Boxing Forums


.



User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 16 to 27 of 27

Thread: Cotto stripped

Share/Bookmark
  1. #16
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Delaware
    Posts
    6,763
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    1050
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Cotto stripped

    Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    Cotto is a natural 147-pounder, slightly smallish for 154... and definitely not suited for 160.
    Canelo is a natural 160-pounder, who dehydrates to make 155, but could easily fight at 168.

    Cotto or Roach never said they'd never fight GGG.
    Canelo and Oscar said various things:

    1. Canelo would fight GGG "someday".
    2. Canelo wouldn't fight GGG at 160. It would have to be at 155.
    3. They would let the fight "marinate" (whatever the f*ck that means).


    Yet Cotto is the one that catches hell for ducking GGG.

    Sounds like sound logic to me.


    I like my side of the argument.
    Here's the problem with your argument, @TitoFan - Cotto fought Martinez at 159 and Geale at 157. If so, why not fight GGG at 160, or even 159, like Martinez. The only reason not to do so is to avoid him. With Canelo, as far as I'm aware, he's never fought above 155. So, he would be moving up in weight 5 pounds to face GGG. That's a better excuse than Cotto's.

  2. #17
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    12,348
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    1703
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Cotto stripped

    The WBC tried to shake him down for an extra 800k and he told them to go and fuck themselves. I think he's going to get my avatar photograph just for that.

    Here's a scenario for you. Cotto and Canelo have the fight of the year. Cotto wins a controversial decision. It's nailed on for a rematch next Cinco.

    You don't think the WBC will be trying to rent them a belt for the rematch? They fucking will do. Holding grudges or having principles aren't things these people do, they get in the way of making money.

  3. #18
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    4,407
    Mentioned
    116 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    395
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Cotto stripped

    I think the wbc chose to do this. They've allowed others to keep belt under similar instances.
    All's lost! Everything's going to shit!

  4. #19
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Paradise
    Posts
    21,939
    Mentioned
    473 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    1696
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Cotto stripped

    Quote Originally Posted by Rantcatrat View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    Cotto is a natural 147-pounder, slightly smallish for 154... and definitely not suited for 160.
    Canelo is a natural 160-pounder, who dehydrates to make 155, but could easily fight at 168.

    Cotto or Roach never said they'd never fight GGG.
    Canelo and Oscar said various things:

    1. Canelo would fight GGG "someday".
    2. Canelo wouldn't fight GGG at 160. It would have to be at 155.
    3. They would let the fight "marinate" (whatever the f*ck that means).


    Yet Cotto is the one that catches hell for ducking GGG.

    Sounds like sound logic to me.


    I like my side of the argument.
    Here's the problem with your argument, @TitoFan - Cotto fought Martinez at 159 and Geale at 157. If so, why not fight GGG at 160, or even 159, like Martinez. The only reason not to do so is to avoid him. With Canelo, as far as I'm aware, he's never fought above 155. So, he would be moving up in weight 5 pounds to face GGG. That's a better excuse than Cotto's.


    With all due respect, @Rantcatrat ........ really?

    The CW for Geale was 158. Geale came in at 157 (could've come in a pound heavier, but people like to sledgehammer Cotto about he made Geale almost kill himself dropping 3 pounds). Cotto came in at 153.6, under the JMW limit! For Martinez, the CW was 159. Cotto came in at 155. He's never weighed in at 159. Canelo, on the other hand, typically rehydrates into the middle 170's.

    If anybody is suited for GGG, it's Canelo.
    But we've already heard all the excuses, and the Cotto fight hasn't even happened yet.

  5. #20
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    57,967
    Mentioned
    1513 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    2751
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Cotto stripped

    So Cotto did not pay, WBC stripped him but as Canelo did pay and if he wins he gets the title. Scum bags and corrupt.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

  6. #21
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    18,672
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    0
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Cotto stripped

    Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    Cotto is a natural 147-pounder, slightly smallish for 154... and definitely not suited for 160.
    Canelo is a natural 160-pounder, who dehydrates to make 155, but could easily fight at 168.

    Cotto or Roach never said they'd never fight GGG.
    Canelo and Oscar said various things:

    1. Canelo would fight GGG "someday".
    2. Canelo wouldn't fight GGG at 160. It would have to be at 155.
    3. They would let the fight "marinate" (whatever the f*ck that means).


    Yet Cotto is the one that catches hell for ducking GGG.

    Sounds like sound logic to me.


    I like my side of the argument.
    They just paid step-aside money not to fight him.

