Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Dillian Whyte v David Allen

Quote Originally Posted by ross View Post
    1.Whyte knew it was going to be hard to stop Allen so did do alot of arm punching as he was concerned about blowing out early. In fact had it been a 12 rounder and not just 10 he didnt look very strong in the last round and was starting to be bullied around more and more and taking more shots.

2.I think Allen showed more promise in that fight than Whyte did. I think that was only Allens 10th fight? On 3 weeks notice. Didnt have the output to win but with that experience he could go in with anyone and we know he will not fold early. Its an excellent base to build from. None of the other top heavies have the same kind of resiliance, all have been dropped, stopped, knocked out etc or in Joshuas case he got hurt by those same punches where Allen didnt.
    I think number 1 in Bold is probably true , which reflects badly on Whyte. Fuck me, at the level he is perceived to be , minimum requirement is that he should be able to go 12 rounds with a supposedly inferior opponent. I don't dislike Whyte , but I was very disappointed with his fitness , timing and general punch / combination selection on Saturday.
    I don't agree with point number 2 in Bold. how can he have more promise, when he isn't able to throw punches? The only potential Allen has got , is the potential to get seriously hurt if he has to take that many punches regularly without giving anything back.
    Allen is a likeable guy, and has a good sense of humour and is also a good sport, but unless there is a "Rocky when Apollo Creed trained him" change, I can't see him going very far.
    It would be nice if he proves me wrong though.
    Last edited by Primo Carnera; 08-02-2016 at 01:19 AM. Reason: Grammar Correction. Grammar maketh the Man! :)

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Allen has admitted he himself was worried about doing the distance because hes so inexperienced, only had 20 fights in total including amateur.

Whytes lingest fight was against Joshua, previously I think he had only done 4 so he was worried about the distance.
    Pthey both tried pacing themselves but Whyte is more experienced and polished.

Allen has big potential, he wasnt blowing out his ass, is strong as fuck and if you listen to Whyte he took world class punches and didnt budge. When was the last time we have had a heavyweight who can take world class punches repeatedly and not budge, get dropped, or even be hurt?

All he has to do is have confidence in his own fitness and throw more punches thats it. He is relatively skilled, good upper body and head movement. Caught Whyte with his jab when he threw it.

Yes I think he takes more credit from this and more promise. He made Whyte look shyte. Maybe Whyte is over rated from giving Joshua his toughest fight? Maybe people thought he is better than what he is? Allen Just didnt do enough himself.

I will watch his career as a fan, I am deffinitely interested to see how it progresses.

Mentioned
    229 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

In all fairness Whyte is going to say he took world class punches, he's hardly going to say was tickling him is he.

Mind you I haven't seen the fight myself

Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Batman View Post
    In all fairness Whyte is going to say he took world class punches, he's hardly going to say was tickling him is he.

Mind you I haven't seen the fight myself
    Do not watch it, it is not an entertaining contest.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    229 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

David Allen is taking an indeterminate break from boxing as he battles depression and gambling.

Shame but the kid does sound like he has a few issues, he comes across as happy and good humoured in his interviews but I have heard him talking about having massive weight issues (wasn't he weighing 23 stones at one point) and how he has been depressed in the past.

Could be that boxing is too stressful for him, he might be better off out of it.

Sounds as though he may have a touch of the old bipolar.

Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

David Allen is taking an indeterminate break from boxing as he battles depression and gambling.

Shame but the kid does sound like he has a few issues, he comes across as happy and good humoured in his interviews but I have heard him talking about having massive weight issues (wasn't he weighing 23 stones at one point) and how he has been depressed in the past.

Could be that boxing is too stressful for him, he might be better off out of it.

That could be all true for Tyson Fury but he has managed his condition better.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It sounds like LIFE is too stressful for him. If anything, the Boxing has possibly helped, but not enough . He probably got , for him , a decent purse and has blown it and that has seen him sink back into depression.
    Mind you , I'm only using my degree on Street Psychology here that I got from the University of Life!!!
    I do hope he can sort his life out because regardless of what I thought of his ability , he seems a very likeable guy and you wouldn't wish this on anyone.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Actually just read the article off the Sky Sport Website. What a genuine and Honest guy he is. I really, really do hope he gets his life sorted . it's a terrible shame.

Thread Information