Default 1993 Bowe vs 1967 Ali

15 round decision?

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Sorry, are we talking about another Ali here?

Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'm sorry I don't understand the meaning of that response

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: 1993 Bowe vs 1967 Ali

1967 Ali was a seriously angry young man, and very cruel and spiteful in the ring.

He belittles and insults Bowe all the way through the build up, and he is not tongue in cheek or funny ..... He calls him fat and stupid, greedy and undisciplined, he turn the whole thing into a fight against Bowes religion.

By the time the first bell rings, Bowe is confused and defensive .... As well as being seriously intimidated by some of the people that hang around Ali.

Ali completely outclasses him in the ring, landing at will and mocking Bowe throughout. The size difference makes as much difference as it did with Ernie Terell, ie none.

By the sixth round, Bowe realises he can't get near Ali. He is cut, hurt and befuddled so he starts to look for a way out by fouling repeatedly.

He finds that he can't get close up to even foul.

By the eighth, he has shipped some serious punishment. Ali steps up the attack and begins to put some real pop in his punches. A lightning fast combination of hurtful blows all find their targets and Bowe goes down heavily. He fails to beat the count.

Critics rate this as Ali's best performance, even better than his ruthless dismantling of the Big Cat.
    If God wanted us to be vegetarians, why are animals made of meat ?

Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by X View Post
    1967 Ali was a seriously angry young man, and very cruel and spiteful in the ring.

He belittles and insults Bowe all the way through the build up, and he is not tongue in cheek or funny ..... He calls him fat and stupid, greedy and undisciplined, he turn the whole thing into a fight against Bowes religion.

By the time the first bell rings, Bowe is confused and defensive .... As well as being seriously intimidated by some of the people that hang around Ali.

Ali completely outclasses him in the ring, landing at will and mocking Bowe throughout. The size difference makes as much difference as it did with Ernie Terell, ie none.

By the sixth round, Bowe realises he can't get near Ali. He is cut, hurt and befuddled so he starts to look for a way out by fouling repeatedly.

By the eighth, he has shipped some serious punishment. Ali steps up the attack and begins to put some real pop in his punches. A lightning fast combination of hurtful blows all find their targets and Bowe goes down heavily. He fails to beat the count.

Critics rate this as Ali's best performance, even better than his ruthless dismantling of the Big Cat.
    At some point though, Bowe surely must have some brief success with that good jab? Wouldn't land any looping overhand rights though. I think he catches Ali with some popping jabs when Ali steps into the pocket to launch that straight right arrow.

Ali KO very, very late, like 11 or 12.

Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by X View Post

Exactly how I see it...first word to the final word. 1965-1967 Ali threw Punches moving forward not back peddling. Reflexes...God given talent.
    All's lost! Everything's going to shit!

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Bowes biggest fight involved him doing bad Ali impressions sitting on the stool between rounds.

He knew who dad was . Really Ali would leave him in lurches and avoid the inside uppercuts from hell. I don't see Bowes jab as huge factor as 67' Ali simply would not be there. Sure sure, he'd be outsized and Bowe would look to bulldoze but that benefits Ali all the more. Bowes lumbering feet of 93' would betray him. Bowe didn't face much hand speed over all. Holyfield, Tubbs (didn't win that either) and Hide aside, Ali was on another planet.

Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Bowe did have that jab, he also had the height and weight with a remarkable chin. Ali would have to work out how to beat those qualities.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Passing this along from @Bill Paxtom

July 9, 1970 ~arena somewhere near Cleveland, Ohio;

Riddick Bowe: "In Round 3, Ali hit me with a straight right hand that 'pissed' me ~off~…… I decided Bid Daddy had to start throwing some Bensonhurst Brooklyn Bombs."

Muhammad Ali: "Bowe is an ugly Seagull. The only way I lose to an ugly Seagull is if the Seagull comes in prepared and ready, and I don't really train good."

Bowe: "Well this Seagull is ready to ~tan~ your 'hide'".

Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think Beau nails ali with a monster uppercut in a clinch

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

ali ud

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Riddick Bowe as I mentioned in another thread loses his concentration during matches He has speed but sacrifices it by being too close to his opponents whereas Ali slides out and back to ring center where he was superior. The one thing that bothered me about Bowe was that he lapses into a lazy phase during a fight and actually stays there for a while to catch a breather. Ali was razor sharp puncher in his youth and his eyes like those of Ray Leonard were wide open. Both men were alert but Bowe wa a part time worker in that department. No less than a UD for Ali.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Bowe was easy to hit & ate too too much.

He was tremendous in beating Holyfield the first time, but he would never have beaten the '67 Ali.

Ali on points, unanimously.
    The legend of Drederick Tatum!Hidden Content

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by brocktonblockbust View Post
    The meaning is that IMHO and I'm sure you disagree, Ali/Clay whatever would totally outclass Bowe. Yes , there is always a size difference comparing between the ages, but that aside, Bowe, decent fighter as he was, wasn't in the same league.😄

Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Primo Carnera View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by brocktonblockbust View Post
    The meaning is that IMHO and I'm sure you disagree, Ali/Clay whatever would totally outclass Bowe. Yes , there is always a size difference comparing between the ages, but that aside, Bowe, decent fighter as he was, wasn't in the same league.😄
    No in fact I don't disagree. I think Allie would have had an easier time with bowe than he did with George Foreman

Thread Information