Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 18 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Joshua vs Martin -- Plus Undercard.

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Joshua vs Martin -- Plus Undercard.

Who you got and how?

Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default re: Joshua vs Martin -- Plus Undercard.

I like this fight because we don't know enough about either of them yet , Martin could fold like a s deck of cards , or land a powerful counter and its lights out for Joshua.
    I'd prefer to sit on the fence, but if I had to pick a winner id say Joshua by ko3 .
    Remember reality is an illusion caused by a lack of alcohol .

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I do think that Joshua might be a real talent, but to be fighting for a 'world' title after just 15 bouts (all quick knockouts) is a bit too soon for me. A fighter who wants to keep hold of his crown needs to be more of a finished article that Joshua currently is.

Granted, he is fighting for a diminished bauble, as everyone knows the real heavyweight champion is Tyson Fury .... and Charles Martin is probably one of the more anonymous and poorest 'world' titleholder so there has ever been.

We don't really know what Joshua's chin or stamina is like. However, when you get two big men who can both hit, then I dint see this going the distance.

Whoever lands properly first will stop the other guy, probably quite quickly. Joshua's amateur pedigree probably makes him more of an orthodox technician than Martin, so assuming he is not totally flummoxed by the southpaw stance, I take Joshua to finish it inside five.

It will be mighty interesting if it goes past seven though.
    If God wanted us to be vegetarians, why are animals made of meat ?

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Joshua got wobbled when he fought the first close to half decent fighter he's fought and if the guy had been in shape Joshua could easily have lost. Haven't seen anything of Martin other than his last fight. The winner will still probably have a load of question marks over them going into their next fight.

From Martin jumping into this fight because it was his biggest possible payday I'm going to go with Joshua. But Martin will be fighting like he's got nothing to lose so anything could happen.

Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Joshua will win comprehensively.

Martin will try and take him out in the later rounds and hope AJ is another Bruno. I think Joshua is world class even if he is fighting for an alphabet title too early.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post

Martin will try and take him out in the later rounds and hope AJ is another Bruno. I think Joshua is world class even if he is fighting for an alphabet title too early.
    one minute AJ will win comprehensively, the next Martin is going after him in the late rounds, how does that work??
    I reckon we'll see a lot more caution from AJ as he tries to work the Southpaw out. That'll take a few rounds, and I think AJ will stop him in about the 10th.
    (don't be surprised to see it go the other way late on or even points if AJ is found wanting for Stamina .)

Mentioned
    229 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Primo Carnera View Post

one minute AJ will win comprehensively, the next Martin is going after him in the late rounds, how does that work??
    I reckon we'll see a lot more caution from AJ as he tries to work the Southpaw out. That'll take a few rounds, and I think AJ will stop him in about the 10th.
    (don't be surprised to see it go the other way late on or even points if AJ is found wanting for Stamina .)
    I think he is saying the plan will be to get AJ into the later rounds but AJ will finish it before it gets there.

That'show I read it anyway

Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Batman View Post

I think he is saying the plan will be to get AJ into the later rounds but AJ will finish it before it gets there.

Thank you.

The fact that I said that Martin hopes AJ is another Bruno should have been your clue.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Batman View Post

Thank you.

The fact that I said that Martin hopes AJ is another Bruno should have been your clue.
    Understood. So when do you think AJ will win? 7th , 9th, points ?

Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

A J will knock him out early because of his big right hand which is taylor made to hurt southpaws. The left hook will also cause damage.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Anyone see the behind the ropes with Charles Martin?
    Worth a watch if you get chance. He looks in better condition than when he won the title and fresher faced than we saw at the 1st press con.

Get the feeling this will not be a formality for Joshua on Saturday. Martin seems a lot smarter than I gave him credit for

Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by GAME View Post
    Worth a watch if you get chance. He looks in better condition than when he won the title and fresher faced than we saw at the 1st press con.

Get the feeling this will not be a formality for Joshua on Saturday. Martin seems a lot smarter than I gave him credit for
    So you fancy Martin's chances? I think Martin did not look that spectacular winning the title and will face his best opponent of his career.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by GAME View Post

So you fancy Martin's chances? I think Martin did not look that spectacular winning the title and will face his best opponent of his career.

I'd say I am 55-45 in favour of Joshua. He should be slight favourite because of his pedigree but what's made me less confident the closer it's got is that Martin is a big unbeaten guy with a natural boxing brain, he will wait back with those long arms ready to strike. If Martin wins it won't be on points it will be by ko

I wondered why he'd come to England in his first defence and kinda thought he was cashing out & I wasn't really impressed with him against glazkov but my minds changed on that now. He's coming to win and when I see how Joshua was wobbled by a guy who couldn't even punch properly in whyte, you do have to worry about him abit. He kinda freezes up like Bruno because he is too muscle bound and he might have to come through similar scares on Saturday but hopefully he can ride out the storm again. Close fight

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

you hope AJ is another lb4lb great?
    Officially the only saddo who has had a girlfriend

Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by erics44 View Post

you hope AJ is another lb4lb great?
    No just another musclebound, no stamina, weak chinned one punch wonder.

Thread Information