Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Poll: Should Saddoboxing recognise The Ring champs as the real champs.

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Should "Saddoboxing" recognise The Ring champions as the real world champs?

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Should "Saddoboxing" recognise The Ring champions as the real world champs?

Quote Originally Posted by SalTheButcher
    Quote Originally Posted by porkypara
    The thing that really pisses me off about modern day boxing is that people dont think that zab judah is the real champ
    Quote Originally Posted by wacko3205
    I KNOW, HOW ARE PEOPLE SO BLIND?
    Quote Originally Posted by Froggystyle
    you people know your S***, judah is the best boxing related entity currentley in existance
    Quote Originally Posted by Unknowndonor
    FINALLY, something we can ALL agree on
    DAMN STRAIGHT GUYS
    Yeah, well my dad is rocky marciano, he fucked lowla ferrari, and on 11 January 1988, here I am!
    Remember the good old days, we miss you Marco!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Should "Saddoboxing" recognise The Ring champions as the real world champs?

I think we should have our own champions! Make a Saddoboxing Champions thread and post picture of each champion and their weight class. Take a poll each month of selected Saddo members as to who should be the Saddoboxing Champion.
    You must be the change you want to see in the world. --Mahatma Gandhi

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TyBuff
    I think we should have our own champions! Make a Saddoboxing Champions thread and post picture of each champion and their weight class. Take a poll each month of selected Saddo members as to who should be the Saddoboxing Champion.
    we shud do a 1 time thing, and then whoever beats the champs is then the champs

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by SalTheButcher
    Quote Originally Posted by TyBuff
    we shud do a 1 time thing, and then whoever beats the champs is then the champs
    That is what I should have said (oops ) . I started typing it and starting thinking about the alphabelts and then just typed out an alphabelt way of doing champions. I must be tired

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by AC-Cobra
    In conclusion: Ring Good, Alphabet Paper Titles Bad
    Three words...American Boxing Tournament.

The alphabet organizations (with the exception of the IBF and the WBA who fixed Everett/Escalera), are only allegedly corrupt, The Ring, on the other hand, has been proven corrupt.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Britkid
    Quote Originally Posted by AC-Cobra
    In conclusion: Ring Good, Alphabet Paper Titles Bad
    Three words...American Boxing Tournament.

The alphabet organizations (with the exception of the IBF and the WBA who fixed Everett/Escalera), are only allegedly corrupt, The Ring, on the other hand, has been proven corrupt.
    Britkid,you always harp on about what happened in the past over 20 years ago,but what about now?

Boxing is going down the drain and if we the fans dont do something then it is as good as dead.

The Ring champions system is not perfect but it is better than the caohs we now have in boxing with 4 so called world champs.

If you have a better idea I would like to hear it.
    Balls

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

clue me in britkid...how is the Ring corrupt?
    Most bad government has grown out of too much government. Thomas Jefferson

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by VanChilds
    clue me in britkid...how is the Ring corrupt?
    The Ring and Don King falsified fighters records and placed them in 'The Rings' ratings, for a tournament they run on ABC TV.

ABC exposed the fraud, and cancelled the tournament.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Create a Union for fighters, and get the Union to sponsor a World Champion for each weight division.

Intially get the boxing press to give their top 10's for each division. From this information have the top 8 fighters participate in a tournament to create a World Champion.

Then Publish a top 10 every quarter, rating the top 25 for each division, from the Press. The Champion must then make two defences in any 18 month period against a top 15 fighter, one of which must be the #1 contender, who's #1 rating will remain in place unless he loses a fight before gaining a World Championship fight.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Create a Union for fighters, and get the Union to sponsor a World Champion for each weight division.

Intially get the boxing press to give their top 10's for each division. From this information have the top 8 fighters participate in a tournament to create a World Champion.

Then Publish a top 10 every quarter, rating the top 25 for each division, from the Press. The Champion must then make two defences in any 18 month period against a top 15 fighter, one of which must be the #1 contender, who's #1 rating will remain in place unless he loses a fight before gaining a World Championship fight.
    I'd go with that. The US government was going to impose their own commision for fights in the US, to eliminate drug{steroids} problems, and contraversial decisions, but hasn't yet. I can't say if it would be good or not. But, I do agree that there should be one universal sanctioning body. If that was to happen, then fighters would be forced to work their way up, but it may take years, and certain fighters may pass their prime. I'd be happy with two sanctioning bodies, that constantly had a unification as a mandatory. That would give more fighters a chance, but limit non-deserving fighters from getting a title shot.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Unknowndonor
    The US government was going to impose their own commision for fights in the US, to eliminate drug{steroids} problems, and contraversial decisions, but hasn't yet. I can't say if it would be good or not.
    You think that boxing is corrupt now, just get the US government involved. At least right now you can usually see the corruption. The government has been hiding corruption for decades and longer. Not to sound like a conspiracy theorist, but I would trust the majority of the government as fas I could throw it.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

brit kid which fighter's records did King and The Ring falsify?
    Most bad government has grown out of too much government. Thomas Jefferson

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'm with Britkid, why accept some yanks view on things, we could equally argue that we follow the ratings in Boxing Monthly a fine Britsh publication.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by VanChilds
    brit kid which fighter's records did King and The Ring falsify?
    Read "Only in America; the life and crimes of Don King", it goes into detail as to what happened, and to whom.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Who would creat a union...........Don king,Frank Waren,Bob Arum,FBU,TUC,ITV,Arther Scargel.?

Which press would print the top 25....The Sun,The Mirror,The New Statesman,Combat & Survivel,The beano,The Dandy.?

There are a lot of big holes in your plan.?
    Balls

Thread Information