Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by SlimTrae View Post
    LOL! Some say a way to a man's heart is his stomach, I say naw, it's his dick. HOWEVER, Women luuvvvv a man that cook more than hamburgers and so-called signature spaghetti.

Baby girl a year back told me that- anybody can make spaghetti, but damn baby you got it goin on in the kitchen.

After making some chicken and dressing for this one special lady ( I think [dressing]iscalled stuffing in European-American homes )

Panties were mine...she knew, I knew it.
    Roasted pork loin works well, too.

Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Loin to loin

El Kabong Guest

Default Re: Cooking

I don't understand how you can be a self respecting adult if you can't cook. Cooking is essential! It speaks of where you're from and tells of where you're going! It shows what you place value in and on.

I learned from my mother and my grandmother how to cook simple dishes and cost effective dishes. I learned in my time working at an authentic Mexican restaurant a few things from a different culture. I have learned to be open minded when it comes to food and I quite enjoy cooking for people and sharing rather than just cooking for myself.

Cooking and the inability of the youngsters these days to do it and even their disdain of LEARNING to cook irritates me....yeah I fucking despise the youth of today.

Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by El Kabong View Post
    I don't understand how you can be a self respecting adult if you can't cook. Cooking is essential! It speaks of where you're from and tells of where you're going! It shows what you place value in and on.

I learned from my mother and my grandmother how to cook simple dishes and cost effective dishes. I learned in my time working at an authentic Mexican restaurant a few things from a different culture. I have learned to be open minded when it comes to food and I quite enjoy cooking for people and sharing rather than just cooking for myself.

Cooking and the inability of the youngsters these days to do it and even their disdain of LEARNING to cook irritates me....yeah I fucking despise the youth of today.
    This is my third agreement with Lyle in one day damn maybe I should play the lottery it looks like some strange stuff is about to happen. All Lyle has to say now is that he saw and Alex Jones video that he agreed with 1% and the sky will probably fall in let's also keep in mind that this Friday is Friday the 13th

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I've never cooked but I do do barbeque quite alot. I don't think barbeque really counts as cooking, does it? It's just something you do while you're drinking outside to give you something to eat when you're pissed. I learnt almost everything I know about barbeque cooking from some bloke called Meathead on the internet. He knows his shit.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by walrus View Post
    I used to subscribe to food and wine magazine. I would follow their gourmet recipes which would often leave me with twelve dirty pots and pans to clean but Damon I made some incredible stuff. I'd have to get top notch ingredients, some of which is hard to find, like truffles, and very expensive, but holy cow, what good food I put together. There would be layers of flavor. One recipe called for champagne vinegar which I thought couldn't be that much different than other vineyard but it was an animal unto itself. You need time and patience to cook gourmet but goodness it is worth it.
    If you're not eating your truffles less than forty eight hours after they come out of the ground then you're just eating expensive mushrooms.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Kirkland Laing View Post
    I've never cooked but I do do barbeque quite alot. I don't think barbeque really counts as cooking, does it? It's just something you do while you're drinking outside to give you something to eat when you're pissed. I learnt almost everything I know about barbeque cooking from some bloke called Meathead on the internet. He knows his shit.
    You are putting flame and spice to dead delicious farm animal that would otherwise make you very ill or kill you. That's my friend is cooking. Key is to make the sides first with the bbq as the drink increases. We would get the point where it took too long to prepare them and just end up with a huge tray of meat on the table, and a napkin or two. A fookin massive and mixed bbq Caligula. You want sides? Pour more hot sauce or mustard to put on it, there's your side

Mentioned
    391 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Lyle made a good point about cooking, everybody should be able to cook my wife says I am
    a good cook but I make a mess, come on it's not hard to cook.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

You can only cook if you have the time though and when people start work early and come home late as many do, then you are just never going to have time. An hour long lunch break is enough time to go to the canteen and back to the desk and home after rush hour traffic means the last thing tired people want to do is cook. I don't blame some people for not having great cooking skills as they generally have skills in other places and have people cooking for them instead. I am a better cook than my wife, but it is only because I am less busy. Even on my busy days the best I can do is finish a 7 hour shift and heat up a tin of soup and slice up some bread. It is nothing to do with a lack of character, but is rather one of the symptoms of contemporary capitalism. Ideally people could stay home and cook and be with loved ones, but it's just not going to happen short of a revolution. I see union rights are next to go. Jump, jump, jump higher and fall a long way if you cannot keep up. Be thankful for a rasher of bacon, ye peasants.
    Last edited by Gandalf; 11-10-2015 at 04:09 PM. Reason: bacon: oink, oink

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

That's a cop out Miles and lazy on your part. It doesn't take forever to cook from scratch. To follow some wankers recipe in a cook book yeah that takes a bit of time. Cooking regular food from scratch isn't a big deal and not something you need to spend hours on. Pull your finger out and stop eating tinned soup. It's packed with sugar.
    When God said to the both of us "Which one of you wants to be Sugar Ray?" I guess I didnt raise my hand fast enough

Charley Burley

El Kabong Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Gandalf View Post
    You can only cook if you have the time though and when people start work early and come home late as many do, then you are just never going to have time. An hour long lunch break is enough time to go to the canteen and back to the desk and home after rush hour traffic means the last thing tired people want to do is cook. I don't blame some people for not having great cooking skills as they generally have skills in other places and have people cooking for them instead. I am a better cook than my wife, but it is only because I am less busy. Even on my busy days the best I can do is finish a 7 hour shift and heat up a tin of soup and slice up some bread. It is nothing to do with a lack of character, but is rather one of the symptoms of contemporary capitalism. Ideally people could stay home and cook and be with loved ones, but it's just not going to happen short of a revolution. I see union rights are next to go. Jump, jump, jump higher and fall a long way if you cannot keep up. Be thankful for a rasher of bacon, ye peasants.
    That right there is why miles' posting reminds me of Akaky Akakievich the protagonist in Nikolai Gogol's "The Overcoat"/"The Cloak"

.......miles, I of course mean this not to poke fun of you, but just that is what you remind me of.

Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I will come to the assistance of my fellow English teacher. Cooking--- the best cooking is not the four hour preparation time and some snobby French Restaurant tradition. The best cooking of all is a peasant style cooking. I can prepare a dish and cook it all within half an hour I am talking about getting the ingredients together preparing the dish then cooking it all within 30 minutes or so for most of the most delicious dishes you can eat.. if you need more time for example if it is a large roast a large duck or a goose or something of this nature then you don't need to watch the damn thing you put it in the oven and you let it roast for 2 or 3 or 4 hours while you are correcting in your exams or essays or preparing your lessons it takes very little supervision and no work at all. The best cooking on earth is the simplest cooking and requires usually in 90% of the cases in my opinion the least amount of prep time and/or cooking time. It is not a matter of time. Unless one is trying to cook some kind of crazy ass complicated 25 step snobby French recipe. & I don't know who the hell would really want to do that more than once a year anyway

Last night I made a northern Indian curried pumpkin with basmati rice in under 25 minutes
    Last edited by brocktonblockbust; 11-11-2015 at 01:21 AM.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I am a better cook than my wife, but it is only because I am less busy.
    You know that buying a bottle of Smirnoff doesn't count as cooking, right? Even if you use Bitcoins.

Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

You know that buying a bottle of Smirnoff doesn't count as cooking, right? Even if you use Bitcoins.
    Now that is a bunch of Wolverhampton b******* just the same

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by brocktonblockbust View Post
    Now that is a bunch of Wolverhampton b******* just the same
    What?

Thread Information