Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    447 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Two thoughts /No thought

You 've heard of people saying of any sportsmen he was unbeatable that day he was just in the zone.

Makes you think about coke in the 60's and 70's in sports,but I digress.(which just shows how good Georgie Best and the English squad were cause they'd be out all night on the piss then up against some sth Americans who were pinging off their tits the next day.

So there a few pondering areas of thought really..

Skills earned through training and instruction only and natural ability; where and how can you blend the two to perfection.

Then you have zero thought mode, which allows you to fight in the zone like on automatic piolet .
    Piolet piglet Pilot Haha auto correct..

I think with brain wave patterns Alpha beta and delta being modes of brain activity that allow for ease of different bodily activities that there is a definitive link between slipping between some different wave patterns in regards to 'receptive analytical responses'. (I may have just made 'that' up)

What Im wondering aloud here just for the fuck of it; is for instance if you had a fighter who was being picked apart and set up by someone who had his number on the day and he was getting schooled,but you knew damn well he knew all the stuff the other guy was setting him up with; do you think it possible if you had trained him how to change his mind set from alpha to delta via certain practices (theres even electronic ones these days in headphones) Could you help to get him to fight more in the zone?

Im a believer that everything is in the mind first and the links to it have to free flow in order for you to be at your best and Im just dreaming a bit here about future advancements and training routines that may or may not come into the sport.

Bit like that new sport where you fight a round and then do a chess move in between rounds for a few minutes then back to fighting the next round. Its an Interesting thing they are trying there.
    Last edited by Andre; 01-10-2016 at 11:29 AM.
    Hidden Content " border="0" />

I can explain it.
    But I cant understand it for you.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Two thoughts /No thought

Think theres a lot of truth there Andre.
    Pain lasts a only a minute, but the memory will last forever....

boxingbournemouth - Cornelius Carrs private boxing tuition and personal fitness training

Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Andre View Post
    You 've heard of people saying of any sportsmen he was unbeatable that day he was just in the zone.

Makes you think about coke in the 60's and 70's in sports,but I digress.(which just shows how good Georgie Best and the English squad were cause they'd be out all night on the piss then up against some sth Americans who were pinging off their tits the next day.

So there a few pondering areas of thought really..

Skills earned through training and instruction only and natural ability; where and how can you blend the two to perfection.

Then you have zero thought mode, which allows you to fight in the zone like on automatic piolet .
    Piolet piglet Pilot Haha auto correct..

I think with brain wave patterns Alpha beta and delta being modes of brain activity that allow for ease of different bodily activities that there is a definitive link between slipping between some different wave patterns in regards to 'receptive analytical responses'. (I may have just made 'that' up)

What Im wondering aloud here just for the fuck of it; is for instance if you had a fighter who was being picked apart and set up by someone who had his number on the day and he was getting schooled,but you knew damn well he knew all the stuff the other guy was setting him up with; do you think it possible if you had trained him how to change his mind set from alpha to delta via certain practices (theres even electronic ones these days in headphones) Could you help to get him to fight more in the zone?

Im a believer that everything is in the mind first and the links to it have to free flow in order for you to be at your best and Im just dreaming a bit here about future advancements and training routines that may or may not come into the sport.

Bit like that new sport where you fight a round and then do a chess move in between rounds for a few minutes then back to fighting the next round. Its an Interesting thing they are trying there.
    Hans berger took a photograph of the electrical activity of a dog's brain. Berger confirmed the existence of electrical activity in the human brain. He first did this by presenting a stimulus to hospital patients with skull damage and began measuring the natural rhythmic electrical cycles in the brain. The first natural rhythm he documented was what would become known as the alpha wave.

"Biofeedback theory" relating to brain waves referred to as a kind of neurofeedback, relating to alpha waves--- is the conscious elicitation of alpha brainwaves by a subject. Two different researchers in the United States explored this concept through unrelated experiments. Dr. Joe Kamiya, of the University of Chicago, discovered that some individuals had the conscious ability to recognize when they were creating alpha waves, and could increase their alpha activity.

Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Because of alpha waves' connection with relaxed mental states, increase in alpha wave activity is a desirable outcome for some types of biofeedback training. EEG can be used to provide the subject with feedback when alpha waves increase, enabling some individuals to consciously increase alpha wave activity.

There are several different prospects of this training that are currently being explored. Arguably, the most popular one is the use of this training in meditation. Zen-trained meditation masters produce noticeably more alpha waves during meditation. This fact has led to a popular trend of biofeedback training programs for everyday stress relief.[11]

Psychologists are hoping to use this technique to help people overcome phobias, calm down hyperactive children, and help children with stuttering problems to relax enough to practice regular speech.

There are other uses of biofeedback training beyond therapy. Defense Department researchers are exploring biofeedback as a way of getting captured soldiers to create alpha waves, potentially foiling enemy lie detectors. Biofeedback training has also been receiving attention as a possible way of monitoring attention. It has been theorized that teaching machines could use biofeedback as a way of monitoring children's attention, with the appearance of alpha waves signaling a lapse of attention.[12]

Following this lapse-of-attention line of thought, a recent study indicates that alpha waves may be used to predict mistakes. In it, MEGs measured increases of up to 25% in alpha brain wave activity before mistakes occurred. This study used common sense: alpha waves indicate idleness, and mistakes are often made when a person is doing something automatically, or "on auto-pilot", and not paying attention to the task they are performing. After the mistake was noticed by the subject, there was a decrease in alpha waves as the subject began paying more attention. This study hopes to promote the use of wireless EEG technology on employees in high-risk fields, such as air traffic controlling, to monitor alpha wave activity and gauge the attention level of the employee.[13]

this may be similar to what you were saying about being in the zone or sometimes being out of the zone and needing to get off auto pilot
    Last edited by brocktonblockbust; 01-12-2016 at 02:20 AM.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Pain lasts a only a minute, but the memory will last forever....

boxingbournemouth - Cornelius Carrs private boxing tuition and personal fitness training

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Sounds like this is related to processing stressful events and/ or going with the flow - which is particularly hard if your being punched in the face; true courage under fire.
    It's like a graphic I saw years and years ago, which illustrated the challenge verses reward (bit 'old hat' now) where the right balance finds you in a state of 'flow', so in a fight where oncoming events are random/ dynamic and almost entirely afflicting.
    It must take an enormous amount of mind-power to stay in the right head-space without either suffering an anxiety attack or lulling yourself into a trance.
    Last edited by Jimanuel Boogustus; 01-30-2016 at 12:13 AM.
    Hidden Content
    Original & Best: The Sugar Man

Mentioned
    447 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Jimanuel Boogustus View Post
    Sounds like this is related to processing stressful events and/ or going with the flow - which is particularly hard if your being punched in the face; true courage under fire.
    It's like a graphic I saw years and years ago, which illustrated the challenge verses reward (bit 'old hat' now) where the right balance finds you in a state of 'flow', so in a fight where oncoming events are random/ dynamic and almost entirely afflicting.
    It must take an enormous amount of mind-power to stay in the right head-space without either suffering an anxiety attack or lulling yourself into a trance.
    I had a mate who was used once for a sparring partner here locally with either Rose or Famacheon I cant remember off hand probably Rose thinking of his age he would be around 60 now, before going to Japan for a title fight and he was a tough prick a stand over lad collector and street fighter for money. He was wining in the sparring session and beating the shit out of him for round after round was starting to think maybe i should be going to meet this Harada and we leave this bloke at home. Then the trainer said ok finish up. Thats exactly when he realized what he'd been used for and as he looked up from on the floor.
    At level theres training and theres training.
    Hidden Content " border="0" />

I can explain it.
    But I cant understand it for you.

Thread Information