Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Quillin vs. Jacobs....

Peter Quillin vs. Danny Jacobs set for December 5th at the Barclays Centre. Who do you have? It's a pick-um fight for me... the smart money says Quillin, but the doggedness of Jacobs is nothing to overlook!
    Bigger man George, bigger punch!

Subscribe: Free online Classifieds and Business directory!
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Quillin vs. Jacobs....

I would love it if Jacobs wins, just love it.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    This is a must win for both. Moreso for Quillin, because to me Andy Lee exposed him as being another Haymon fighter who can only survived with hand-picked mid-card fighters.

Hidden Content

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ykdadamaja View Post
    This is a must win for both. Moreso for Quillin, because to me Andy Lee exposed him as being another Haymon fighter who can only survived with hand-picked mid-card fighters.
    They are all big fights at this level, with plenty of pressure on both fighters. I get the impression that Jacobs welcomes the challenge. Not sure about Quillin. I want to see it, they are both in their prime and both very good.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Who can take the other's punches better? That's the question here. They both have questionable chins. I question whether Quillin can make 160 anymore. Is the fight at 160? I lean Jacobs.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Great match up and its been brewing for awhile. I really think Quillin is levels above Jacobs and will knock him out. The guy had the shoulders of Lt heavyweight and his left hook is on point last out.

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'd probably take Quillin. Jacobs might outbox him for good spots but I think he's the more likely guy to get hurt first and worse. Good match up for sure though, will be fun.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
    Great match up and its been brewing for awhile. I really think Quillin is levels above Jacobs and will knock him out. The guy had the shoulders of Lt heavyweight and his left hook is on point last out.
    To play devil's advocate, he's also plodding, flat-footed, and has chin issues. I agree that he is huge for middleweight. He's working with Memo Heredia this time out, however, so who knows what he'll be taking to get him down in weight for the fight. I like Jacobs.

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Rantcatrat View Post
    To play devil's advocate, he's also plodding, flat-footed, and has chin issues. I agree that he is huge for middleweight. He's working with Memo Heredia this time out, however, so who knows what he'll be taking to get him down in weight for the fight. I like Jacobs.
    And as still, stiff and upright as a fence post. Jacobs should be able to just pepper the guy but he's not the sharpest knife in the drawer and he could easily let this one get away by trying to hard to be the king of New York. He might want to consider a Nike ad on the bottom of his shoes. I'm sure Danny has matured in the 5 years since Pirog but the moment could get to him.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by IamInuit View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Rantcatrat View Post
    And as still, stiff and upright as a fence post. Jacobs should be able to just pepper the guy but he's not the sharpest knife in the drawer and he could easily let this one get away by trying to hard to be the king of New York. He might want to consider a Nike ad on the bottom of his shoes. I'm sure Danny has matured in the 5 years since Pirog but the moment could get to him.
    I honestly don't see Quillin as all that plodding, if anything he's improved the backfoot and showed he can vary his attack. I think Jacobs can still be a bundle of nerves and over extends himself when closing in. He doesn't retreat well. Pirog didn't just catch him..he totally outboxed and outclassed him. If Quillin lands the clean left hook Sergio Mora suckered him into, I have a hard time seeing Jacobs recover. Jacobs is an outstanding guy with good hands but he leaves all of his windows open. Awesome fight either way.

Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ykdadamaja View Post
    Haymon fighter or any other promoter he is still just a bit above average. He does have a good punch which can erase mistakes.

Good fight. But neither is a potential future great.
    All's lost! Everything's going to shit!

El Kabong Guest

Petey Quillen ftw. Jacobs has had a rough career and he's a good fighter but Pete can take his power I doubt Danny can handle the shots coming his way.

By the by it feels like Jacobs-Pirog was ancient history....that dude fell off the face of the earth!

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Jacobs is a bit of an enigma. I have seen him go out there and swing for the fences sometimes and go out there and try to box on other occasions. Its easy to hunt when you know you're the one holding the gun. He has a great never quit attitude and confidence. That counter shot that Mora dropped him with told volumes though. More had planned that shot getting up from his own knock down, retreated across the ring, drew jacobs in while locked and loaded. Jacobs never even saw the punch because he was so intent on finishing. It all seemed to happen in slow motion.

As much as i have been anti quillen on here, for his crazy stiff legged footwork. I he got from the lee knockdown a lot better than i expected him too. He has quite a few flaws and leaves himself open sometime but i not sure if jacobs has the chops to really school him. Also i dont think jacobs can resist the allure of a knockout and will go in sloppy and get caught by quillen in an exchange. If pillow fisted mora can put jacobs down, i think quillen will have him on queer street the whole night.
    They want your @$$ beat because upsets make news. News brings about excitement, excitement brings about ratings. The objective is to bring you up to the tower and tear your @$$ down. And if you don't believe that, you're crazy.

Roy Jones, Jr. "What I've Learned," Esquire 2003

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Jacobs has chin issues too. More so than Quillin. If we are basing Quillin's chin on the Andy Lee fight, we are forgetting Lee is probably the hardest punching MW in the division today outside of Lemeiux and GGG.

With the greatest respect to GGG, Lee may have more one punch pop to him than GGG does. GGG gets you with accuracy and puts you down, but Lee can bang you out with one shot out of no-where and out of position that can end the fight!

Hidden Content

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I like this fight.

I'm siding with Jacobs because of his back story and the fact he comes across as a nice guy. Pathetic reason but whatever. I think either man could score a KO. Quillins punch output against Lee was poor, but maybe that was down to Lee's tactics/power.

Jacobs PTS 5/1
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Thread Information