Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    159 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Got the fight card for my fight in Malta Jan 22nd

Tam you are our saddo's official hero and mascot.
    good luck
    Remember reality is an illusion caused by a lack of alcohol .

Mentioned
    680 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Tam Seddon View Post
    All weighed in 11 stone 13, fighting tomororw night can't wait
    Damn tam, you look like brick shithouse you got this one.

Mentioned
    1672 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Tam, you look mean and moody.

Good luck and do your best.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The fight didn't happen unforntatley ! I didn't sleep before the fight because of some drunk neighbour and I was nervous for the fight because I had won in 3 fights. I felt the pressure and I ended up walking into the ring and I collapsed and had a fit. I've just got out of hospital now. I had 3 brain scans and drugs tests and I was fine. I'm so gutted this has happened

Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Take it steady mate. I know you're getting a lot out of this and the results of all your hard work are there to see. But your health comes first, take your time, don't set yourself a crazy schedule and if you get back in the ring make sure you're 100%.
    When God said to the both of us "Which one of you wants to be Sugar Ray?" I guess I didnt raise my hand fast enough

Charley Burley

Mentioned
    1672 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Tam look after yourself as that does not seem normal or healthy. Be careful and do not get into the ring until you know why it happened.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    392 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The fight didn't happen unforntatley ! I didn't sleep before the fight because of some drunk neighbour and I was nervous for the fight because I had won in 3 fights. I felt the pressure and I ended up walking into the ring and I collapsed and had a fit. I've just got out of hospital now. I had 3 brain scans and drugs tests and I was fine. I'm so gutted this has happened
    Forget about boxing mate make sure everything is okay.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

As above.

This is why I dont like these unlicenced, white collar, smoker set ups. No insurance and no fucks given for the fighters welfare. Just sell tickets!

Mentioned
    948 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Wishing you a speedy recovery Tam. Rich is right, nothing is more important than your health. Maybe concentrate on your writing and think about training others. Would your degree not let you become a personal fitness coach? Good money and probably allow you to stay around boxing.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Tam, just take it easy and take stock mate.have a break and see how things are. But the main thing is to be safe mate.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Glad you're ok bud. No harm in taking a step back and taking a long break. You gotta be there well beyond the time you spend in the ring, for yourself and for the friends and family who care about ya. Cheers.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'm all good now guys, I would have been concerned if something came up on the brain scans but they were all clear. I'm going to speak to my coach when I'm back and see what he thinks. It's hard to just give something up that I love doing, I've felt nervous before and got through it but the lack of sleep on top of that was too much. Working stupid night shifts has messed with my body clock so badly, I don't sleep so good anymore. I'm going to look into getting a day time job asap! I probably can't box for a bit after this has happened anyway , I landed badly on my shoulder and it's sore. I will be taking time off to let that heal, I'll be back to training at least when I can because I'll be back at heavyweight in no time if I don't lol

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'm all good now guys, I would have been concerned if something came up on the brain scans but they were all clear. I'm going to speak to my coach when I'm back and see what he thinks. It's hard to just give something up that I love doing, I've felt nervous before and got through it but the lack of sleep on top of that was too much. Working stupid night shifts has messed with my body clock so badly, I don't sleep so good anymore. I'm going to look into getting a day time job asap! I probably can't box for a bit after this has happened anyway , I landed badly on my shoulder and it's sore. I will be taking time off to let that heal, I'll be back to training at least when I can because I'll be back at heavyweight in no time if I don't lol
    Do yourself a favour and if you want to continue boxing, do it in the safety of the amateur ranks for a bit. Im not saying what happened is due to any injury but it should make you realise should you not have been able to work because of it there would be no insurance to pay for you. If this were an amateur fight there would be insurance to cover you and you arent just looked at as a piece of meat to sell tickets.

I should think your coach gains financially from you fighting in these things so maybe not the best person to talk to. Find a local amateur club and go and have a nose at their setup.

Good luck anyway.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ross View Post
    Do yourself a favour and if you want to continue boxing, do it in the safety of the amateur ranks for a bit. Im not saying what happened is due to any injury but it should make you realise should you not have been able to work because of it there would be no insurance to pay for you. If this were an amateur fight there would be insurance to cover you and you arent just looked at as a piece of meat to sell tickets.

I should think your coach gains financially from you fighting in these things so maybe not the best person to talk to. Find a local amateur club and go and have a nose at their setup.

Good luck anyway.

My coaches are ABA coaches though and I go through the unlicensed out of
    Choice. We are an ABA gym ! I was looked after well in this fight and didn't have to pay anything. It was a professional show at the end of the day. I didn't have to sell tickets for this and they paid for the flights, hotel and I was going to get a purse for the fight too ! I get paid for every away fight I box on. It's just the home ones I don't, but you do make money selling tickets

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ross View Post

Good luck anyway.

My coaches are ABA coaches though and I go through the unlicensed out of
    Choice. We are an ABA gym ! I was looked after well in this fight and didn't have to pay anything. It was a professional show at the end of the day. I didn't have to sell tickets for this and they paid for the flights, hotel and I was going to get a purse for the fight too ! I get paid for every away fight I box on. It's just the home ones I don't, but you do make money selling tickets
    You might call it professional because you get paid but it wont be sanctioned by any professional bodies. Its unlicenced and the fighters wont be insured. The only insurance they can get for these shows if they even bother is public liability for the crowd.

Thread Information