12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default So called IS committed genocide says the US

US declares so-called Islamic State 'committed genocide' - BBC News

Some may think well dah...

But this is a big step to the UN putting in place instruments that can lead to the ending of the group on a sound international legal basis. I think the US, UK, France and Russia are all roughly on the same page, and with their own internal Islamic extremist problems I suspect China too can be persuaded, then things really will be on the up and an finish to this problem on the horizon.
    "Boxing is like jazz. The better it is, the less people appreciate it."

George Foreman

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: So called IS committed genocide says the US

it surprises me that after the Paris attacks that France didn't declare all out war on them

I know they have sent in air strikes and hunted the people who did the attack but is that enough
    Officially the only saddo who has had a girlfriend

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Russia have also hit them hard but the bitches do not die.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

There's never going to be an end to the problem. IS is just Al Qaeda 2.0. When they do manage to get rid of it, and don't hold your breath, AQ 3.0 will just pop up somewhere else in the region if it already hasn't by the time 2.0 comes to an end.

The overarching problem is groups of pissed off furious fundamentalist nuts angry at the dictatorships they live under and the west for propping up their dictatorships. And now they've got the means to fight back, often funded by the very dictatorships that they hate. The whole thing is the world's biggest clusterfuck and thinking there's a military solution goes against all the evidence of the last fifteen years. The last time we sent the troops in we ended up putting these cunts on the payroll in Iraq to stop them shooting at us for long enough so we could get the fuck out of Dodge.

It's a big assumption to make that all those world powers are on the same page here. They've all got their own interests going on including neighbours like Turkey and Saudi. Everybody has their own agenda.

Ex-insurgents Want More Money, or Else

Add a Comment

July 25, 2008
    AFP

The Iraqi officer leading a U.S.-financed anti-jihadist group is in no mood for small talk -- either the military gives him more money or he will pack his bags and rejoin the ranks of al-Qaeda.
    "I'll go back to al-Qaeda if you stop backing the Sahwa (Awakening) groups," Col. Satar tells U.S. Lt. Matthew McKernon, as he tries to secure more funding for his men to help battle the anti-U.S. insurgents.
    Most members of the Awakening groups are Sunni Arab former insurgents who themselves fought American troops under the al-Qaeda banner after the fall of the regime of executed Iraqi dictator Saddam Hussein.
    Some, like Satar, had served in Saddam's army before joining Al-Qaeda. Others were members of criminal gangs before deciding to fight the insurgents, with the backing of the U.S. military.
    They earn around 300 dollars a month and their presence at checkpoints and on patrol has become an essential component of the U.S.-led coalition's strategy to restore order in the war-wracked country.
    "I like my work," said Satar, who is in charge of security south of Baquba in Iraq's eastern Diyala province.
    According to McKernon Satar has a contract with the U.S. military to employ 230 men "but he has more than 300" under his command, which is why he wants more money to keep them happy.
    The U.S. military knows perfectly well that many people joined Awakening groups simply because it was a good way to make money, and that if the cashflow dries up some would not hesitate to return to al-Qaeda.
    In a bid to avoid this, the U.S.-led coalition is helping Awakening members to return to a "normal life," according to US Admiral Patrick Driscoll.
    He told AFP that options included helping them return to the lives they had before joining the insurgency or joining the Iraqi security forces.
    Some 17,000 Awakening members have opted for the second choice, and 2,500 of them now hold administrative positions, Driscoll said.
    But not everyone in Baquba is happy with the situation.
    "Yesterday's killers have now become our protectors," said one sceptical resident who spoke on condition of anonymity. "Who should I trust to protect my family?"
    Despite levels of violence nationwide hitting a four-year low, Diyala remains one of the most dangerous regions in Iraq because of the al-Qaeda presence.
    On Thursday police said a woman suicide bomber attacked an Awakening patrol in central Baquba, killing eight people including a local Sahwa commander.
    Little more than a year ago, Baquba was the scene of deadly fighting that forced many residents to flee.
    Among them was the Shiite Wahab family. Despite simmering tensions that continue to grip Baquba, the family recently returned home to the Katun neighbourhood, a mostly Sunni area in the western part of town.
    No sooner had they settled in than a home-made bomb blasted through the gate of their house. On Wednesday the eldest son, Mahmud, discovered a second bomb just yards away from the building.
    American soldiers accompanied by Iraqi policemen and troops arrived to investigate, accompanied by Abu Zarra, an Awakening group commander of 300 men in Katun.
    As bomb disposal teams examined the device, Abu Zarra was overheard by an AFP correspondent discussing with one of his men how much protection money they could extort from the Wahab family.
    After the bomb was finally blown up by the experts, a U.S. Soldier teased Abu Zarra, telling him: "Isn't this just like the good old days when you were the terrorist?"
    Meanwhile the U.S. Army has files on all Awakening members -- including finger prints and retinal identification.
    "They know that we know who they are," said Capt. Kevin Ryan.

Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Britkid View Post

But this is a big step to the UN putting in place instruments that can lead to the ending of the group on a sound international legal basis. I think the US, UK, France and Russia are all roughly on the same page, and with their own internal Islamic extremist problems I suspect China too can be persuaded, then things really will be on the up and an finish to this problem on the horizon.
    And yet Obama that ass f***** cannot bring himself to say that the Turks committed genocide against the Armenians in 1915. Go figure. Just one more example of political b*******. At the expense of Truth.