  7. #22
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Up in the attic
    Posts
    26,460
    Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    3905
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Cotto stripped

    Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    So Cotto did not pay, WBC stripped him but as Canelo did pay and if he wins he gets the title. Scum bags and corrupt.
    I think Canelo will make Cotto quit before 9 rounds anyway.
    Hidden Content " border="0" />

    I can explain it.
    But I cant understand it for you.

  8. #23
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Paradise
    Posts
    21,939
    Mentioned
    473 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    1696
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Cotto stripped

    Quote Originally Posted by Violent Demise View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    Cotto is a natural 147-pounder, slightly smallish for 154... and definitely not suited for 160.
    Canelo is a natural 160-pounder, who dehydrates to make 155, but could easily fight at 168.

    Cotto or Roach never said they'd never fight GGG.
    Canelo and Oscar said various things:

    1. Canelo would fight GGG "someday".
    2. Canelo wouldn't fight GGG at 160. It would have to be at 155.
    3. They would let the fight "marinate" (whatever the f*ck that means).


    Yet Cotto is the one that catches hell for ducking GGG.

    Sounds like sound logic to me.


    I like my side of the argument.
    They just paid step-aside money not to fight him.

    Cotto-Canelo had to happen, did it not?
    Had Cotto had to fight GGG first, he surely would've lost.... and no Cotto-Canelo.

    You should be happy, instead of complaining.

  9. #24
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    10,349
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    1134
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Cotto stripped

    Miguel Cotto: Ask Oscar De La Hoya to give $1.1 million to the WBC and wait

    He paid $800000 not to fight Gennady but he wont pay $300000 to be a champion.

    The fuck is he then?
    Hidden Content
    Original & Best: The Sugar Man

  10. #25
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    None of your buisness.
    Posts
    7,691
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    1521
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Cotto stripped

    Smart buisness man. Everyone knows these belts are just bargaining chips. Fans know who the best fighters are we don't need a fucking belt to prove it. This shit is just straight up extortion.

  11. #26
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    The Edge Of Nowhere
    Posts
    22,758
    Mentioned
    843 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    1079
    Cool Clicks

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by No Contest View Post
    Smart buisness man. Everyone knows these belts are just bargaining chips. Fans know who the best fighters are we don't need a fucking belt to prove it. This shit is just straight up extortion.
    You are right you don't need a belt to prove it but you need to fight. Neither of them are willing to fight a middleweight at middleweight, and yes holding a belt and and the lineal title hostage by outright refusing to fight for it is extortion. It's using it to gain leverage and authenticity and to maximise the amount of people willing to pay for the fight. Why wait till just two days before the fight to decide you are going suddenly to become Mr honourable if it is anything else?

    Cotto is no better than the WBC. He is embarrassing himself.

  12. #27
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    None of your buisness.
    Posts
    7,691
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    1521
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Cotto stripped

    Quote Originally Posted by Greenbeanz View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by No Contest View Post
    Smart buisness man. Everyone knows these belts are just bargaining chips. Fans know who the best fighters are we don't need a fucking belt to prove it. This shit is just straight up extortion.
    You are right you don't need a belt to prove it but you need to fight. Neither of them are willing to fight a middleweight at middleweight, and yes holding a belt and and the lineal title hostage by outright refusing to fight for it is extortion. It's using it to gain leverage and authenticity and to maximise the amount of people willing to pay for the fight. Why wait till just two days before the fight to decide you are going suddenly to become Mr honourable if it is anything else?

    Cotto is no better than the WBC. He is embarrassing himself.
    I see what you did there. The whole pay your way to higher ranking thing is laughable. I need to know what the purse is for both guys and what percentage they are trying to pinch. They could just create a new belt, say perhaps the bronze WBC champ for those on a limited budget.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

     

Similar Threads

  1. Froch stripped of his WBA belt
    By Tam Seddon in forum Boxing Talk
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 05-10-2015, 03:08 PM
  2. Adonis Stevenson should be stripped!
    By ykdadamaja in forum Boxing Talk
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 04-04-2015, 10:50 PM
  3. Why was Jamie Mcdonell stripped?
    By IamInuit in forum Boxing Talk
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10-18-2013, 08:10 PM
  4. Will wlad be stripped of his titles
    By erics44 in forum Boxing Talk
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 03-24-2011, 07:54 PM
  5. Casamayor stripped by WBC!
    By smashup in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 02-22-2007, 07:56 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  





Boxing | Boxing Photos | Boxing News | Boxing Videos | Boxing Forum | Boxing Books | Boxing Posters | Learn to Box | Advanced Fighting Methods | Boxing Rankings | Boxing Schedule | Auctions | Fun and Games | Boxing Equipment

Copyright © 2000 - 2019 Saddo Boxing - Boxing