Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Thomas vs Gassiev vs Jay Nady and "diminished value"?

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Thomas vs Gassiev vs Jay Nady and "diminished value"?

There has been some screwy things in boxing and frankly I've never heard this term? Speaking realistically a fighter is diminished once he is stunned, dropped, cut, headbutted, has his nose busted, busts a knuckle, falls out of the ring or suffers any other type of damage. The entire ending was just very hasty and shady to me and smells bad. FF to about 10:10 for end of third.

I've watched it 10 times and believe that short of biased favoritism, Nady over reacted and went from 0 to 100 instantly with no other course of action, penalties and what appeared to be little if any actual assessment/conversation of the FIGHTER. The first shot was legal and obviously had Thomas hurt, the second was within a fraction late! I've seen guys get hurt in exact same manner and points taken with time granted to the opponent THEN the Dr. determines where he is at. At the very least you allow the full 60 seconds before pulling the plug. There was no "where are you" or Dr. taking central role in corner, no signs of Thomas being layed out or stuck on the stool in a daze. Immediately after it was waved Thomas was standing steady, taking water, spitting it and talking to his corner man and walking around ring? If you watch at 12:20 it was Nady going to corner between rounds and basically offering "if its diminished value, we can't do it". Who is he fookin Perry Mason? I'm not debating the NC under 4 rounds, or the second shot being barely late. But it was NOT the Dr. making the initial call or bringing Nady over between rounds. A cynic says Gassiev may have cracked the door open like a dummy, but Nady and Thomas ran through it. "Diminished value". I think that's a first for me. Better start playing checkers if you wanna keep it comfy and cozy ffs. Anyway, just loaded with coffee and time here
    http://youtu.be/3y3hRxcGz5k

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Thomas vs Gassiev vs Jay Nady and "diminished value"?

I think the best assessment is simply jay fuckin nady...

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

What a bull$hit decision. "diminished value" is some stop gap term they probably made up on the spot in boxing, for this type of fuckery Nady's using to cover his ass for not doing his job. How many time have you seen smoger stand crouched between two fighters after the 10 second warning and with the sound of the bell, stick his face and 3/4 of his body between the two fighters. Smoger even took to the chops once and laughed it off. Nady like twice smogers size and is a lazy sh*t.

Thomas' corner knew they had a basis of a complaint for a fraction of second after the bell and it was an easy out after their carriage turned back into a pumpkin with that shot and they had nady on the hook for it. It wasn't the bell that kept Thomas from defending himself, it was the first shot. Thomas was hearing bells after the first shot and probably couldn't pick the time keepers bell out anyway.
    They want your @$$ beat because upsets make news. News brings about excitement, excitement brings about ratings. The objective is to bring you up to the tower and tear your @$$ down. And if you don't believe that, you're crazy.

Roy Jones, Jr. "What I've Learned," Esquire 2003

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It all did seem rather quick. A let down for both guys and us watching.

Thread Information