Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1
Dislikes Dislikes:  2

Thread: Cecilia Braekhus- Better than Floyd, Rousey and the chick that beat Rousey!

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Cecilia Braekhus- Better than Floyd, Rousey and the chick that beat Rousey!

You wanna know something? You guys ain't shit, and here's why. We have an UNDEFEATED Female Champion in the name of Cecilia Braekhus, born in Columbia and moved to Norway (a place where professional boxing was BANNED up until 2007) when she was 2 years old. But, now, she is not only the unified women's champion at Welterweight; she is the FIRST female Norwegian world champion ever; FIRST EVER Norwegian world champion ever; the first female to unify all of the major world titles; and, of course, the first Norwegian to ever unify any title let alone all of them... IBF, WBO, WBC and WBA AND the IBO if you guys wanna bitch about it.

She fought for a vacant title only once in here career. But she has been beating champions most of her professional career.

Albeit she started in kickboxing, but only because professional boxing was banned in Norway.

But yet we talked about Rousey vs. Floyd. We should have been talking about Celia.... beating Floyd and Rousey on the same damn night!

You guys are pathetic!

I'm not putting up any links for you lousy louts. Do your flippin' GOOGLES!!!
    Bigger man George, bigger punch!

Subscribe: Free online Classifieds and Business directory!
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Cecilia Braekhus- Better than Floyd, Rousey and the chick that beat Rousey!

Nobody, with a brain, ever seriously talked about Rousey getting in the ring with Floyd!!!!!!!

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Cecilia Braekhus- Better than Floyd, Rousey and the chick that beat Rousey!

Quote Originally Posted by beenKOed View Post
    Nobody, with a brain, ever seriously talked about Rousey getting in the ring with Floyd!!!!!!!
    To talk about it in any degree and neglecting Braekhus is a shame in itself.

Hidden Content

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Link please and pictures.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Link please and pictures.
    NO!!

You know better!

Hidden Content

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

she fought a 45 year old mia st.john

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Braekhus suffers first pro defeat as McCaskill takes titles

Norwegian boxing trailblazer Cecilia Braekhus suffered the first defeat of her professional career on Saturday, losing her WBA, WBC, IBF and WBO welterweight titles in a majority decision loss to underdog Jessica McCaskill in Tulsa, Oklahoma.

With 36 wins and nine knockouts to her name, 38-year-old Braekhus has dominated boxing since turning pro in 2007. But McCaskill, a 33-year-old investment banker from Chicago who spent a period of homelessness as a child, poured on the punches to edge the victory.

Braekhus threw the cleaner, more accurate shots throughout, but the sheer volume of McCaskill's output gave her victory on the judges' scorecards after 10 gruelling rounds in a purpose-built ring in Tulsa.

"This is for the fourth-grade homeless Jessica. This is for the little girl that just didn't care what people thought about her and learned to love herself even though she was really weird," the newly crowned champion said.

Gracious in defeat, Braekhus hinted strongly that she may hang up her gloves after her unbeaten record was finally broken.

"I'm proud and happy to pass the torch to her (McCaskill). I have to say, I don't know what's going to happen right now, but I'm incredibly proud to be a part of women's boxing right now," she said.

"If this is my last fight, I can leave women's boxing and say I was a part of this. I was a part of taking women's boxing to this level and that will be my biggest achievement of all."

https://uk.sports.yahoo.com/news/bra...085738223.html

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Braekhus suffers first pro defeat as McCaskill takes titles

Norwegian boxing trailblazer Cecilia Braekhus suffered the first defeat of her professional career on Saturday, losing her WBA, WBC, IBF and WBO welterweight titles in a majority decision loss to underdog Jessica McCaskill in Tulsa, Oklahoma.

With 36 wins and nine knockouts to her name, 38-year-old Braekhus has dominated boxing since turning pro in 2007. But McCaskill, a 33-year-old investment banker from Chicago who spent a period of homelessness as a child, poured on the punches to edge the victory.

Braekhus threw the cleaner, more accurate shots throughout, but the sheer volume of McCaskill's output gave her victory on the judges' scorecards after 10 gruelling rounds in a purpose-built ring in Tulsa.

"This is for the fourth-grade homeless Jessica. This is for the little girl that just didn't care what people thought about her and learned to love herself even though she was really weird," the newly crowned champion said.

Gracious in defeat, Braekhus hinted strongly that she may hang up her gloves after her unbeaten record was finally broken.

"I'm proud and happy to pass the torch to her (McCaskill). I have to say, I don't know what's going to happen right now, but I'm incredibly proud to be a part of women's boxing right now," she said.

"If this is my last fight, I can leave women's boxing and say I was a part of this. I was a part of taking women's boxing to this level and that will be my biggest achievement of all."

https://uk.sports.yahoo.com/news/bra...085738223.html
    Well... she had a good run if she hangs them up.

Hidden Content

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Would that be the biggest upset to happen in women's boxing? Not really followed it all that much until lately.
    Guessing Katie Taylor will have another crack at McCaskill now she has all the titles.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

If she would have won, they would say she broke Joe Louis' record of successful title defences.

What bullshit that would have been. She isn't really a good fighter, and it's a nascent sport in its infancy. She was fighting people who were complete rubbish ... I've seen better women fighting outside the pub.

To talk about her surpassing Louis is truly ridiculous.
    If God wanted us to be vegetarians, why are animals made of meat ?

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

she gave away to many early rounds
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

Titofan:

The fact is GGG has fought at 160 for his entire career. Post #87, 5th August 2022
    Hidden Content

Also Titofan:

GGG weighed 163 for the Rolls fight. Post #91, 6th August 2022

Hidden Content

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Braekhus to fight McCaskill in 2021

Cecilia Braekhus, the former undisputed women’s welterweight champion, has chosen to activate her rematch clause with Jessica McCaskill and the two will meet in early 2021, Matchroom Sport announced.

McCaskill handed Braekhus her first defeat on Aug. 15 in Tulsa, Oklahoma, winning a split decision.

“It was the weakest performance in my whole career,” Braekhus said. “I still feel I won, or could have gotten a draw, and when I thought about that, I knew I could beat her in a rematch. I didn’t want to go out with a career-worst performance either. I definitely owe that to my fans. If this was a fight where I lost to a better fighter, had been in my best shape and had given it my all, then fine, I could retire, but that was not the case here. She gave her everything in the ring and I wanted to give her props for that. I knew what I was going through and what I was struggling with, for everyone this was just a tough time. But we need to meet again under different circumstances.”

Thread Information