0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Got the fight card for my fight in Malta Jan 22nd

Quote Originally Posted by ross View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Tam Seddon View Post
    I'm all good now guys, I would have been concerned if something came up on the brain scans but they were all clear. I'm going to speak to my coach when I'm back and see what he thinks. It's hard to just give something up that I love doing, I've felt nervous before and got through it but the lack of sleep on top of that was too much. Working stupid night shifts has messed with my body clock so badly, I don't sleep so good anymore. I'm going to look into getting a day time job asap! I probably can't box for a bit after this has happened anyway , I landed badly on my shoulder and it's sore. I will be taking time off to let that heal, I'll be back to training at least when I can because I'll be back at heavyweight in no time if I don't lol
    Do yourself a favour and if you want to continue boxing, do it in the safety of the amateur ranks for a bit. Im not saying what happened is due to any injury but it should make you realise should you not have been able to work because of it there would be no insurance to pay for you. If this were an amateur fight there would be insurance to cover you and you arent just looked at as a piece of meat to sell tickets.

I should think your coach gains financially from you fighting in these things so maybe not the best person to talk to. Find a local amateur club and go and have a nose at their setup.

Good luck anyway.

My coaches are ABA coaches though and I go through the unlicensed out of
    Choice. We are an ABA gym ! I was looked after well in this fight and didn't have to pay anything. It was a professional show at the end of the day. I didn't have to sell tickets for this and they paid for the flights, hotel and I was going to get a purse for the fight too ! I get paid for every away fight I box on. It's just the home ones I don't, but you do make money selling tickets
    You might call it professional because you get paid but it wont be sanctioned by any professional bodies. Its unlicenced and the fighters wont be insured. The only insurance they can get for these shows if they even bother is public liability for the crowd.
    It was sanctioned by the Malta boxing commission, Scott Dixon fought a professional fight and we were the unlicensed undercard. I didn't have to pay for any hospital treatment

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'm all good now guys, I would have been concerned if something came up on the brain scans but they were all clear. I'm going to speak to my coach when I'm back and see what he thinks. It's hard to just give something up that I love doing, I've felt nervous before and got through it but the lack of sleep on top of that was too much. Working stupid night shifts has messed with my body clock so badly, I don't sleep so good anymore. I'm going to look into getting a day time job asap! I probably can't box for a bit after this has happened anyway , I landed badly on my shoulder and it's sore. I will be taking time off to let that heal, I'll be back to training at least when I can because I'll be back at heavyweight in no time if I don't lol
    Do yourself a favour and if you want to continue boxing, do it in the safety of the amateur ranks for a bit. Im not saying what happened is due to any injury but it should make you realise should you not have been able to work because of it there would be no insurance to pay for you. If this were an amateur fight there would be insurance to cover you and you arent just looked at as a piece of meat to sell tickets.

I should think your coach gains financially from you fighting in these things so maybe not the best person to talk to. Find a local amateur club and go and have a nose at their setup.

Good luck anyway.

Choice. We are an ABA gym ! I was looked after well in this fight and didn't have to pay anything. It was a professional show at the end of the day. I didn't have to sell tickets for this and they paid for the flights, hotel and I was going to get a purse for the fight too ! I get paid for every away fight I box on. It's just the home ones I don't, but you do make money selling tickets
    You might call it professional because you get paid but it wont be sanctioned by any professional bodies. Its unlicenced and the fighters wont be insured. The only insurance they can get for these shows if they even bother is public liability for the crowd.
    It was sanctioned by the Malta boxing commission, Scott Dixon fought a professional fight and we were the unlicensed undercard. I didn't have to pay for any hospital treatment
    To be fair , Ross and I don't see eye to eye on many things , but I can see that he's trying to be helpful here and wants you to be safe and aware of what goes on.
    He's still a Wanker though.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Speaking to my ABA coach today he's happy I'm ok and the doctors have said have 6 months out and he's strongly me advised me to get carded up into the ABAs. I'm going to speak to my main coach and see what he thinks, I'm not making an quick decisions but I'm not counting it out for sure.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'm having this week off and I'll be back doing basic stuff next week in the gym , I honestly feel fit !!

Mentioned
    1672 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'm having this week off and I'll be back doing basic stuff next week in the gym , I honestly feel fit !!
    We know you are fit but are you healthy enough to get back in the ring?

No head shots or sparring. Boxercise only.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Good luck anyway.

Were you insured?

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yes it didn't cost a penny for any hospital treatment

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yes it didn't cost a penny for any hospital treatment
    Were you insured in the fight?

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yes

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yes
    I seriously find that hard to believe seeing as you werent fighting for any organisation. Or have any kind of licence.

An insurance company will not insure an unlicenced fighter.

Im not calling you a lier but id say you have been misled.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yes
    I seriously find that hard to believe seeing as you werent fighting for any organisation. Or have any kind of licence.

BoxRec Calendar 2016-01-22

If you look every fight on the bill was professional, the Malta boxing commison was in charge of it and the guy who runs the organisation was
    With me in the ambulance. Everything was done properly.
    If I had actually boxed that night my name would of been on boxrec lol

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yes

If you look every fight on the bill was professional, the Malta boxing commison was in charge of it and the guy who runs the organisation was
    So you have a Maltese boxing licence?

You are a malteser!

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yes

So you have a Maltese boxing licence?

You are a malteser!
    The lad who took us is a professional coach And hes licensed from the MBC. But yeh I would have, I'm banned from fighting there for a month. And I doubt they would want me back, what happened to me has never happened before in Malta it was pretty serious. They had to write a massive report and get in touch with the British embassy

Thread Information