players seem to be playing on some kind of green glue. I am not happy with it. All the music is generic and irritating and all the budget seems to have gone on presentation. If you choose career mode as a player you miss half the games as you don't get picked as Sturridge. I should really have researched the user reviews who seem to be pretty down on the game. I will get through it and beat it, but after playing Bloodborne, I am not finding games very fun. From hardest game in the world, to the blandest. Why oh why could they have not just had Metal Gear Solid?

Any FIFA fans out there? Maybe it is all worth it to play online, but I don't play online. I don't know.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: FIFA 16 is boring!

I played four more times today as manager controlling the team. I drew 2 and won 2, but it was a dull experience. I can only assume you only ever need to buy one of these games. They don't seem to do much to improve or alter the gameplay, but this one is like playing in a swamp and the moves are so basic. It's just a bit boring repeating things.

Maybe with the possibilities of an open world fun game rejected, I am just pissed off at buying a stupid game I have already played where you run up and down a fricking pitch.

Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

if you have friends who play the game getting an online club can be pretty fun, you just play as one player in the team and go up against other teams like that... The games turn into a bit of a tactical mess but it's fairly fun..

also mgsV is excellent you really should have bought it.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I;m struggling with latest one - passing is shite and just seems to go to opposition. I only play online seasons

Played FIFA 1994-2002, then PES 2002-09. Been back on FIFA ever since but I hear PES is amazing gameplay this time

I still don't get how some players can stick to you like glue yet I can't get near some opponents
    Don't bully fat kids - they've got enough on their plate

Mentioned
    229 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I've had every single FIFA game since FIFA International (94) this is the first one I havent bothered with.
    I think it has just got to the point where they can't actually do anymore with the game other than update the teams tweak the graphics and add a few gimicks, players shorts get dirty, the pitch cuts up as you play, you created player slowly loses hair and gains weight the more seasons you play with him etc etc

I don't play any games anymore other than Fight Night Champion every now and again.

Its a shame I thought I came from the first real gaming generation and was looking forward to being one of the people who play computer games for all of my life, my 10 year old nephew absolutely smashes me on call of duty these days, its pretty embarrasing.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Good observations.

Maybe if it was my first FIFA then I would be quite content, but I just feel as if I have bought the same game. I am just going through the motions playing this and will do a career, win everything and just dump it. I have to finish it as that is my rule but I really wish I was playing MGS5 instead.

Mentioned
    1672 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I am on FIFA 2004 Ronaldino is awesome.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The game is growing on me a little, but I bought Tomb Raider which looks more fun. I will return to Fifa later though as I cannot spend 30 quid on a game and not finish it.

I finished 3rd in my 1st season, but went and lost 3 in a row down the stretch despite starting to destroy teams. I felt a similar thing happen in Fifa 15. Maybe I just sucked for those 3 games, but the consiracy theorist within is not having it.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

do you play online ?

I've started to use triangle to pass now instead of x - much more effective

I just can't grasp defending or winning the ball off an opponent yet people do it with ease off me. What are they pressing ? Even if I win the ball they seem to be able to turn round and steal it back !

Am sure it must be something simple they do which I haven't figured out yet (or in Fifa 14 and 15 for that matter....)
    Don't bully fat kids - they've got enough on their plate

Mentioned
    1672 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Mark TKO View Post
    do you play online ?

I've started to use triangle to pass now instead of x - much more effective

I just can't grasp defending or winning the ball off an opponent yet people do it with ease off me. What are they pressing ? Even if I win the ball they seem to be able to turn round and steal it back !

Am sure it must be something simple they do which I haven't figured out yet (or in Fifa 14 and 15 for that matter....)
    Hang on I will ask my 6 year old for you.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Thread Information