Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default David Haye-Arnold 'The Cobra' Gjergjaj - May 21/London 02

Who? This is like old school matchmaking before we got access to all the fighters records/footage. Just pick a guy with a pretty record that has zero substance to it.

David Haye to face Arnold 'The Cobra' Gjergjaj on May 21 | Boxing News | Sky Sports
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: David Haye-Arnold 'The Cobra' Gjergjaj - May 21/London 02

Judging by this he's purposely picked a tall fella. Practice for what's next?

3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yes, I had never heard of this guy so I looked him up.

He's only ever fought in the elite boxing hotbeds of Switzerland and Hungary. His last three fights were against opponents with a 20-4, 39-10 and a 6-0 novice.

What a fucking joke David Haye is.

I see where he is going ..... not a dangerous opponent to derail the gravy train, padded record and also he outpointed a Denis Bakhtov, who Anthony Joshua ironed out in two rounds. another con job from a guy who has never acted like he respects boxing.

I seriously hope this is free on Dave again, the traditional haunt of stale and dated comedians from another era.

I was going to try and slip in a good joke here, but I cant type properly since I broke my toe
    Last edited by X; 03-30-2016 at 09:19 PM.
    If God wanted us to be vegetarians, why are animals made of meat ?

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I said he wouldnt pick on anyone dangerous. It was a dream come true that someone as shit as DeMori had an actual fucking ranking from somewhere! It was like a ripe fruit on a tree ready to be picked. Hes going to sit on that ranking and fight people like this to keep himself relevant. Thats all he has ever done.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Hes fighting zsa zsa gabor...

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Arnie in 2
    Don't bully fat kids - they've got enough on their plate

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ross View Post
    I said he wouldnt pick on anyone dangerous. It was a dream come true that someone as shit as DeMori had an actual fucking ranking from somewhere! It was like a ripe fruit on a tree ready to be picked. Hes going to sit on that ranking and fight people like this to keep himself relevant. Thats all he has ever done.
    that may well be his thinking, you're probably right. But if it is , I reckon it will backfire on him. During the time he's had out of the ring , new contenders and champions have emerged and he won't jump the queue by treading water. There's gonna come a time when he has to step up , because his current ranking won't get him a shot.
    Also , although he's currently selling out the O2, even his most loyal supporters will soon want him to step up and they will get pissed off with this. they will eventually see straight through it.
    The other thing is I don't know if he's got the patience to wait , and clearly nobody is gonna put anything on a plate for him.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Primo Carnera View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ross View Post
    that may well be his thinking, you're probably right. But if it is , I reckon it will backfire on him. During the time he's had out of the ring , new contenders and champions have emerged and he won't jump the queue by treading water. There's gonna come a time when he has to step up , because his current ranking won't get him a shot.
    Also , although he's currently selling out the O2, even his most loyal supporters will soon want him to step up and they will get pissed off with this. they will eventually see straight through it.
    The other thing is I don't know if he's got the patience to wait , and clearly nobody is gonna put anything on a plate for him.
    I dont think its totally just a ploy to have risk free fights to have an easy title shot. He obviously recognises he desperately needs rounds. The fight against DeMori can be discounted towards making him sharp because it may well have litterally just been a punch bag! He needs to feel what its like to get in to the 4th because he will tire, he used to and now he hasnt had his stamina tested for 4 years. He will feel it and he knows that. Hes not taking on Briggs who can take a shot and punch back no matter how old Briggs is. A fight against Briggs here could end up looking identical to the Thompson fight.

Who knows, even Zsa Zsa might push him?

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Except Chisora , Cunningham and wlad this is a better opponent than all the rest of furys by a distance

You never know, he might even beat Chisora and Cunningham

Who should haye be fighting?
    Officially the only saddo who has had a girlfriend

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Fenster View Post
    Who? This is like old school matchmaking before we got access to all the fighters records/footage. Just pick a guy with a pretty record that has zero substance to it.

David Haye to face Arnold 'The Cobra' Gjergjaj on May 21 | Boxing News | Sky Sports
    Why are you always right? Haye is playing the 60's and 70's game with Eastern European opponents, who we have never heard of. No different to the Klit dominations of the 90's onwards, which did the same as warren lawless etc, before, hand picking opponents en route to a title shot, along with bribing governing bodies.

Nothing much changes does it? At least it will be some brits doing it for the next few years, we might even get it on free telly!

Thread Information