Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: O'Sullivan - Eubank (WBA full title eliminator) on Joshua - Whyte undercard

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default O'Sullivan - Eubank (WBA full title eliminator) on Joshua - Whyte undercard

Hearn confirms Eubank Jr-O’Sullivan on for December 12th, will be final eliminator for WBA middleweight title | Boxing News | Fightnews

Solid undercard fight and one that i'm looking forward to and I hope O'Sullivan can test that chin. He registered 1,100 pounds force in his last KO in the states and that's the hardest punch by a middleweight in PBC history. Eubanks capable of outboxing Spike, but going off Saturdays performance you wouldn't think he's going to be on his bike too often. This is what will make the fight interesting IMO because Spike hits a lot harder than Saunders, so it will be interesting to see how that pans. I'm looking forward to it, as much as I like Snr...I don't like Jnr. The winner of this is likely to face Jacobs - Quillen and that would lead to a GGG showdown.

GGG has Terano Johnson to deal with at some point too. Lee-Saunders is on his radar as well and Cotto-Canelo, so theres at least 3-4 there for GGG next year. Im loving the 160 division at the moment, I know GGG is leading the pack but if he wasn't about it would make it a dam competitive division.

Mentioned
    391 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: O'Sullivan - Eubank (WBA full title eliminator) on Joshua - Whyte undercard

Quote Originally Posted by Tam Seddon View Post
    Hearn confirms Eubank Jr-O’Sullivan on for December 12th, will be final eliminator for WBA middleweight title | Boxing News | Fightnews

Solid undercard fight and one that i'm looking forward to and I hope O'Sullivan can test that chin. He registered 1,100 pounds force in his last KO in the states and that's the hardest punch by a middleweight in PBC history. Eubanks capable of outboxing Spike, but going off Saturdays performance you wouldn't think he's going to be on his bike too often. This is what will make the fight interesting IMO because Spike hits a lot harder than Saunders, so it will be interesting to see how that pans. I'm looking forward to it, as much as I like Snr...I don't like Jnr. The winner of this is likely to face Jacobs - Quillen and that would lead to a GGG showdown.

GGG has Terano Johnson to deal with at some point too. Lee-Saunders is on his radar as well and Cotto-Canelo, so theres at least 3-4 there for GGG next year. Im loving the 160 division at the moment, I know GGG is leading the pack but if he wasn't about it would make it a dam competitive division.
    Spike is British level at best, Jr will school him he maybe a tough guy Spike but his chin will be tested
    he will be lucky to be on his feet at the last bell.
    This is a fight Jr should win, the build up will be entertaining no doubt.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: O'Sullivan - Eubank (WBA full title eliminator) on Joshua - Whyte undercard

Quote Originally Posted by Dia bando View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Tam Seddon View Post

Spike is British level at best, Jr will school him he maybe a tough guy Spike but his chin will be tested
    he will be lucky to be on his feet at the last bell.
    This is a fight Jr should win, the build up will be entertaining no doubt.
    Eubank has the ability to box but he does stay in punching distance for long enough for Spike to wack him and that could be all it takes. But I could also see Eubank out boxing him too. Spike's improved since the Saunders loss, so it will be a solid build up fight

Mentioned
    944 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I sincerely think O'Sullivan is more than capable of stopping Eubank Jr. Really hope it happens, tiring of the Eubank circus already, deluded arrogant tossers the pair of them. Remember Sr was easily out psyched by another Irish lad in Collins and I think Jr is no less gullible. I think Spike will get into the huge space in such a vacuous head and dismantle him before he even steps in the ring.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Greenbeanz View Post
    I sincerely think O'Sullivan is more than capable of stopping Eubank Jr. Really hope it happens, tiring of the Eubank circus already, deluded arrogant tossers the pair of them. Remember Sr was easily out psyched by another Irish lad in Collins and I think Jr is no less gullible. I think Spike will get into the huge space in such a vacuous head and dismantle him before he even steps in the ring.
    O'Sullivan has been wrestling with Alligators in America and sparring with Jermain Taylor, a good fluid boxer like Taylor although had his problems of late would have been a good experience for O'Sullivan. Would love to see him land flush of Eubank.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Your dreamng Tam and Greenbeanz. Eubank will beat O Sullivan comfortably.

O Sullivan is being thrown in at the deep end and hes going to drown.

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

O'Sullivan can bang and Eubank is a pretty static fighter and not hard to hit at all.
    Punch power and who has the best chin decides this one.
    Toe to toe tear up then one of them gets banged out is how this one goes.
    Im a bit miffed still as to why Adam Booth wasn't present in the post fight interview at ringside and why he never said a word to Eubank Jnr between rounds 1 and 2.
    Very strange if you ask me.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by smashup View Post
    O'Sullivan can bang and Eubank is a pretty static fighter and not hard to hit at all.
    Im a bit miffed still as to why Adam Booth wasn't present in the post fight interview at ringside and why he never said a word to Eubank Jnr between rounds 1 and 2.
    Tbf to Adam Booth, he has to listen to this deluded pair of idiots all day long, so he probably went back to the Changing rooms to get some ear drops out in.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by smashup View Post
    If O Sullivan can bang why did Matthew Hall go 12 rounds with him?

What has he done to make everyone think he is such a big puncher? Who is the fringe world fighter or journeyman that has never been stopped that O Sullivan had proven this power against?

To say Eubank is so static he got the decision against Saunders by one of the judges yet O Sullivan didnt win a round! He can be that easy to hit. Also, Eubank had Saunders hurt, O Sullivan and his big power didnt bother him?

The truth is O Sullivan will look like a nofding dog as his head gets banged around by Eubank. Hes going to look very basic.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Adam Booth didn't say anything in the corner because there was nothing to say. Jeter should have never been in the ring in the first place and everyone knew it.
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Spike had Billy Joe on the run for the entire fight and did win some rounds when he slowed down at the end. Not that dissimilar to the Billy Joe-Eubank Jr fight.

Jr should outclass Spike but it will be a tear-up whilst it lasts. Cracking match-up.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ross View Post

What has he done to make everyone think he is such a big puncher? Who is the fringe world fighter or journeyman that has never been stopped that O Sullivan had proven this power against?
    Matthew Hall smashed Bradley Pryce to bits inside two rounds. Eubank Jr couldn't put a dent in Bradley Pryce.

If Jr's got punching power how come he didn't KO Pryce?

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Fenster View Post

Matthew Hall smashed Bradley Pryce to bits inside two rounds. Eubank Jr couldn't put a dent in Bradley Pryce.

Where have I been saying Eubank is a big power puncher?

O Sullivan has people believing hes Gerald McLellan.....

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

the pryce that fought hall was the ambitious champion, the pryce that fought eubank was the experienced survival journeyman

that was halls best performance by far too

and i watched osulivan v hall and i thought osulivan was quite fortunate to win
    Officially the only saddo who has had a girlfriend

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Where have I been saying Eubank is a big power puncher?

O Sullivan has people believing hes Gerald McLellan.....

If you get hit with a punch which has 1,100 pounds of pressure behind it, I don't give a shit who you are, its going to hurt you.

Thread Information