Thread: Mayweather boasts he could sink Khan-Canelo fight with one phone call

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    944 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Mayweather boasts he could sink Khan-Canelo fight with one phone call

"The retired welterweight claims he could sink Saul (Canelo) Alvarez’s May 7 middleweight title fight with Amir Khan at the new T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas with just two phone calls: One to Angel Garcia, father of welterweight titleholder Danny Garcia. And the other to MGM Resorts, which operates T-Mobile together with the Anschultz Entertainment Group.
    In Mayweather’s hyper-competitive mind, he believes he could coax MGM Grand officials to cancel Alvarez-Khan in favor of a bout between himself and Danny Garcia. ....."

Floyd Mayweather Jr. has big-fight envy: Talks of facing Danny Garcia - Ring TV
    Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Mayweather boasts he could sink Khan-Canelo fight with one phone call

The mayweathers and the garcias... there isn't a stadium built that could hold that much mouth.

At least fight fans would have the undercard. The difference here is that more people would rather watch the probability of khan having his mouth shut and being humbled by a middle weight slugger rather than the improbability of Garcia (that was already had his shine taken by Herrera, Peterson, Guerrero) landing anything of significance on mayweather.

Mayweather's just fantasizing about how much people want to see him win #50... no matter who its against. Even though he has nothing to fear his timing is kind of stupid-- just makes it look like he resurfaced with with the urge to fight right after khan was obligated to fighting 'nelo...
    Last edited by J_Undisputed; 02-17-2016 at 12:35 AM. Reason: forgot guerrero..
    They want your @$$ beat because upsets make news. News brings about excitement, excitement brings about ratings. The objective is to bring you up to the tower and tear your @$$ down. And if you don't believe that, you're crazy.

Roy Jones, Jr. "What I've Learned," Esquire 2003

Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Mayweather boasts he could sink Khan-Canelo fight with one phone call

Floyd is the biggest egotistical prick there has ever been and that includes Khan.

You can tell Floyd is hurt that no one cares about his 50th fight. He thought he could write his own cheque for that fight but he is boring and I hope no mug pays him for his return.

At least we know he wants Garcia for his return fight. Manufactured fight which means no one gets a decision over Garcia because he is being St up for Floyd.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

He skewed the nearby weight divisions just by sticking around. Tatie bye FM

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Mayweather is getting worse after retirement. At least when he fought he could focus mostly on his fights and we didn't have to hear much about his political of philosophical views. Now he is just running his mouth because he doesn't have the spotlight anymore.

Unlike many people, I was a fan of mayweather the boxer. I was never a fan of mayweather the person though. Now that he isn't a boxer, I just don't like him.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

When I read the thread title I had a fleeting thought that Floyd might mean he'd call Khan and say....
    "Ok, I'll fight you now."

Regardless, boxing is full of loud-mouths, prima donnas, and deluded individuals.
    When there's a lull in the action, we still get "entertained" by the B.S. that comes out of their mouths.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

T. B. E.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'm a massive floyd fan but its obvious he does miss the attention.

I was disgusted at the prices for his meet and greet in london and I'm not as bothered about the 50th fight anymore as its obvious it will be garcia.

Garcia is an al haymon fighter and it makes sense from their side to be greedy just like bob arum is doing with pac vs bradley.

Floyd might have that hopkins gene and could happily take off 2 years and make a comeback...what else is going to make him this much money.?

Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Floyd meet and greet has been crap. Venues have not sold. He has more money than he can ever spend but it does not mean anything to someone who has major self esteem issues.

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by imp View Post

I was disgusted at the prices for his meet and greet in london and I'm not as bothered about the 50th fight anymore as its obvious it will be garcia.

Garcia is an al haymon fighter and it makes sense from their side to be greedy just like bob arum is doing with pac vs bradley.

Floyd might have that hopkins gene and could happily take off 2 years and make a comeback...what else is going to make him this much money.?
    His ego will get the best of him and his hubris. He still is the biggest draw which feeds those qualities. He knows he still makes 100 million at least for 50. Seems to me that he's actually saying he is coming back for the winner.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by IamInuit View Post

His ego will get the best of him and his hubris. He still is the biggest draw which feeds those qualities. He knows he still makes 100 million at least for 50. Seems to me that he's actually saying he is coming back for the winner.
    That's the thing.

Hate or love him..he is still very relevant and could be for many more years IF he wants to be..

They (showtime) still want to pay him 9 figures when he is ready so just think of the money he must generate when he puts pen to paper.

Floyd can still clean up the porter/thurman/bradley/garcia era as jumping up in weight makes no sense at this stage.

Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by IamInuit View Post

I could see him try and claim it as fighting for the middleweight title. Triple G gets done over again.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The thing is that boxing fans are very selfish..

When floyd is doing an interview do we all really care what other stuff he has in the pipeline?..all we want to know is when is he fighting next!

Its great to see a prospect like errol spence but he is yet to be tested..i always knew jleon love was missing something and I can't see him returning.

So mayweather promotions is a young business and steadily growing but we still want to know who and when floyd is fighting next...why do we still not want floyd to retire?...do you want to see him loose or are we just addicted to his skills?..how is he different to any other fighter that retired in his prime?

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Floyd meet and greet has been crap. Venues have not sold. He has more money than he can ever spend but it does not mean anything to someone who has major self esteem issues.

Whether one is a Floyd fan or not, the meet and greet is pathetic.

@ruthless rocco could score some major credibility points here by agreeing.
    Unfortunately, the only thing we're going to get out of him is another T.B.E.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Add the fact that no one else is calling Floyd out anymore. Floyd's ego is obviously taking a hit.

It's like dumped boyfriend who decides to stop desperately calling his ex and move on with his life and even find some other hot chick. The ex-girl notices the calls stop and finds out about his new flame.......NOW she becomes vocal.

Thread Information