Ah, I love boxing

www.fightnews.com

In an offbeat piece of news, colorful former heavyweight contender Mitch “Blood” Green, 19-6-1 (12 KOs), has issued a strong challenge to boxing’s “King of the Four Rounders,” Eric “Butterbean” Esch, 72-7-4 (54 KOs), to face him in a Green/Bean showdown. "I want Limabean! I call him Limabean because I eat Limabeans and when I fight that big bean, I'll eat him up,” exclaimed Green. Currently riding a two-fight winning streak, including a KO 4 over Billy Mitchem last August, Green says despite his 49 years, he is ready to go when Butterbean is. "I'm doing well. I got a security job at a nightclub. Gerry Cooney and F.I.S.T. helped me get my license. I still lift weights and shadowbox every day. I'm in good shape and could fight on a day’s notice. I want it so bad, I can taste Limabean on my tongue when I get up in the morning." After suffering through a rough few fights, Butterbean seems to have righted his ship with first an MMA victory over well-respected contender Wesley “Cabbage” Correira and then in boxing, a decision victory over formerly undefeated Dan White in Kalamazoo, Michigan on Saturday night.
Tuesday, March 28 2006