Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Terence Crawford?

Many of you may not question this because generally UK fighters are developed more slowly but.... Why was Terence Crawford in his 7th year as a pro before going for a title?(I realize Crawford is from the USA, just saying it may not stand out as much because UK fighters tend to go through levels)

For the respect he gets on his talent his cv is rather sparse. Why isn't it ever mentioned? Even now there are much better fights to make at 140 than what they have made and there is talk of him moving on before making any of them. Why does he get a pass?

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Terence Crawford?

Terence Crawford is a quality fighter and will be fighting tonight. He beat our Burns so we appreciate him more.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Swanson View Post
    Many of you may not question this because generally UK fighters are developed more slowly but.... Why was Terence Crawford in his 7th year as a pro before going for a title?(I realize Crawford is from the USA, just saying it may not stand out as much because UK fighters tend to go through levels)

For the respect he gets on his talent his cv is rather sparse. Why isn't it ever mentioned? Even now there are much better fights to make at 140 than what they have made and there is talk of him moving on before making any of them. Why does he get a pass?
    Dunno about getting a pass. He's only just moved into the 140 division relatively speaking. I think it's about timing and availability. I think after this fight he'll get moved on pretty quickly. There was talk of a Pacquiao fight, which I was a bit sceptical about because I reckon he would've put Pac into retirement.
    I think the talent is there to see, I don't think he's been exceptionally slowly brought on.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Primo Carnera View Post

Dunno about getting a pass. He's only just moved into the 140 division relatively speaking. I think it's about timing and availability. I think after this fight he'll get moved on pretty quickly. There was talk of a Pacquiao fight, which I was a bit sceptical about because I reckon he would've put Pac into retirement.
    I think the talent is there to see, I don't think he's been exceptionally slowly brought on.
    Yeah. It was a joke not too long ago, I said they would move Crawford up as quick as possible to make it happen and people thought I was kidding. But, anyone would want a PAC fight it's like a Mayweather fight. I mean where are the show me fights? The fights against top guys at 140 before moving up to 147? I just see very few resumes I respect anymore and I think this kid has the talent to build one but he's 28 now and still hasn't started lining up top guys. I just want to see someone with both the talent and the will to try for greatness and I don't know where to look.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Did he say he is moving up to 147? Both 140 and 147 are solid weight classes so he has good fights for both. Next fight though he needs to fight postol (or pac if that fight can be made) then move up to 147 if he wants.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

UK fighters are developed more slowly
    Can you explain this?
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think its because he wasn't in the spotlight or being touted as the next best thing. If, so I think we/somebody would have pointed it out.

I think you raised a legit question.
    All's lost! Everything's going to shit!

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Fenster View Post
    UK fighters are developed more slowly
    Can you explain this?
    He is having a dig at our fighters. Ron is a miserable poster who hates GGG but loves Ward.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Brits face much more challenging comp also sooner then North Americans save the Mexicans. That is important to mention. Way tougher domestic level then this playground of padding.

Crawford looks different to me at 140. Maybe a little drunk with success. Jean is a bit of a spoiler here imo and I doubt Crawford stops him.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

He headlines in a few hours and very little to no talk or fight thread about it. Just over 2 yrs ago he was filling in as a last minute replacement for Khabib Allakhverdiev ...as undercard to Brandon Rios . Hardly favoritism or pass. Kid earned everything he has and its good they let him marinade and grow into 140. Pretty shifty style for him tonight, be good to see how he adjusts.

Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
    He headlines in a few hours and very little to no talk or fight thread about it. Just over 2 yrs ago he was filling in as a last minute replacement for Khabib Allakhverdiev ...as undercard to Brandon Rios . Hardly favoritism or pass. Kid earned everything he has and its good they let him marinade and grow into 140. Pretty shifty style for him tonight, be good to see how he adjusts.
    WOW, he's fighting tonight? LOL! Televised? cable, ppv?
    All's lost! Everything's going to shit!

Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by SlimTrae View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
    WOW, he's fighting tonight? LOL! Televised? cable, ppv?
    its on hbo i think

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The undercard starts in 8 minutes on TopRank.TV

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged