59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Conspiracy theories

Quote Originally Posted by Primo Carnera View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by NoSavingByTheBell View Post
    This HAS to be the longest running back and forth in recent forum memory. I feel it hinges on the old idiomatic expression "failing to see the forest for the trees".
    And over so many different Threads.
    Yes great point. I believe this started on the boxing forum, bled into a 2nd thread on that same forum, then EASILY sneaked it's way into TWO off topic threads and who knows? It may have even appeared in a let's get it on thread. We could even put this or Mods could MOVE IT onto the "Conspiracy theories" thread (oh wait! They already DID) as it's beginning to look staged for our wonderment or entertainment.

But for SURE what has given it new life lately is that Tito fan says he had not even seen that signature of TIC until just a few days ago!.... when all of us had seen it for at least one or two years and marveled at the fact that he had never mentioned it before. SO.....is this now needing another "home" in (yet) another forum/thread?

Hell, I could even see it SOMEHOW appearing in, say, "Shooting spree of the month" or maybe "posters who you miss".

I mean, why the duck not at this point? 🤫🤫🤫 (Wait! Don't tell them! We don't want any spoilers for where this could lead.)

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Primo Carnera View Post
    This HAS to be the longest running back and forth in recent forum memory. I feel it hinges on the old idiomatic expression "failing to see the forest for the trees".
    And over so many different Threads.
    Yes great point. I believe this started on the boxing forum, bled into a 2nd thread on that same forum, then EASILY sneaked it's way into TWO off topic threads and who knows? It may have even appeared in a let's get it on thread. We could even put this or Mods could MOVE IT onto the "Conspiracy theories" thread (oh wait! They already DID) as it's beginning to look staged for our wonderment or entertainment.

But for SURE what has given it new life lately is that Tito fan says he had not even seen that signature of TIC until just a few days ago!.... when all of us had seen it for at least one or two years and marveled at the fact that he had never mentioned it before. SO.....is this now needing another "home" in (yet) another forum/thread?

Hell, I could even see it SOMEHOW appearing in, say, "Shooting spree of the month" or maybe "posters who you miss".

I mean, why the duck not at this point? 🤫🤫🤫 (Wait! Don't tell them! We don't want any spoilers for where this could lead.)
    Maybe it needs its own Forum?
    Former Undisputed 4 belt Prediction champion. Still P4P and People’s Champion.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

You're free to look away.

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    Wow.

You still harping on that shit, bro? (LMAO)

The only "silly" and "ridiculous" aspects here are a defense of Canelo dragging a CAREER middleweight up to 168 for the first time ever. A career middleweight, mind you, who was totally over the hill at 40 years of age. A career middleweight who got blatantly ROBBED in his 1st fight with Canelo... and decides to try it again... in VEGAS, still.

The silly and ridiculous part is using the technicality of one fight at 163 to somehow make the argument that there is no weight or size advantage for Canelo.

You see... when a person is reduced to picking at an insignificant, shitty detail such as that one... to make a point... not only is it silly and ridiculous. It's downright embarrassing and pathetic.

So we'll work on your "I Was Right" trophy... while secretly chuckling at your argument that, because Golovkin fought at 163 ONE TIME... that it somehow makes your defense of Canelo valid.

Will a trophy suffice?
    Maybe a plaque or something?
    How about an autographed picture of me saying "You're right"?

I'm all about pleasing my fellow Saddo'ers.
    harping? i wasn't the one who started the discussion on my signature. i am just reply to posts on the forum. this has nothing to do with canelo bringing ggg up in weight, as i have told you several times before. it has to do with you making up facts. i am using 163 to show your made up fact is wrong. the only point i'm making is that you made up a fact, that was wrong & that you contradicted your own fact as well. no trophy needed. no plaque or something. i'll settle for you conceding that you made up a fact that was incorrect & contradicted the fact you made up. i'm happy your all about pleasing
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

You know what, bro?

I was going to leave it there. But I'm gonna say what I should've said a long time ago.

From your sig (which I had to log out to see), I gather that... "The fact is GGG has fought at 160 for his entire career"... is an exact quote. I'll take your word for it, 'cause I can't be bothered to go dredging through old posts.

Let me give you a free lesson in adult conversational arguments, and/or logical thinking.

Had I said...

"GGG fought at 160 in every single one of his fights."

Or... "GGG never weighed in at more than 160 for any of his fights."

You would've had a valid point.

But the statement that GGG has fought at 160 for his entire career, is a true statement that is understood as such by most adult-filled audiences, who understand the true meaning of a statement.

The use of "160" is synonymous with saying "middleweight." So I could've just as well said... "The fact is GGG has fought at middleweight for his entire career."

The thing is... you KNOW what the fuck I mean. The fact you're picking at one fight where he weighed 163 is pretty pathetic, if you ask me.

The fact that this even merits discussion is pretty pathetic also.

But hey... you're a COVID denier. So I don't expect any of this to actually get through.
    i've just got one question for you. answer it honestly & i'll delete my signature & never mention your made up fact again. because there can only be one answer. one will confirm your fact is in fact correct. the only will show your fact is incorrect. what weight division was ggg v steve rolls fought within at the time it happened, middleweight or super middleweight?
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TIC View Post
    You know what, bro?

I was going to leave it there. But I'm gonna say what I should've said a long time ago.

From your sig (which I had to log out to see), I gather that... "The fact is GGG has fought at 160 for his entire career"... is an exact quote. I'll take your word for it, 'cause I can't be bothered to go dredging through old posts.

Let me give you a free lesson in adult conversational arguments, and/or logical thinking.

Had I said...

But the statement that GGG has fought at 160 for his entire career, is a true statement that is understood as such by most adult-filled audiences, who understand the true meaning of a statement.

The use of "160" is synonymous with saying "middleweight." So I could've just as well said... "The fact is GGG has fought at middleweight for his entire career."

The thing is... you KNOW what the fuck I mean. The fact you're picking at one fight where he weighed 163 is pretty pathetic, if you ask me.

But hey... you're a COVID denier. So I don't expect any of this to actually get through.
    i've just got one question for you. answer it honestly & i'll delete my signature & never mention your made up fact again. because there can only be one answer. one will confirm your fact is in fact correct. the only will show your fact is incorrect. what weight division was ggg v steve rolls fought within at the time it happened, middleweight or super middleweight?

To be brutally frank... and I'm being as truthful as I can be... the whole thing doesn't even bother me that much. I've had a lot worse arguments on here. In addition, I know you didn't bring it up. Your sig just happened to be mentioned. Plus I don't see sigs, maybe due to a setting in my options.

My honest answer is that I don't know what weight division GGG and Rolls fought in. Must've been a catchweight, is all I can figure. But my point remains. GGG was a career middleweight. No catchweights can erase that.

Besides... we seem to be boring and/or bothering another Saddo'er who has NEVER gone on endless, tiring, nauseating tirades in the forum before.

No sireee.

Sideline pot-shooting is sooooo fukking predictable...

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

You know what, bro?

Had I said...

To be brutally frank... and I'm being as truthful as I can be... the whole thing doesn't even bother me that much. I've had a lot worse arguments on here. In addition, I know you didn't bring it up. Your sig just happened to be mentioned. Plus I don't see sigs, maybe due to a setting in my options.

My honest answer is that I don't know what weight division GGG and Rolls fought in. Must've been a catchweight, is all I can figure. But my point remains. GGG was a career middleweight. No catchweights can erase that.

Besides... we seem to be boring and/or bothering another Saddo'er who has NEVER gone on endless, tiring, nauseating tirades in the forum before.

No sireee.

you almost did it. yes ggg v steve rolls was at a catchweight but catchweights are fought within a division, they are normally not their own divisions. yes i agree ggg was a career middleweight. that is not the same thing as saying the fact is GGG has fought at 160 for his entire career. who cares if others are board. saddo will tell us otherwise. so second time at the golden ticket. spicoli, did you want to jump in & try to give titofan a hand? you were trying to defend the made up fact after all. master? it is puzzling to see boxing fans struggling over such a simple trivia question. what weight division was ggg v steve rolls fought within at the time it happened, middleweight or super middleweight?

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

You know what, bro?

Had I said...

No sireee.

you almost did it. yes ggg v steve rolls was at a catchweight but catchweights are fought within a division, they are normally not their own divisions. yes i agree ggg was a career middleweight. that is not the same thing as saying the fact is GGG has fought at 160 for his entire career. who cares if others are board. saddo will tell us otherwise. so second time at the golden ticket. spicoli, did you want to jump in & try to give titofan a hand? you were trying to defend the made up fact after all. master? it is puzzling to see boxing fans struggling over such a simple trivia question. what weight division was ggg v steve rolls fought within at the time it happened, middleweight or super middleweight?

I think this one can be safely put to bed. We all agree GGG was a career middleweight... we all agree it's all about a "simple trivia question." Trivia is good. Makes for good bar room conversations.

Maybe we won't need to get our own forum after all.

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

You know what, bro?

Had I said...

No sireee.

Hope you're not referring to me because I think it's funny and I was just trying to be humorous about it. I don't care how many threads you guys want to bring it up in. It was just my way of being or let's say having some camaraderie all around

Thread Information