38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Mitch "Blood" Green calls out Eric "Butterbean" Esch

Ah, I love boxing

www.fightnews.com

In an offbeat piece of news, colorful former heavyweight contender Mitch “Blood” Green, 19-6-1 (12 KOs), has issued a strong challenge to boxing’s “King of the Four Rounders,” Eric “Butterbean” Esch, 72-7-4 (54 KOs), to face him in a Green/Bean showdown. "I want Limabean! I call him Limabean because I eat Limabeans and when I fight that big bean, I'll eat him up,” exclaimed Green. Currently riding a two-fight winning streak, including a KO 4 over Billy Mitchem last August, Green says despite his 49 years, he is ready to go when Butterbean is. "I'm doing well. I got a security job at a nightclub. Gerry Cooney and F.I.S.T. helped me get my license. I still lift weights and shadowbox every day. I'm in good shape and could fight on a day’s notice. I want it so bad, I can taste Limabean on my tongue when I get up in the morning." After suffering through a rough few fights, Butterbean seems to have righted his ship with first an MMA victory over well-respected contender Wesley “Cabbage” Correira and then in boxing, a decision victory over formerly undefeated Dan White in Kalamazoo, Michigan on Saturday night.
    Tuesday, March 28 2006

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Mitch "Blood" Green calls out Eric "Butterbean" Esch

On a more serious note, I do actually think what Cooney is doing is a good thing

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

What's Cooney doing?

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

apparently finding retired boxers who are on hard times jobs, at least as far as I know, I didn't really like him as a fighter but he seems to be doing good things now

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Mitch Green has a screw loose but I sort of like him anyway. There's a kind of unassuming blue collar quality to his remarks. Butterbean is so slow and horribly fat these days that I would bet on Michael Carbajal coming out of retirement to outpoint him. It would be the only fight on record in which 1 fighter was 3 times as heavy as his opponent. . Could Green do it? I guess so, but believe me, he's no Archie Moore at 49 years old. Who on earth would want to watch such a sorry spectacle?

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Wasn't Mitch Green a bit of a "Gangster" in the eighties ??
    God is a concept, By which we can measure, Our pain, I'll say it again, God is a concept, By which we can measure, Our pain, I don't believe in magic, I don't believe in I-ching, I don't believe in bible, I don't believe in tarot, I don't believe in Hitler, I don't believe in Jesus, I don't believe in Kennedy, I don't believe in Buddha, I don't believe in mantra, I don't believe in Gita, I don't believe in yoga, I don't believe in kings, I don't believe in Elvis, I don't believe in Zimmerman, I don't believe in Beatles, I just believe in me!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by BIG H
    I remember hearing that he was involved with gangs for awhile, well before his fight with Tyson though. I also remember watching the Tyson-Green fight in which all Green did the whole fight was throw a bunch of weak jabs which mostly missed, and hold Tyson on the inside whenever Tyson got close enough to punch. When it was over Sugar Ray Leonard said "I was very disappointed in Mitch Green's performance. All he did the whole fight was hold." I suppose that Green's been asked a million times about the fight and his claim to fame is that he went the distance with Tyson, losing every round though.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

In all honesty...I can't believe that people actually still pay to watch Butterbean in the ring.

Really.
    Never beg a 40 dollar hooker...specially after she's just turned down your mom's credit card!!

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yes.Mitch "BLOOD :P" Green was quite the gangster. He was supposedly king of the street gangs in some part of NY, and Tyson had been affiliated with other gangs in Brooklyn.. Basically, it would be a good bet most of the crowd that night weren't choir boys.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Does anyone remember a few years after the Green-Tyson fight, Green confronted Tyson outside a night club, and Tyson broke his face with one punch. Green didn't look so "Gangsta" then.

As for Butterbean, I thought he said he would retire and never fight again if Holmes{at 100 yrs old} beat him, and Holmes did.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

lDoes anyone really care about this fight?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Canvasback
    lDoes anyone really care about this fight?
    If they do...
    Never beg a 40 dollar hooker...specially after she's just turned down your mom's credit card!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

As a matter of fact it was Tyson who broke a bone in his hand and he had to postpone a scheduled fight

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by DarkDestroyer
    As a matter of fact it was Tyson who broke a bone in his hand and he had to postpone a scheduled fight
    yeah mike broke his hand aswell. but did you see the shiner that tyson gave mitch green that broke his hand? mitch's face was a mess.
    Mitch Green: note to self .dont mess with iron mike outside a night club. lesson learned

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by mokele
    I remember hearing that he was involved with gangs for awhile, well before his fight with Tyson though. I also remember watching the Tyson-Green fight in which all Green did the whole fight was throw a bunch of weak jabs which mostly missed, and hold Tyson on the inside whenever Tyson got close enough to punch. When it was over Sugar Ray Leonard said "I was very disappointed in Mitch Green's performance. All he did the whole fight was hold." I suppose that Green's been asked a million times about the fight and his claim to fame is that he went the distance with Tyson, losing every round though.

Then Tyson kicked his ass in a street fight

Thread Information