Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I want to see this press conference!

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default I want to see this press conference!

Benn, Eubank and Don King in New York in July 1993 to announce Benn-Eubank II.

In attendance were Michael Nunn, James Toney, Gerald McClellan, Roy Jones and Terry Norris.

Apparently Eubank put on a great show where he completely wound Benn up to the point where Nigel just got up and fumed "I'm going back to England to train for this fucker!" and off he went! Then Eubank put on exhibition sparring with the guy who worked as his sparring partner (Chris Pyatt) and apparently really humiliated Pyatt with his showmanship etc.

This was recorded on handheld camera, I want to know who was holding the camera and where the F*** the film is.

Help.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: I want to see this press conference!

Quote Originally Posted by WWatt

In attendance were Michael Nunn, James Toney, Gerald McClellan, Roy Jones and Terry Norris.

Apparently Eubank put on a great show where he completely wound Benn up to the point where Nigel just got up and roared "I'm going back to England to train for this fucker!" and off he went! Then Eubank put on exhibition sparring with the guy who worked as his sparring partner Chris Pyatt and apparently really humiliated Pyatt with his showmanship etc.

This was recorded on handheld camera, I want to know who was holding the camera and where the F*** the film is.

Help.
    If you ever find it fella, I'll have a copy
    God is a concept, By which we can measure, Our pain, I'll say it again, God is a concept, By which we can measure, Our pain, I don't believe in magic, I don't believe in I-ching, I don't believe in bible, I don't believe in tarot, I don't believe in Hitler, I don't believe in Jesus, I don't believe in Kennedy, I don't believe in Buddha, I don't believe in mantra, I don't believe in Gita, I don't believe in yoga, I don't believe in kings, I don't believe in Elvis, I don't believe in Zimmerman, I don't believe in Beatles, I just believe in me!!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Apparently Eubank put on a great show where he completely wound Benn up to the point where Nigel just got up and roared "I'm going back to England to train for this fucker!" and off he went! Then Eubank put on exhibition sparring with the guy who worked as his sparring partner Chris Pyatt and apparently really humiliated Pyatt with his showmanship etc.

Help.
    I think all thoese other fighters in attendance as you put it would beat Eubank by the way.
    Balls

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Dont think so, Eubank in his prime would of beat Norris for me.

I also think Benn would of knocked him out.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

"I'm going back to England to train for this fucker!" and off he went!

i want to see this.....

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by skel1983
    Dont think so, Eubank in his prime would of beat Norris for me.

I also think Benn would of knocked him out.
    Norris was way to good a boxer for Eubank.He would box rings around him.If a fighter did not come straight at Eubank he was in the shit.

Benn on the other hand had the power and skill to stop Norris.
    Balls

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by porkypara

Help.
    I think all thoese other fighters in attendance as you put it would beat Eubank by the way.
    Eubank beats all of them, with the exception of McClellan.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Help.

Beats them in what.............chess,cards,monopoly.

NOT IN BOXING!
    Balls

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Help.
    I would have though that McClellan was the most likely to get beaten by Eubank. Eubank took a good shot but couldn't box going forwards very well at all. Against all the others this would be a problem but against McClellan (who I think was overated anyway) he would be able to fight his favoured back foot fight.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Help.

NOT IN BOXING!
    Well, that's your opinion and your entitled to it.

But the fact that Toney stated after the Barkley fight that Eubank would be the most difficult opponent out there for him, and the fact that Jones stated after the Toney fight that Eubank was the fighter who he'd have most problems with, probably means that you'd be more confident of their chances against Eubank than they would.

Eubank had about the weirdest style in boxing, and could of given Anybody fits.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Help.

NOT IN BOXING!

But the fact that Toney stated after the Barkley fight that Eubank would be the most difficult opponent out there for him, and the fact that Jones stated after the Toney fight that Eubank was the only fighter who could give him a challenge, probably means that you'd be more confident of their chances against Eubank than they would.

Eubank had about the weirdest style in boxing, and could of given ANYBODY fits.
    Look at the way Jones and Toney fight.If Dan Sherry gave Eubank trouble they would out box him with ease.
    Balls

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Googoogachoob

Help.
    I would have though that McClellan was the most likely to get beaten by Eubank. Eubank took a good shot but couldn't box going forwards very well at all. Against all the others this would be a problem but against McClellan (who I think was overated anyway) he would be able to fight his favoured back foot fight.
    McClellan was all wrong for Eubank. Taller, rangier, fast, judgement of distance, etc. He's the only guy who could of out-jabbed Eubank, not jabbing with Eubank but using his sense of distance. McClellan circled opponents and picked them off well, and had amazing timing. And he's one the best three body-punchers ever. He knocked out 15 opponents in the opening round with his trademark left hook to the body, and Eubank never took a good body shot well at all. McClellan was a beast, and Eubank didn't have the style to beat him (Benn did, even if McClellan wasn't such an over-confident head-hunter against Benn - Benn still had the style to beat him).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Help.

NOT IN BOXING!

But the fact that Toney stated after the Barkley fight that Eubank would be the most difficult opponent out there for him, and the fact that Jones stated after the Toney fight that Eubank was the only fighter who could give him a challenge, probably means that you'd be more confident of their chances against Eubank than they would.

Look at the way Jones and Toney fight.If Dan Sherry gave Eubank trouble they would out box him with ease.
    Lol, don't play word games. And Sherry wasn't giving Eubank that much trouble, he was just playing hit and run while getting beaten up in the process.

I could say if Sanderline Williams and Dave Tiberi were robbed against Toney, Eubank would out-box him with ease.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Googoogachoob

Help.
    McClellan was all wrong for Eubank. Taller, rangier, fast, judgement of distance, etc. He's the only guy who could of out-jabbed Eubank, not jabbing with Eubank but using his sense of distance. McClellan circled opponents and picked them off well, and had amazing timing. And he's one the best three body-punchers ever. He knocked out 15 opponents in the opening round with his trademark left hook to the body, and Eubank never took a good body shot well at all. McClellan was a beast, and Eubank didn't have the style to beat him (Benn did, even if McClellan wasn't such an over-confident head-hunter against Benn - Benn still had the style to beat him).
    McClellan's power is obviously not in question but I think you are over-estimating his boxing ability. He had a good jab & the left hook to the body was devastating but I think he was a bit predictable. Straight left, right cross, left hook to the body was his favourite punch combination & he used it over & over....& over. Don't get me wrong it was effective but I think he could have been outboxed by Eubank with some to spare.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Help.

NOT IN BOXING!

Lol, don't play word games. And Sherry wasn't giving Eubank that much trouble, he was just playing hit and run while getting beaten up in the process.

I could say if Sanderline Williams and Dave Tiberi were robbed against Toney, Eubank would out-box him with ease.

Eubank won a shit load of debatable desisions.
    Balls

Thread Information