Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Anthony Joshuas weight increase

He's 26 yrs, he might put on another 20 before he reaches 30 yrs. Are you laying the ground work for an excuse when Joshua planks Fury?

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

He may have started a mass building regiment 2 years ago. Its easy to hand pick guys that may be juicing but in reality I'd say most of the boxing world is cheating so I'm not sure roid allegations or inference should be taken all that seriously. I mean if everyone is doing it then whats the benefit of pointing out a possible user? The sport does not take it seriously cause if they did we'd have random testing as the norm not the exception.

Wach just pissed hot again lol. From the B sample post Povetkin. He just does not look like a juicer but now he's been busted twice.

Holyfield had no issues making 190(old cruiser limit) and jumped from 190 against Deleon to 210 against Thomas in 8 months and then. Roids? To us it may seem like a lot because I had never heard of Holy having weight issues and have no idea if Joshua ever did in his amateur days. It could be that although they never struggled per-say, they did deprive natural growth. I doubt either man stunted that growth by staying shallow weight wise for a few years.

Another thing to consider is the kind of supplements and science around today that are legal which contribute to weight gain more then any time before it really. Also, how much is water whether he looks muscled out or not?

I have not seen any recent study but it would be interesting to see what a valid paper says on the topic. How much protein etc etc can be processed by the body and added on to muscle mass naturally? Is it physically possible to put on x amount of muscle mass through diet and nutrition?

Mentioned
    944 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Ross you sound like a T.Rex in with an orangutan. You are reaching. So he a British heavyweight who is not Fury and you think that nooby boxing fans are all missing something that only you in your all knowing wisdom have noticed. The failure to go many rounds because he is flattening everyone is not a flaw. I am sure He also trains for stamina but apparently you can tell he will run out of it despite no evidence of that happening. Anything else we don't know?

Mentioned
    229 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

regardless of weather he is taking anything or not I think the question of how his body will cope with the later rounds of a fight is a far more interesting one.

Yes he will train for it but he won't be doing 12 rounds with someone who is trying to push him to his very limits, that is something that he won't be able to train for, there are no signs of stamina issues at the moment but then the dude has barely had to get himself out of bed for all of the fights he's had so far.

I like AJ and I wan't to see him do well (I hate how he is skys poster boy though) but I want to see him seriously struggle in the later rounds just to see if he can come through it or not

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by beenKOed View Post
    He's 26 yrs, he might put on another 20 before he reaches 30 yrs. Are you laying the ground work for an excuse when Joshua planks Fury?
    This could be the reason.

Tyson should not be nervous of anyone after beating Wlad but I think he wants to retire before meeting any of the punchers.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Ross you're talking about possibilities like they're hard facts. Joshua may well struggle later in a fight due to his size and composition, we just don't know. You're not the first to suggest it and it's not something new or exciting to do so.

The comparison with Bruno is there and always has been, physically they are like two peas in a pod. I do think Joshua is more fluid than Bruno though. Bruno later in his career looked like he was carved out of mahogany, in his earlier days he was still very big, but not as ridged. Take a look at his fight with Jumbo Cummings, he fought hard into the 7th or 8th round I think, still punching hard and that was after having to be sack trucked back to his corner at the end of the 2nd. Whilst he was no Kenyan marathon runner, his stamina looked alright in that fight.

I think Whyte is just the man to test Joshua in every way we want him tested. I think he'll stand up to Joshua's punches well and force him to fight into the second half of the fight. I cant wait to see how it pans out.
    When God said to the both of us "Which one of you wants to be Sugar Ray?" I guess I didnt raise my hand fast enough

Charley Burley

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by IamInuit View Post
    He may have started a mass building regiment 2 years ago. Its easy to hand pick guys that may be juicing but in reality I'd say most of the boxing world is cheating so I'm not sure roid allegations or inference should be taken all that seriously. I mean if everyone is doing it then whats the benefit of pointing out a possible user? The sport does not take it seriously cause if they did we'd have random testing as the norm not the exception.

