Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: O'Sullivan - Eubank (WBA full title eliminator) on Joshua - Whyte undercard

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ross View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Primo Carnera View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Tam Seddon View Post
    Belief will take you so far........but a lot else needs to happen. Still , you keep believing in him if you like , while I'll stick to what ACTUALLY HAPPENS. ������
    So you are willing to judge the future of his career on one fight?

So those other fighters I me tioned, their careers should be judged on those losses? Hopkins lost to a journeyman in his first fight.

Even Tam who liked your post has lost to some mediocre fighters. Does that mean Tam couldnt improve and beat them after more experience or go on to have an impressive resume?
    I was in the wrong weight class, coming from cruiserweight to supermiddleweight will benefit me highly.
    Can you not see my point though?

You were relaively inexperienced as was Eubank. Eubank came very close to beating Saunders and one odf the judges though he did. With more experience he can improve and beat Saunders. Im sure even with the weight dissparity you could face those same fighters and beat them.

My problem was I was too small in a big division. Ive done better and will do better at 12 stone. But still fighting good level fighters.
    What baffles me is How does Ross know that they were mediocre fighters? much respect to you Tam, just for getting down to 12 stone regardless of how you do.

White collar boxers? Check em out. They are just ticket sellers and income generators for enterprising trainers/budding promoters. Im sure Tam would agree most wouldnt even reach regional amateur
    Tournament level, let alone get in the finals of the regionals.
    Mate, I'm gonna try to be very polite here and I'm gonna try not to be a smarmy prick.
    When you talk like that , you sound really disrespectful. I respect and admire and am a bit jealous of anyone who's been between the ropes.
    Boxing makes you push your limits and challenge yourself like no other sport , both physically and mentally. And at some levels, you may not win, but if you come out of there after all the work you put in before and during the fight and look in the mirror and know you couldn't do any more, then you can be immensely proud and that's what it's about. All these white collar guys, amateurs, semi pro's , journeymen pro's mean as much as the Floyd and Pac's of this world.
    I had a disagreement with britkid the other day, he felt that if money wasn't your main priority, you shouldn't be allowed to box. I reckon if money IS your main priority maybe you shouldn't be allowed to box.
    What I'm trying to say is , follow the hype if you like , we all do to a certain degree, but don't let it deflect from what goes on in the ring.
    Sorry to make this post sound like some sort of Hollywood speech.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: O'Sullivan - Eubank (WBA full title eliminator) on Joshua - Whyte undercard

Belief will take you so far........but a lot else needs to happen. Still , you keep believing in him if you like , while I'll stick to what ACTUALLY HAPPENS. ������

So those other fighters I me tioned, their careers should be judged on those losses? Hopkins lost to a journeyman in his first fight.

Even Tam who liked your post has lost to some mediocre fighters. Does that mean Tam couldnt improve and beat them after more experience or go on to have an impressive resume?
    I was in the wrong weight class, coming from cruiserweight to supermiddleweight will benefit me highly.

You were relaively inexperienced as was Eubank. Eubank came very close to beating Saunders and one odf the judges though he did. With more experience he can improve and beat Saunders. Im sure even with the weight dissparity you could face those same fighters and beat them.

My problem was I was too small in a big division. Ive done better and will do better at 12 stone. But still fighting good level fighters.
    What baffles me is How does Ross know that they were mediocre fighters? much respect to you Tam, just for getting down to 12 stone regardless of how you do.

White collar boxers? Check em out. They are just ticket sellers and income generators for enterprising trainers/budding promoters. Im sure Tam would agree most wouldnt even reach regional amateur

Well last couple of guys I boxed were former pros. One boxed for the Turkish National team and had over 200 fights for them and last lad I boxed has had over 300 fights. Both good standard.
    Former pros doesnt really mean a great deal. What sort of level did they mix in? Thats the important bit. Ok the Turkish national fighter and the lad with over 300 bouts, they have experience but there are amateur lads here in Guernsey with over 60 bouts but they are still losing to lads with less than half their bouts. Some lads just love boxing but they are no better than mediocre. Mediocre doesnt mean bad or terrible! It just means they are average in the big scheme of things when you judge against someone of a top level.

Im not trying to offend you Tam but any of those lads in white collar if they were to face Eubank as shit as he is they would have their ears boxed off.
    Of course they would , that's why we aren't pro and never claim we ever will be or will ever get close to that level. The next guy I'm fighting in Malta is pretty good. It's not white collar it's semi pro, I get paid for this. No head guards or vests anymore. I'm pretty sure I'm doing 6x2 min rounds for this next fight too.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: O'Sullivan - Eubank (WBA full title eliminator) on Joshua - Whyte undercard

Mate, I'm gonna try to be very polite here and I'm gonna try not to be a smarmy prick.
    When you talk like that , you sound really disrespectful. I respect and admire and am a bit jealous of anyone who's been between the ropes.
    Boxing makes you push your limits and challenge yourself like no other sport , both physically and mentally. And at some levels, you may not win, but if you come out of there after all the work you put in before and during the fight and look in the mirror and know you couldn't do any more, then you can be immensely proud and that's what it's about. All these white collar guys, amateurs, semi pro's , journeymen pro's mean as much as the Floyd and Pac's of this world.
    I had a disagreement with britkid the other day, he felt that if money wasn't your main priority, you shouldn't be allowed to box. I reckon if money IS your main priority maybe you shouldn't be allowed to box.
    What I'm trying to say is , follow the hype if you like , we all do to a certain degree, but don't let it deflect from what goes on in the ring.
    You only think im being disrespectful because you have no idea or experience of what it feels like to compete as a boxer and are in total awe of anyone who does and believe everyone should recieve praise and admiration.