Mentioned
    679 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Kirkland Laing View Post
    There's never going to be an end to the problem. IS is just Al Qaeda 2.0. When they do manage to get rid of it, and don't hold your breath, AQ 3.0 will just pop up somewhere else in the region if it already hasn't by the time 2.0 comes to an end.

The overarching problem is groups of pissed off furious fundamentalist nuts angry at the dictatorships they live under and the west for propping up their dictatorships. And now they've got the means to fight back, often funded by the very dictatorships that they hate. The whole thing is the world's biggest clusterfuck and thinking there's a military solution goes against all the evidence of the last fifteen years. The last time we sent the troops in we ended up putting these cunts on the payroll in Iraq to stop them shooting at us for long enough so we could get the fuck out of Dodge.

It's a big assumption to make that all those world powers are on the same page here. They've all got their own interests going on including neighbours like Turkey and Saudi. Everybody has their own agenda.

Ex-insurgents Want More Money, or Else

Add a Comment

July 25, 2008
    AFP

The Iraqi officer leading a U.S.-financed anti-jihadist group is in no mood for small talk -- either the military gives him more money or he will pack his bags and rejoin the ranks of al-Qaeda.
    "I'll go back to al-Qaeda if you stop backing the Sahwa (Awakening) groups," Col. Satar tells U.S. Lt. Matthew McKernon, as he tries to secure more funding for his men to help battle the anti-U.S. insurgents.
    Most members of the Awakening groups are Sunni Arab former insurgents who themselves fought American troops under the al-Qaeda banner after the fall of the regime of executed Iraqi dictator Saddam Hussein.
    Some, like Satar, had served in Saddam's army before joining Al-Qaeda. Others were members of criminal gangs before deciding to fight the insurgents, with the backing of the U.S. military.
    They earn around 300 dollars a month and their presence at checkpoints and on patrol has become an essential component of the U.S.-led coalition's strategy to restore order in the war-wracked country.
    "I like my work," said Satar, who is in charge of security south of Baquba in Iraq's eastern Diyala province.
    According to McKernon Satar has a contract with the U.S. military to employ 230 men "but he has more than 300" under his command, which is why he wants more money to keep them happy.
    The U.S. military knows perfectly well that many people joined Awakening groups simply because it was a good way to make money, and that if the cashflow dries up some would not hesitate to return to al-Qaeda.
    In a bid to avoid this, the U.S.-led coalition is helping Awakening members to return to a "normal life," according to US Admiral Patrick Driscoll.
    He told AFP that options included helping them return to the lives they had before joining the insurgency or joining the Iraqi security forces.
    Some 17,000 Awakening members have opted for the second choice, and 2,500 of them now hold administrative positions, Driscoll said.
    But not everyone in Baquba is happy with the situation.
    "Yesterday's killers have now become our protectors," said one sceptical resident who spoke on condition of anonymity. "Who should I trust to protect my family?"
    Despite levels of violence nationwide hitting a four-year low, Diyala remains one of the most dangerous regions in Iraq because of the al-Qaeda presence.
    On Thursday police said a woman suicide bomber attacked an Awakening patrol in central Baquba, killing eight people including a local Sahwa commander.
    Little more than a year ago, Baquba was the scene of deadly fighting that forced many residents to flee.
    Among them was the Shiite Wahab family. Despite simmering tensions that continue to grip Baquba, the family recently returned home to the Katun neighbourhood, a mostly Sunni area in the western part of town.
    No sooner had they settled in than a home-made bomb blasted through the gate of their house. On Wednesday the eldest son, Mahmud, discovered a second bomb just yards away from the building.
    American soldiers accompanied by Iraqi policemen and troops arrived to investigate, accompanied by Abu Zarra, an Awakening group commander of 300 men in Katun.
    As bomb disposal teams examined the device, Abu Zarra was overheard by an AFP correspondent discussing with one of his men how much protection money they could extort from the Wahab family.
    After the bomb was finally blown up by the experts, a U.S. Soldier teased Abu Zarra, telling him: "Isn't this just like the good old days when you were the terrorist?"
    Meanwhile the U.S. Army has files on all Awakening members -- including finger prints and retinal identification.
    "They know that we know who they are," said Capt. Kevin Ryan.
    Contrary for the sake of contrary, utter bullshit.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by brocktonblockbust View Post

And yet Obama that ass f***** cannot bring himself to say that the Turks committed genocide against the Armenians in 1915. Go figure. Just one more example of political b*******. At the expense of Truth.

That particular genocide is shamefully denied by not just Obama; the UK hardly raises a voice when it comes to that subject.
    "Boxing is like jazz. The better it is, the less people appreciate it."

George Foreman

Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by brocktonblockbust View Post

That particular genocide is shamefully denied by not just Obama; the UK hardly raises a voice when it comes to that subject.
    You're right my friend. My grandfather got out of there in 1905 about 10 years before that happened. At least france and a few other countries havef passed that as a law

Thread Information