Wach just pissed hot again lol. From the B sample post Povetkin. He just does not look like a juicer but now he's been busted twice.

Holyfield had no issues making 190(old cruiser limit) and jumped from 190 against Deleon to 210 against Thomas in 8 months and then. Roids? To us it may seem like a lot because I had never heard of Holy having weight issues and have no idea if Joshua ever did in his amateur days. It could be that although they never struggled per-say, they did deprive natural growth. I doubt either man stunted that growth by staying shallow weight wise for a few years.

Another thing to consider is the kind of supplements and science around today that are legal which contribute to weight gain more then any time before it really. Also, how much is water whether he looks muscled out or not?

I have not seen any recent study but it would be interesting to see what a valid paper says on the topic. How much protein etc etc can be processed by the body and added on to muscle mass naturally? Is it physically possible to put on x amount of muscle mass through diet and nutrition?
    He was a super heavy which had no upper limit. He didnt have to make any weight. You also dont have a growth spurt in your mid twenties

His trainng would be more detrimental to building muscle now than before as hes supposed to be training for longer fights.

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

must be a roider
    Officially the only saddo who has had a girlfriend

Mentioned
    447 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

"Must be snorting what he is selling"

Hidden Content " border="0" />

I can explain it.
    But I cant understand it for you.

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

DRIVEN perhaps by a simple lack of knowledge or even more sinister motivations, a growing number of people are perpetuating rumours regarding Anthony Joshua’s impressive physique, several inferring that it has not been achieved naturally. These frequenters of forums and social media platforms have at least been given something to think about by Mark Ellison who, as Joshua’s nutritionist and a long-time friend of the Comonwealth heavyweight champion – who meets arch-rival Dillian Whyte this Saturday – has genuine insight into Anthony’s level of discipine. Presented with the slurs regarding Joshua’s body, Ellison defended the practises of the boxer and his team.
    “I’ve been working with Josh since 2010 and this guy is a real athlete,” Ellison told Boxing News. “He’s done decent times on the track and fancies himself as a bit of a footballer in the past, before boxing. I hear people talking about how his body has changed since he turned pro but we’ve got stats on body composition and nothing major has changed, plus he’s a man now. If you look at his S&C work you’ll see much of it is speed, power and agility-based; you don’t often see this guy lifting heavy weights.”
    Ellison works with Joshua regularly and yet is still constantly astounded by the heavyweight’s dedication and commitment.
    “Anyone should spend a day in his shoes,” remarked the nutritionist for the GB amateur squad and Manchester United FC. “I’ve worked with a lot of top athletes but the effort he puts in, not only in training but his sleep, recovery, nutrition and lifestyle – it never fails to impress me. I’m amazed at the professionalism from him.
    “As amateurs , when everyone would leave the gym, Luke Campbell, Anthony Ogogo and Josh would be there for hours, doing the ‘boring’ things not everyone thinks are important, things like the exercises for their hands the physios recommend, pre-hab stuff. You look at the physique of Josh, Luke, Carl Froch, all the athletes we work with and they are the same. We believe in clean sport and take our responsibilities to these athletes seriously, putting a lot of effort into the planning of a food-first approach to nutrition, with the few supplements we do use being rigorously tested.”

Nutritionist to Anthony Joshua responds to slurs regarding his physique - | Boxing News - boxing news, results, rankings, schedules since 1909

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

So, Joshua has weighed in at 245 Lbs. so he hasn't put "20 Lbs of Pure Muscle" on, he's a stone heavier than when he turned pro.
    is that Mysterious ? NO!
    does it mean he's on Steroids ? NO!
    Is it perfectly reasonable to put on a Stone and retain a good physique in 2 years of training like a professional sportsman? YES!
    Is Ross at this moment in time searching for another reason to discredit Joshua? YES!
    Ross, I've said it before , and I'll say it again......... dissing Fury's competitors doesn't make Fury a better fighter. The only thing that makes Fury a Better fighter is what Fury does in the ring.
    Fury did very well in his last fight , It's a start, he needs to continue with the improvement.

Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by erics44 View Post
    must be a roider

I hope not, but you never know.
    Remember reality is an illusion caused by a lack of alcohol .

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Primo Carnera View Post
    So, Joshua has weighed in at 245 Lbs. so he hasn't put "20 Lbs of Pure Muscle" on, he's a stone heavier than when he turned pro.
    is that Mysterious ? NO!
    does it mean he's on Steroids ? NO!
    Is it perfectly reasonable to put on a Stone and retain a good physique in 2 years of training like a professional sportsman? YES!
    Is Ross at this moment in time searching for another reason to discredit Joshua? YES!
    Ross, I've said it before , and I'll say it again......... dissing Fury's competitors doesn't make Fury a better fighter. The only thing that makes Fury a Better fighter is what Fury does in the ring.
    Fury did very well in his last fight , It's a start, he needs to continue with the improvement.
    I dont need to diss any one to make Fury a better fighter. Fury has just beaten the best fighter on the planet with ease and is head and shoulders above the rest

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by smashup View Post
    DRIVEN perhaps by a simple lack of knowledge or even more sinister motivations, a growing number of people are perpetuating rumours regarding Anthony Joshua’s impressive physique, several inferring that it has not been achieved naturally. These frequenters of forums and social media platforms have at least been given something to think about by Mark Ellison who, as Joshua’s nutritionist and a long-time friend of the Comonwealth heavyweight champion – who meets arch-rival Dillian Whyte this Saturday – has genuine insight into Anthony’s level of discipine. Presented with the slurs regarding Joshua’s body, Ellison defended the practises of the boxer and his team.
    “I’ve been working with Josh since 2010 and this guy is a real athlete,” Ellison told Boxing News. “He’s done decent times on the track and fancies himself as a bit of a footballer in the past, before boxing. I hear people talking about how his body has changed since he turned pro but we’ve got stats on body composition and nothing major has changed, plus he’s a man now. If you look at his S&C work you’ll see much of it is speed, power and agility-based; you don’t often see this guy lifting heavy weights.”
    Ellison works with Joshua regularly and yet is still constantly astounded by the heavyweight’s dedication and commitment.
    “Anyone should spend a day in his shoes,” remarked the nutritionist for the GB amateur squad and Manchester United FC. “I’ve worked with a lot of top athletes but the effort he puts in, not only in training but his sleep, recovery, nutrition and lifestyle – it never fails to impress me. I’m amazed at the professionalism from him.
    “As amateurs , when everyone would leave the gym, Luke Campbell, Anthony Ogogo and Josh would be there for hours, doing the ‘boring’ things not everyone thinks are important, things like the exercises for their hands the physios recommend, pre-hab stuff. You look at the physique of Josh, Luke, Carl Froch, all the athletes we work with and they are the same. We believe in clean sport and take our responsibilities to these athletes seriously, putting a lot of effort into the planning of a food-first approach to nutrition, with the few supplements we do use being rigorously tested.”

Nutritionist to Anthony Joshua responds to slurs regarding his physique - | Boxing News - boxing news, results, rankings, schedules since 1909
    Bullshit!

Every other video or picture of him trainng involves resistance excercises!

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ross View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by smashup View Post

Bullshit!

Every other video or picture of him trainng involves resistance excercises!

But it says heavy weights? It also says often.

One of the papers ran a story on him straight after the Cornish fight and had the sub heading along the lines of 'Joshua straight back in the gym doing his punishing heavy weights workout' The guy was clean and jerking about 50/60kg.
    When God said to the both of us "Which one of you wants to be Sugar Ray?" I guess I didnt raise my hand fast enough

Charley Burley

Thread Information