I respect all fighters but the fact is, some are mediocre. Its not disrespectfull. I never got the chance to prove myself above mediocre and would not take any offence at being described as such.

Maybe you could introduce the "Primo award for participation" for all those low level fighters?

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

You only think im being disrespectful because you have no idea or experience of what it feels like to compete as a boxer and are in total awe of anyone who does and believe everyone should recieve praise and admiration.

I respect all fighters but the fact is, some are mediocre. Its not disrespectfull. I never got the chance to prove myself above mediocre and would not take any offence at being described as such.

Maybe you could introduce the "Primo award for participation" for all those low level fighters?
    " Definition of mediocre in English:
    adjective

Of only average quality; not very good:"
    A bit arrogant to start talking about Tam's opponents like that considering you don't know them and the fact that you used your analogy about them not standing a chance against Cwistopher proves my point that all you're interested in is the hype and bullshit merchants, nobody said they would stand a chance , what exactly was your point?
    I'm certainly not "in awe of every boxer" , like I want to lick their ass. I just respect them for challenging themselves.
    The only person in awe of , or starstruck here is you. The way you go on about your 2 favourite bum chums is embarrassing considering their lack of achievements to date.
    As for the "low level fighters" you mention, you know The "minions", the "ne'er do well's"? they don't need any Awards from me because they don't do it for that, they do it for themselves.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

adjective

A bit arrogant to start talking about Tam's opponents like that considering you don't know them and the fact that you used your analogy about them not standing a chance against Cwistopher proves my point that all you're interested in is the hype and bullshit merchants, nobody said they would stand a chance , what exactly was your point?
    I'm certainly not "in awe of every boxer" , like I want to lick their ass. I just respect them for challenging themselves.
    The only person in awe of , or starstruck here is you. The way you go on about your 2 favourite bum chums is embarrassing considering their lack of achievements to date.
    As for the "low level fighters" you mention, you know The "minions", the "ne'er do well's"? they don't need any Awards from me because they don't do it for that, they do it for themselves.
    Pro low level fighters do it to earn money

If Eubank is hype and bullshit how come he got a score card in his favour over Saunders when no one else could?

Eubank is improving.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

adjective

1.Pro low level fighters do it to earn money

2.If Eubank is hype and bullshit how come he got a score card in his favour over Saunders when no one else could?

3. Eubank is improving.
    1. Yes, but it is supplemented usually by a job, it is not their priority , some know they'll never make it, they love the sport as well.
    2. Clearly one judge got it wrong, it happens. They clearly got carried away with Eubank's wild haymakers that were all missing. Richie Woodhall was ringside for Radio 5 and he called it for Eubank. Later, when he was on the telly and had re watched it, he changed his mind. Like I say , it happens, but The important thing is 2 got it right. Tell me , do you think Canelo drew with Floyd?
    3. You do know Eubank and Saunders are the same age, don't you? Why should he improve any more than Saunders?
    I'm sure you won't see it like this, but then again, when have you ever let facts get in the way of a good hype and bullshit story?

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by erics44 View Post
    You could actually see Eubank getting a GGG shot because of his name, it would be great if GGG came to the UK for the first time and ruined Eubank. Although im praying on Spike doing that first

why would you want eubank to lose?

hes a charactor, there is a bit of excitement around him and its enjoyable

if he lost badly and faded as a result who would be have to be excited about? fury? BJS? David Haye?
    Id be excited about a lot of upcoming UK fighters who you haven't mentioned there and I couldn't give one about Jnr.
    I'm with you on this Tam. You can get excited about Campbell, the Smiths, both Selby's now,Quigg, Frampton, Warrington, Brook, Eggington, the list goes on, and Not one of them has said things like "my trainer is only there to apply Vaseline, if I'm doing something wrong , I know it and I can put it right!"
    That is just one small example of the horseshit this halfwit comes out with.
    His old man talks quite a bit of crap, but he's already backed it up in spade loads and earned the right to do so.
    This fucker has yet to do fucking anything!
    i dont think any of those fighters you mention are as electrfying in the ring as eubank

i like all of them, none throw the combination power punches that eubank does and i like all of them outside of the ring, but non get my attention like eubank
    Well each to their own I suppose. We obviously like different things in our fighters. My preference is for good un-deluded fighters that don't disrespect their trainers amongst others and do their talking mostly in the ring.
    In a nutshell , Boxers not Blaggers.😉
    Yet you are here talking about him.

