Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Halloween movies.

What movies do you watch to get in the Halloween mood?

El Kabong Guest

Default Re: Halloween movies.

Well I love horrible movies but also I like a well done horror movie this time of the year.

Halloween the original and the Rob Zombie re-make, Halloween II (certainly NOT the Zombie re-make), Halloween III: Season of the Witch (hilariously bad.

Friday the 13th (the entire catalogue)

Nightmare on Elm Street (the entire set)

The Shining

The Exorcist

The Omen

Mentioned
    229 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'm a massive horror buff so I've got quite a list of them, I'll narrow it down to just a few though

The Exorcist - yeah horribly predictable I know but still terrifying, more the premise of the innocent soul of a young girl being corrupted by a demon, the book is 10 times better than the film though so I'd recommend that as well.

The Entity - a brutal rapist of a ghost stalking and plaguing a poor defensless woman who is half convinced that she is going crazy, again the book is better than the film

I spit on your grave - a revenge film in which a woman is brutally gang raped and slowly picks off the fellas that did it one by one, the bath/scissor scene is unmissable. Yeah its a bit dated now but the fact that the film doesn't use any soundtrack makes it all the more sinister.

Martyrs - just watch it is you want to see something extremely fucked up and disturbing, French film, I think it took 3 days after watching it for it to catch up with me and make me go 'what the actual fuck was that'

Halloween - the original, a great film, before all the slasher movies there was this that paved the way for them, this is a stalker film not a slasher, Halloween 2 purposely upped the gore to compete with the Friday 13ths of the world

Texas Chainsaw Massacre - Brilliant, all pretty disturbing, not for old leatherface or anything like that but for the complete trauma that the lead female character goes through, at the end of the film you ask yourself if she actually came out of it unscathed or if she's ultimately lost her mind

Dawn of the dead - not scary but zombies, one of my favourites to just stick on and enjoy, this is when zombies were as they should be, slow shambling creatures that overwhelm you with sheer numbers, there is no need to run when there are 1000's of them pursuing you

Nightmare on elm street - I assume this needs no commentary, the original before old Fred Kruger was turned into a comedy act

Poltergeist 2 - not the film itself but purely for

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I am too scared now to watch them but was a massive fan Hammer House of Horror.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I usually look for a Outer limits, Creature feature or Mst3k marathon Halloween to me is a time for weird and freaky shit AND the horror scare. Tales from the Darkside is a must for the holiday! Night of the Living dead remake in 90' was great, as the original. The Thing Absolute classic sci-fi horror thriller that works for Halloween. An American Werewolf in London!! 28 Days blew my mind. Night Gallery repeats. Stumbled into The Devils rejects other night and forgot how fookin twisted nuts it was.

El Kabong Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
    I usually look for a Outer limits, Creature feature or Mst3k marathon Halloween to me is a time for weird and freaky shit AND the horror scare. Tales from the Darkside is a must for the holiday! Night of the Living dead remake in 90' was great, as the original. The Thing Absolute classic sci-fi horror thriller that works for Halloween. An American Werewolf in London!! 28 Days blew my mind. Night Gallery repeats. Stumbled into The Devils rejects other night and forgot how fookin twisted nuts it was.
    Damn near all of the MST3K movies are on YouTube in their entirety if you didn't already know.

My wife and I are watching [REC] a zombie movie from Spain.....let me tell you, if zombies ever did hit Spain those people would be FUCKED....totally incompetent police and firemen

Mentioned
    229 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I enjoyed rec, I lent my copy of it to my dad and never got it back, put it this way rec was a hell of a lot better than the American remake

El Kabong Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Batman View Post
    I enjoyed rec, I lent my copy of it to my dad and never got it back, put it this way rec was a hell of a lot better than the American remake
    Oh yeah "Quarantine".....yeah I haven't watched that but I'll take your word for it. I will say the Spanish reporter gal who pops in front of camera ever 2 seconds saying "keep filming, keep filming" is very annoying

Mentioned
    680 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

A Couple of them are bad but the paranormal activity series are interesting. I see a new one is coming out for the season.

El Kabong Guest

The Ring is a freaky one

Sometimes I like a chilling, scary, horrifying movie....other times I like silly movies, Halloween III: Season of the Witch, the only movie in the Halloween franchise which doesn't feature Michael Myers as the bad guy.
    Last edited by El Kabong; 10-24-2015 at 01:55 AM.

Mentioned
    229 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

That'll be Halloween 3 not 2, Halloween 2 upped the gore and deaths, Halloween 3 was just terrible

El Kabong Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Batman View Post
    That'll be Halloween 3 not 2, Halloween 2 upped the gore and deaths, Halloween 3 was just terrible
    Quite right....don't know why I went the Roman numeral route and not the Arabic numeral route.

H3 was horrid, but it's sooooo much fun. The evil guys are clockwork "robots" that are dressed up like Mormons, and they are made by an evil Irish genius who is making masks that will kill children (not going to be great for profit margins for the NEXT year if you ask me) using pieces of Stonehenge (which is located in Southern England nowhere near Ireland), and the masks shoot lasers through your face and bugs and snakes crawl out of the wound......the entire movie makes no fucking sense at all.

Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Well a t.v. show, not a movie.

1 minute in, as a kid I was horrified. Thinking to myself: Damn, so women start off bitching as little girls? Sally just wouldn't shut the fuck up. Horrifying.
    All's lost! Everything's going to shit!

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Wonder why Rec (original?) isn't available on Netflix but 3 and 4 are? Quarantine slipped by me have to check that out. It looks similar to a foreign title that I can not remember, abandoned hotel mostly and begins with bunch of drug dealers squaring off and 'infected' slowly tearing everything apart.

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Anything with Jennifer Tilly

Thread Information