Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Tyson Fury: World heavyweight champion suffering 'racial abuse'

Tyson Fury says he is suffering "more racial abuse" since becoming heavyweight champion of the world.

The 27-year-old also claims to have "no motivation" for his rematch with Wladimir Klitschko on 9 July.

The Manchester fighter, who calls himself the "Gypsy King" on Twitter and was born into a family of traveller heritage, says "no-one wants to see a gypsy do well".

"I get a lot more racial abuse than I ever did before," he told BBC Sport.

"I've done well and people don't like that - the quicker they can knock me off my perch the better. I expected it, because no-one wants to see a gypsy do well.

"That doesn't bother me because it's what I do for a living. If I was a German, an Indian, a Chinese person, I'd still be doing what I've got to do to pay my bills."

The WBA and WBO title-holder, who defeated Ukrainian Klitschko on points in Dusseldorf last November, says he is currently seven stone above his fighting weight.

"I've got no motivation," he added.

"I'm 24 stone at the minute - Klitschko don't go overweight, Klitschko don't lose his rag. I'm out drinking, partying 24/7.

"I am the number one in the division, I'm the top dog. I have achieved my goals. I've got no more to achieve."

Speaking to BBC Sport's boxing correspondent Mike Costello, Fury says "talent" rather than motivation will be key against the 40-year-old in July.

"I love boxing, but when I achieved all the goals that I set out to achieve it's finished for me, it's over," said Fury.

"I'll go into a camp, train and I'll just show people how to win. Even though I'm not interested in the sport.

"You don't need motivation, you need talent and ability. That's it."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/boxing/36038621
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Tyson Fury: World heavyweight champion suffering 'racial abuse'

Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

what the hell happened to this guy? It's like they took his mic away over some political statements and Josha maybe stole a little of his UK thunder and all of sudden, he's playing the victim and sounding like he's been neutered.

Or maybe he knows its only going to get harder from here and doesn't want to put in the work. He landed a few on Klitch and feinted and jived the rest of the way. Its a legit victory even if your opponent was too gun shy to fight back, but could he stop making it sound like a first round mauling, ko. He has the rematch in front of him and could work on stopping klitchsko... theres 3 big money fights now for him. what does he have to be depressed or unmotivated about. He's already halfway into his buster douglas diabetic coma. Suck it up!!!
    They want your @$$ beat because upsets make news. News brings about excitement, excitement brings about ratings. The objective is to bring you up to the tower and tear your @$$ down. And if you don't believe that, you're crazy.

Roy Jones, Jr. "What I've Learned," Esquire 2003

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Through the traveler grape vine I have heard that Tyson has been pulling a pony cart through muddy fields while doing a bit of lamping with the dogs at night, lots of swimming before a stop @ Mc Donalds for breakfast, Peter said Tysons ticking over nicely and that now they have a date set he is going to make him swim more, walk more, more pads and a little bit of sparing with old Joe Joyce should sharpen him up just enough to really put it on Krapko this time round.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The mind games have started !!! On a side note I'm buying tickets as soon as they go on sale, who's coming ??

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I've seen Fury in public recently, there is no way on earth he is 24 stone at the moment. Fury is a lot of things, but he ain't stupid.
    He's said before he's Bi-polar, and maybe he is. That's why he comes out with contradictory and irrational statements.
    I like the guy, and I reckon if you saw him in a pub , he'd be a pretty stand up guy, but you have to take everything he says with a massive pinch of salt.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Tyson has the style to beat Wlad 9 times out of ten.

I just see wilder knocking fury out in 3 rounds.

Shame, because I want fury to do well but I just can't see him beating these power punchers..unless he keeps dancing.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Just get on my snout and I'll carry you across the river said the fox to the gingerbread man.

Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Tyson Fury says he is suffering "more racial abuse" since becoming heavyweight champion of the world.

The 27-year-old also claims to have "no motivation" for his rematch with Wladimir Klitschko on 9 July.

The Manchester fighter, who calls himself the "Gypsy King" on Twitter and was born into a family of traveller heritage, says "no-one wants to see a gypsy do well".

"I get a lot more racial abuse than I ever did before," he told BBC Sport.

"I've done well and people don't like that - the quicker they can knock me off my perch the better. I expected it, because no-one wants to see a gypsy do well.

"That doesn't bother me because it's what I do for a living. If I was a German, an Indian, a Chinese person, I'd still be doing what I've got to do to pay my bills."

The WBA and WBO title-holder, who defeated Ukrainian Klitschko on points in Dusseldorf last November, says he is currently seven stone above his fighting weight.

"I've got no motivation," he added.

"I'm 24 stone at the minute - Klitschko don't go overweight, Klitschko don't lose his rag. I'm out drinking, partying 24/7.

"I am the number one in the division, I'm the top dog. I have achieved my goals. I've got no more to achieve."

Speaking to BBC Sport's boxing correspondent Mike Costello, Fury says "talent" rather than motivation will be key against the 40-year-old in July.

"I love boxing, but when I achieved all the goals that I set out to achieve it's finished for me, it's over," said Fury.

"I'll go into a camp, train and I'll just show people how to win. Even though I'm not interested in the sport.

"You don't need motivation, you need talent and ability. That's it."

Tyson Fury: World heavyweight champion suffering 'racial abuse' - BBC Sport
    All's lost! Everything's going to shit!

Mentioned
    155 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Tam Seddon View Post
    The mind games have started !!! On a side note I'm buying tickets as soon as they go on sale, who's coming ??

No I wont be going I don't want to see anymore of the 40 something shot Wlad.
    Remember reality is an illusion caused by a lack of alcohol .

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Lord Al View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Tam Seddon View Post

No I wont be going I don't want to see anymore of the 40 something shot Wlad.
    I highly doubt a world heavyweight title fight will ever come to Manchester ever again or has it ever ? Living an hour and a half from the MEN means I'm definitely going. Got a great day planned out, going to watch the great weekend of sport before hand. I can't wait!!

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

what a willy

suppose he keeps it interesting though
    Officially the only saddo who has had a girlfriend

Mentioned
    391 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Tyson has done a bit of mud slinging himself has he not ! In this World you give it you are going to get some back.
    Fury really does not give a shit doe's he more money more BS, he has been to the top of the mountain how long he stays there is a another thing,!
    Wlad looked his age it was a crap fight Ross it lacked excitement , if you think it was you must enjoy watching paint dry mate.
    I have seen Haye and AJ fight live both give excitement , Fury is as exciting as a bucket of sick.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Dia bando View Post
    Tyson has done a bit of mud slinging himself has he not ! In this World you give it you are going to get some back.
    Fury really does not give a shit doe's he more money more BS, he has been to the top of the mountain how long he stays there is a another thing,!
    Wlad looked his age it was a crap fight Ross it lacked excitement , if you think it was you must enjoy watching paint dry mate.
    I have seen Haye and AJ fight live both give excitement , Fury is as exciting as a bucket of sick.
    Yes Wlad is now older but Tyson Fury is the only fighter to make him look his age. Hes an all time top ten great and it took a special fighter to not only beat him but make it look so easy.

It was too soon for Wilder and Joshua, most would still say thats the case now. Povetkin and Haye failed.

No one is going to have an exciting fight with Wlad now because hes perfected how to be effective and stay safe same as Mayweather.

Wlad has rarely lost a round and what everyone saw was him being completely nullified and thoroughly outboxed. What few want to do is give Fury any credit and now attention nad hope forsomeone else other than Fury having to be the best in the world to a fighter who was not and still is not ready and a figter who failed miserably already years ago.
    Last edited by ross; 04-14-2016 at 05:20 PM.

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ross View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Dia bando View Post
    Yes Wlad is now older but Tyson Fury is the only fighter to make him look his age. Hes an all time top ten great and it took a special fighter to not only beat him but make it look so easy.

It was too soon for Wilder and Joshua, most would still say thats the case now. Povetkin and Haye failed.

No one is going to have an exciting fight with Wlad now because hes perfected how to be effective and stay safe same as Mayweather.

Wlad has rarely lost a round and what everyone saw was him being completely nullified and thoroughly outboxed. What few want to do is give Fury any credit and now attention nad hope forsomeone else other than Fury having to be the best in the world to a fighter who was not and still is not ready and a figter who failed miserably already years ago.
    mate, your love for Tyson is comedy gold

I chuckle every time I read one of your Tyson Fury posts
    Officially the only saddo who has had a girlfriend

Thread Information