Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Conspiracy theories

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Some conspiracy theories are actually just schizophrenic hallucinations or psychiatric delusional beliefs.

Others have some degree of credibility. Just take the belief in heaven and hell, that could be one of the biggest conspiracy theories of all time if you think about it. It has to be accepted on faith only and nobody here I believe at least on this forum haha has ever seen heaven or hell literally jokes aside, or aliens or UFOs or any of this stuff and yet so many people believe in that.

When was the last time we called any religious person a conspiracy theorist for believing in heaven or hell or purgatory?

Mentioned
    943 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by NoSavingByTheBell View Post
    Some conspiracy theories are actually just schizophrenic hallucinations or psychiatric delusional beliefs.

Others have some degree of credibility. Just take the belief in heaven and hell, that could be one of the biggest conspiracy theories of all time if you think about it. It has to be accepted on faith only and nobody here I believe at least on this forum haha has ever seen heaven or hell literally jokes aside, or aliens or UFOs or any of this stuff and yet so many people believe in that.

When was the last time we called any religious person a conspiracy theorist for believing in heaven or hell or purgatory?
    They have a lot in common. The whole idea of Religion is based on the idea that people are privvy to some secret knowledge that somehow makes them more special than you. That religious belief systems still exist in 2024 astonishes me.

What kind of feeble God would not only punish generations of children for what their great grandparents 1000 generations removed did? But then also be so needy that despite being omnipotent they would insist on being worshipped?

It's just a form of control and a way to keep weak and stupid men in power.
    Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Beanz View Post

They have a lot in common. The whole idea of Religion is based on the idea that people are privvy to some secret knowledge that somehow makes them more special than you. That religious belief systems still exist in 2024 astonishes me.

What kind of feeble God would not only punish generations of children for what their great grandparents 1000 generations removed did? But then also be so needy that despite being omnipotent they would insist on being worshipped?

i agree religion is just another fear based control system. it's a delusion. exposing lies & holes in narratives is not the same thing
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Jesus spoke of fire in gehenna. Don't know where he got that concept because I don't believe the Jews believe in Hell, pretty sure. Hindus and Buddhists also do not believe in hell or a place of fire so I have no idea where that idea comes from but it sure scared the heck out of people.

Mentioned
    943 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TIC View Post

i agree religion is just another fear based control system. it's a delusion. exposing lies & holes in narratives is not the same thing
    It's exactly the same thing. You think you are privvy to some special knowledge that makes you better than others. Look at your signature having a pop at Titofan and the obsessive way you have to use my name despite me hardly posting here.

Pretty weak.
    Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It's exactly the same thing. You think you are privvy to some special knowledge that makes you better than others. Look at your signature having a pop at Titofan and the obsessive way you have to use my name despite me hardly posting here.

Pretty weak.
    they are completely different. i don't think i'm privy to some special knowledge that makes me better than others. my signaure shows the reasoning of someone who will claim something is a fact, that isn't & then contradict that made up fact. & what's wrong with using your name larry?

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quantum mechanics proves through quantum coupling that anything is possible if you can imagine it, then you have already affected the subatomic structures around you in that direction. This has been proven through the Large hadron colliders experiments especially the observed versus the unobserved subatomic particle collisions in the outcomes based on a remote observer interacting or not

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Pretty weak.
    they are completely different. i don't think i'm privy to some special knowledge that makes me better than others. my signaure shows the reasoning of someone who will claim something is a fact, that isn't & then contradict that made up fact. & what's wrong with using your name larry?

I'm not gonna get into another never ending cycle of back-and-forth tit for tat here.

Suffice it to say this.

You say to most boxing fans that GGG fought his entire career at middleweight... then someone brings up his one obscure fight at 163 pounds as some hilarious vindication and proof that he didn't... and that someone will get laughed out of the room.

Fact is you were trying to justify Ginger dragging GGG up to super middle, when in reality he HAD fought his entire career at middleweight.

Picking on insignificant and inconsequential details to try and derail an argument is just sad, dude.

I don't see signatures on my feed, as I disabled that option... so I wasn't even aware of your sig.

Nice to know I'm still living rent-free, though.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Here is a conspiracy theory…… the only true conspiracy theory that has ever successfully existed is Santa Claus
    If God wanted us to be vegetarians, why are animals made of meat ?

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post

Pretty weak.

I'm not gonna get into another never ending cycle of back-and-forth tit for tat here.

Suffice it to say this.

You say to most boxing fans that GGG fought his entire career at middleweight... then someone brings up his one obscure fight at 163 pounds as some hilarious vindication and proof that he didn't... and that someone will get laughed out of the room.

Fact is you were trying to justify Ginger dragging GGG up to super middle, when in reality he HAD fought his entire career at middleweight.

Picking on insignificant and inconsequential details to try and derail an argument is just sad, dude.

I don't see signatures on my feed, as I disabled that option... so I wasn't even aware of your sig.

you said "the fact is GGG has fought at 160 for his entire career". it wasn't a fact, which you confirmed by contradicting yourself when you said "GGG weighed 163 for the Rolls fight". i wasn't trying to justify anything, just that it wasn't a fact that ggg had fought his entire career at 160. the only argument is that you made up a fact, that was wrong & you even contradicted your own fact. the signature just shows someone's poor reasoning

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quantum mechanics proves through quantum coupling that anything is possible if you can imagine it, then you have already affected the subatomic structures around you in that direction. This has been proven through the Large hadron colliders experiments especially the observed versus the unobserved subatomic particle collisions in the outcomes based on a remote observer interacting or not
    lol

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post

Pretty weak.

Suffice it to say this.

you said "the fact is GGG has fought at 160 for his entire career". it wasn't a fact, which you confirmed by contradicting yourself when you said "GGG weighed 163 for the Rolls fight". i wasn't trying to justify anything, just that it wasn't a fact that ggg had fought his entire career at 160. the only argument is that you made up a fact, that was wrong & you even contradicted your own fact. the signature just shows someone's poor reasoning

It don't matter, really.

But pick out 100 random people, boxing fans preferably.

Ask them whether they feel GGG fought at middleweight his entire career. Feel free to mention the one fight where he weighed 163.

10 to 1 the vast majority of them would say GGG fought his entire career at MW.

But hey... that's just my opinion.

(BTW, the fact of the matter is Ginger DID drag a 40-year old man up to super middle... a weight he never fought at).

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

And here's another fact. A younger triple G would have absolutely annihilated little cinnamon

Thread Information