Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Liam Smith wont fight Mosley on the 19th...

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Liam Smith wont fight Mosley on the 19th...

Exclusive: Gallagher says Smith v Mosley needs to headline Anfield or Echo Arena in 2016 | World Boxing News

Gallagher see's it as an echo area headline bill or anfield card which I agree with. Especially with Mathews on the bill now, it makes no sense having two massive Liverpool fighters fighting in Manchester. I was at the MEN at put it this way, the Manchester following weren't too happy at are supporting of Liam Smith. It resulted in us having to leave early and not see Flannigans fight.

I think Smith will have an easier defence now.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Liam Smith wont fight Mosley on the 19th...

I'm a "world" champion but need to call out geriatrics to get some publicity/headline a card. Pathetic.
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Fenster View Post
    I'm a "world" champion but need to call out geriatrics to get some publicity/headline a card. Pathetic.
    I just don't see how it makes sense how they have two Liverpool fighters fighting for world titles in Manchester...It just doesn't make sense.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Tam Seddon View Post
    Exclusive: Gallagher says Smith v Mosley needs to headline Anfield or Echo Arena in 2016 | World Boxing News

Gallagher see's it as an echo area headline bill or anfield card which I agree with. Especially with Mathews on the bill now, it makes no sense having two massive Liverpool fighters fighting in Manchester. I was at the MEN at put it this way, the Manchester following weren't too happy at are supporting of Liam Smith. It resulted in us having to leave early and not see Flannigans fight.

"An Anfield Fight!" Really? how the fuck would this be a Stadium Fight? the World's gone mad!!!

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Primo Carnera View Post

"An Anfield Fight!" Really? how the fuck would this be a Stadium Fight? the World's gone mad!!!

There are loads of Liverpool fighters and big British names and collectively between them they fill Anfield...But I do think the Echo is more logical as Anfield is going to be even bigger soon

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

There are loads of Liverpool fighters and big British names and collectively between them they fill Anfield...But I do think the Echo is more logical as Anfield is going to be even bigger soon
    yeah, but most of those Liverpool fighters are with Matchroom and Liam Smith is with Frank Warren I think. Even if they were all on the bill, it's still not a Stadium card. Also , realistically stadium fights in this country are only do-able in June, July, August and September.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

yeah, but most of those Liverpool fighters are with Matchroom and Liam Smith is with Frank Warren I think. Even if they were all on the bill, it's still not a Stadium card. Also , realistically stadium fights in this country are only do-able in June, July, August and September.

That's why I did say the Echo is more logical and it would require bigger British names to fill Anfield if it was at all possible. Mosley said hes got a 147 fight early 2016 anyway so doubt he would fight at 154 till the summer.

Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Shane is shot and old and should not be fighting and embarrassing himself.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I just don't see how it makes sense how they have two Liverpool fighters fighting for world titles in Manchester...It just doesn't make sense.
    What's the difference? Aren't you all Englishmen and all live in London and drink tea while watching 007 movies?

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Hulk View Post
    What's the difference? Aren't you all Englishmen and all live in London and drink tea while watching 007 movies?
    Been on the green tea myself recently, and some strawberry tea...not too bad. As for 007 ... That's not for me. London...I was born there but live near Liverpool now, my dad lives near London so go there a bit. Liverpool is better

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Thread Information