Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default "No inflation??!!" - how US/UK lie to us

United States and the United Kingdom continue to repeat the line that since the 2008 financial collapse there has been no inflation in the economy. Oh really? Since 2008 all of the monthly rent in the United States of America have practically doubled. A little basement or attic studio apartment without a kitchen used to cost $600 a month here in the tri-state area. It now cost $1,100 a month. A small one-bedroom apartment with a kitchen in 2008 used to cost 850 to $1,000 a month. It now cost 1750/ $2,000 a month. A slice of pizza in New York or New Jersey and 2008 used to cost $1.25. I have not found a slice of pizza in New York City over the past 8 months that sells for any less than $2.50. A six pack of beer used to cost $3.50. They are now selling for 6 and $7 each. I don't know what the government wants us to believe that no inflation refers to but for the regular consumer like me it refers to the rental price per month and the cost of goods and services that we use on a daily basis. For these shysters and charlatans in the Federal Reserve and other government accounting offices to come out and tell us that there has been no inflation since 2008 is an absolute pack of lies. All prices of food and drinks and rent have doubled for the typical consumer. If that's not inflation then I don't know what is. Salaries have stayed the same for the past 20 years in the United States of America. In the mid-1990s I worked as a customer service representative for various manufacturing companies in New Jersey and New York. The weekly salary in 1996 was about 550 or $600 . The exact same jobs now being advertised for customer service for the same exact companies are paying 12 or $13 an hour which is actually slightly less than $600 a week . Therefore wages have been completely stagnant in the United States of America for the past 20 years and yet rent and food has doubled . We won't even get to the unemployment numbers which they claim are so great. They simply drop people from the unemployment rolls after their benefits run out. This makes it appear as if there are less unemployed people but since those people never get back into the workforce it makes it look as if the unemployment rate has dropped. Also counting part-time jobs and things of that nature make it appear as if jobs are being created. In actuality they are not paying full-time jobs with benefits. It is one big shell game.

Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

@Dia bando

Is it not the same in Wales/rest of UK?
    Last edited by brocktonblockbust; 03-28-2016 at 01:09 AM.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: "No inflation??!!" - how US/UK lie to us

Nothing is the same in Wales.

Gravity pushes you up off the ground, it's only light when it's dark, hungry people are fat and time runs backwards when the clocks go forward.
    Last edited by X; 03-28-2016 at 03:58 AM. Reason: I didn't edit this, it's because it's about Wales
    If God wanted us to be vegetarians, why are animals made of meat ?

Mentioned
    197 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by X View Post
    Nothing is the same in Wales.

Gravity pushes you up off the ground, it's only light when it's dark, hungry people are fat and time runs backwards when the clocks go forward.
    Sounds like a verse to a really great song...Is this some Bob Dylan lyrics ?
    All's lost! Everything's going to shit!

Mentioned
    197 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I can literally hear him singing this...

Gravateeeee ..pushes u up of the grounnnnddddd
    Nothing is the same in whales
    It's only liiiiiiggghhht ...when it's daaaaarrrrkkkkk

LookatalltheFatpeopletheystillhungry
    time runs backwards when the clocks go forward.

Nothing is the same in whales...
    All's lost! Everything's going to shit!

Thread Information