Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Frampton stripped

Of his WBA belt for failing to negotiate a defence against Rigo. Can't blame him too much but for the stick he gave Quigg for not being a 'proper champ' I think it's only fair to call Frampton a pure shithouse

Seriously though, be interesting to see what he does now. Don't see him being strong enough to move up and be a proper force, but also doesn't look too strong at the weight as he is. Can see him taking the Shingo Wake fight in a Belfast homecoming, but after that i wonder about his options. Other than a Quigg rematch, i don't see what there is for him at 122 if he won't entertain the idea of Rigo. Maybe a voluntary against Gavin McDonnell?

I think if he moves up, he runs into a world of trouble. I don't see him being overly competitive with Russell Jr, Lomachenko, Walters and even think Santa Cruz is too much for him. So that leaves Selby, and possibly even Eric Hunter depending on what happens tonight. I'm just not sure what his winnable options are, other than Wake, Quigg rematch and maybe Gavin McDonnell if he keeps winning.

Where does he go?
    http://instagram.com/jonnyboy_85_/

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Frampton stripped

Quote Originally Posted by ono View Post
    Of his WBA belt for failing to negotiate a defence against Rigo. Can't blame him too much but for the stick he gave Quigg for not being a 'proper champ' I think it's only fair to call Frampton a pure shithouse

Seriously though, be interesting to see what he does now. Don't see him being strong enough to move up and be a proper force, but also doesn't look too strong at the weight as he is. Can see him taking the Shingo Wake fight in a Belfast homecoming, but after that i wonder about his options. Other than a Quigg rematch, i don't see what there is for him at 122 if he won't entertain the idea of Rigo. Maybe a voluntary against Gavin McDonnell?

I think if he moves up, he runs into a world of trouble. I don't see him being overly competitive with Russell Jr, Lomachenko, Walters and even think Santa Cruz is too much for him. So that leaves Selby, and possibly even Eric Hunter depending on what happens tonight. I'm just not sure what his winnable options are, other than Wake, Quigg rematch and maybe Gavin McDonnell if he keeps winning.

Where does he go?
    Bang on the money here. I like the guy, but For all his bullshit everyone knew he would avoid Rigo, and you're probably right, he threw some names around but ultimately he'll fight Shingo Wake.
    After all said and done, him and Quigg have both been a bit pathetic really.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Primo Carnera View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ono View Post

Where does he go?
    Bang on the money here. I like the guy, but For all his bullshit everyone knew he would avoid Rigo, and you're probably right, he threw some names around but ultimately he'll fight Shingo Wake.
    After all said and done, him and Quigg have both been a bit pathetic really.
    Yeah they needed each other and i think they will need each other again in the future. Frampton is stuck somewhere in the middle. Not elite, but easily better than the majority of his mandatories, so his best hopes lie in other weak belt holders or mandatories with padded but undefeated records. He's a really good ticket seller so he can make a lot of money avoiding the elite and fighting the likes of Shingo Wake.

Still think they are building up a Gavin McDonnell fight down the line. Always get suspicious when someone closing in on world level at the same weight, appears on the undercard.
    http://instagram.com/jonnyboy_85_/

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Just a little quick out of the gate by the Wba. Barely a month. Its normally 90 days to sort it out. FFS the guy has barely started to savour the victory. I know he signed an agreement to make the fight in order to get Quigg but damn. Too bad Carls last name was not Garcia and he hailed from Philadelphia. He could have got together with another fighter say from Washington with a trinket and fought him at 124 w/o eithers trinket on the line.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Frampton will take some easy fights and wait for a Quigg rematch. That would be his best option. Carl would get smashed at the higher weight at the highest level. maybe Frampton could try and fight and the weight above and see how that goes.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by IamInuit View Post
    Just a little quick out of the gate by the Wba. Barely a month. Its normally 90 days to sort it out. FFS the guy has barely started to savour the victory. I know he signed an agreement to make the fight in order to get Quigg but damn. Too bad Carls last name was not Garcia and he hailed from Philadelphia. He could have got together with another fighter say from Washington with a trinket and fought him at 124 w/o eithers trinket on the line.
    They are all fake belts anyway. These are belt holders, not champions. We all know who the champ is.

Same as 160, nobody wants the champ.

Thread Information