Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Previously...on LOST!

Even most of series 6 was pointless, they simply answered the last few episodes.

Nothing really makes sense still, there are so many things that stand out from any explanation. For every solid theory, there are many things that simply don't fit in with that answer.

There was so much that was simply pointless, why in purgatory (alt world) did Jack have a kid with the doc women?

Why did all of those guys have to wait for each other? Including Jacks dad who wasn't even on the plane? If it is purgatory, how can people like Sawyer, Kate and Sayid go to heaven when they were all horrible cunts in their real life.

The whole alt timeline thing just fucked it up, they started something they couldn't finish and it just doesn't make sense

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Jack had a kid with Juliet because although they were all still bound together, the influence that Jacob had had on their lives from a very early age was gone, you're familiar with 'the butterfly affect' yes?

A fair bit of the science of the alt dimensions and godly powers inside the earth/history of the civilizations that built the temples (Jacob enchanting the water etc) were left unexplained but the over all purpose of the characters journey was made clear and was resolved.

I could get all geeky because I didn't get some psuedo physics lecture explaining about the forces within the cork etc but for me Lost became more about the Characters... that's what makes any good story and I was satisfied with the closure that they all got.

Locke was vindicated, his faith in fate and purpose was right all along

Ben was almost redeemed and found what he was looking for, in both worlds

Sawyer got 'duh hell off of dis island' ...and of course found hapiness in sideways world

Jack accepted his situation and stepped up to the job also saving his friends and allowing them to escape. Always a leader he was actually able to lead them somewhere

Richard was able to age and let go of his fear of death and punishment

etc etc bla bla bla

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by johnmaff36 View Post
    1. What was the story with the polar bears??
    It was more or less explained...
    The Dharma initiative knew that the island had a lot of scientifically strange properties and were using the island to conduct various experiments.

One of them involved Polar Bears... You remember when Kate and Sawyer got locked in those cages in Season 3? In the old Dharma facility? They were polar bear cages.

What exactly the experiment was was never really expanded upon... but did it need to be? The whole entire Dharma initiative ended up being nothing more than a bunch of hippy scientists from the 50s-70s performing some pretty far out experiments (as hippy scientists did in the 50s and 70s). Really Dharma was pretty inconsequential.

The hatch for example... was just a Dharma experiment to see what would happen if you isolated and terrified somebody... they could have easily automated the button to vent the electromagnetic energy (that they accidental released, which we found out was from when they drilled to deep... much like the ancient wells were an attempt at in season 6, they difference is that Dharma had giant drills etc... not pick axes)

Why did they choose those numbers for the console? Who knows... was it something to do with Chaos theory, that might explain why after hearing them being recited by a crazy sailor, hurley put them on the lottery which eventually put him onto flight 815.

Clearly the hand of god/fate was at work, I'm almost glad that whilst a basic outline has been made a lot of the finer details are still open to some speculation... thats what proper fans of the show enjoyed and got passionate about.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I agree completley. Great knowledge and passion on Lost, I love it and have watched every mintute intently.

Which is why I'm more disapointed they took the easy way out. They just dropped the last bits together so quick really, the Jack being the top candidate in an instant, killing Lock, island sinking, then Hurley and Ben run island, then cut to end, everyone is now dead at the gates to heaven.

Done. Didn't seem like much thought or effort had gone into it. Compared to say the recent episode where we saw Richards story.

If they all got what they wanted, why did they all pair up win someone from the island, people they had not even met before the plane crashes. Sayid not with his wife, Sawyers settles without Kate etc, too convinient. Too easy.

So their purgatory was a made up world where they lived their entire lives then bumped into each other and realised it was time to die as they were now dead in a real world. So off they went. That world was just created when one of them died and off it went until such time as they all died, then they woke up and that world stops.

Is that right?

So that's that part. Then there is the actual island itself, still pretty much what the
    fuck? All the freaky stuff that went on there. Plus the time travel scienist man, his mum seemed like she was well aware of what was going on at all times and was against desmond rounding them up. Why?

Maybe they were going back to the island?

Maybe I'm still lost and think they need another episode to have closure.

Thread Information