Eubank is doing his job well.

Hes only fighting an obscure irish journeyman yet this is quite a busy thread compared to an Lee v Saunders threads. In fact right now the last thread involving the Lee v Saunders fight is on page 9!!!

So much for your respect for these fighters. Clearly people have no interest in those boring fighters.

Someone might now to make a point start another or revive an old thread about Lee or Saunders but the amount of threads involving Eubank jr over the first 9 pages proves Eubank is built for the pros and making money.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

2.If Eubank is hype and bullshit how come he got a score card in his favour over Saunders when no one else could?

3. Eubank is improving.

1. Yes, but it is supplemented usually by a job, it is not their priority , some know they'll never make it, they love the sport as well.
    2. Clearly one judge got it wrong, it happens. They clearly got carried away with Eubank's wild haymakers that were all missing. Richie Woodhall was ringside for Radio 5 and he called it for Eubank. Later, when he was on the telly and had re watched it, he changed his mind. Like I say , it happens, but The important thing is 2 got it right. Tell me , do you think Canelo drew with Floyd?
    3. You do know Eubank and Saunders are the same age, don't you? Why should he improve any more than Saunders?
    I'm sure you won't see it like this, but then again, when have you ever let facts get in the way of a good hype and bullshit story?
    Are you for real?

You really honestly think that experience comes from age!!?

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

You could actually see Eubank getting a GGG shot because of his name, it would be great if GGG came to the UK for the first time and ruined Eubank. Although im praying on Spike doing that first

why would you want eubank to lose?

hes a charactor, there is a bit of excitement around him and its enjoyable

if he lost badly and faded as a result who would be have to be excited about? fury? BJS? David Haye?
    Id be excited about a lot of upcoming UK fighters who you haven't mentioned there and I couldn't give one about Jnr.
    I'm with you on this Tam. You can get excited about Campbell, the Smiths, both Selby's now,Quigg, Frampton, Warrington, Brook, Eggington, the list goes on, and Not one of them has said things like "my trainer is only there to apply Vaseline, if I'm doing something wrong , I know it and I can put it right!"
    That is just one small example of the horseshit this halfwit comes out with.
    His old man talks quite a bit of crap, but he's already backed it up in spade loads and earned the right to do so.
    This fucker has yet to do fucking anything!
    i dont think any of those fighters you mention are as electrfying in the ring as eubank

i like all of them, none throw the combination power punches that eubank does and i like all of them outside of the ring, but non get my attention like eubank
    Well each to their own I suppose. We obviously like different things in our fighters. My preference is for good un-deluded fighters that don't disrespect their trainers amongst others and do their talking mostly in the ring.
    In a nutshell , Boxers not Blaggers.😉
    Yet you are here talking about him.

Eubank is doing his job well.

Hes only fighting an obscure irish journeyman yet this is quite a busy thread compared to an Lee v Saunders threads. In fact right now the last thread involving the Lee v Saunders fight is on page 9!!!

So much for your respect for these fighters. Clearly people have no interest in those boring fighters.

Someone might now to make a point start another or revive an old thread about Lee or Saunders but the amount of threads involving Eubank jr over the first 9 pages proves Eubank is built for the pros and making money.
    Take out your posts and the replies to your nonsense and I can't see much difference. We proved this before Ross , when you didn't post on a Fury thread for 2 days, and nobody else did. Come on Ross, get with the programme!

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

3. Eubank is improving.

Are you for real?

Firstly you were talking about improvement not experience. However, I do believe Saunders has gained more experience than Eubank and I don't see why/how that will change as they are the same age and are likely to have the same length of career left.
    Still , I'm sure you'll come back with "if,if,if" instead of the facts.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

3. Eubank is improving.

Are you for real?

Firstly you were talking about improvement not experience. However, I do believe Saunders has gained more experience than Eubank and I don't see why/how that will change as they are the same age and are likely to have the same length of career left.
    You will see what Eubank does to Spike compared to what Saunders managed.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

3. Eubank is improving.

Are you for real?

You will see what Eubank does to Spike compared to what Saunders managed.
    Here we go again, "if,if,if".all Eubank has to do is beat O'Sullivan. That's what Saunders did. And guess what? Saunders beat Eubank as well!

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Take out your posts and the replies to your nonsense and I can't see much difference. We proved this before Ross , when you didn't post on a Fury thread for 2 days, and nobody else did. Come on Ross, get with the programme!
    What!?

Am I stopping everyone from posting about the Lee Saunders fight?

No one gives a fuck about them or their boring fight. You are more excited about Eubank jr as is every other poster in this thread. Excited can be excited to see him win or lose but he generates excitment and some are resenting that but just cant help themselves post about him and ignore a genuine world title fight involving fighters they supposedly really respect at the same time.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I really think the Heavyweight division is starting to come back. There is a lot of depth that needs to be thinned out right now. More matchup's of the top 25 should be interesting. Hopefully we get some cream rising to the top.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

This page is freaking huge with all your unnecessary quotes guys. Takes like a minute to scroll this bitch.

Thread Information