1671 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Spence vs Algieri

Quote Originally Posted by powerpuncher View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenster View Post
    Spence was/is impressive but I don't see him as the second coming that will walk through everyone in the division. He doesn't look particularly quick.

Would anyone expect Algieri to last six rounds with Brook?

However, Spence is a terrific talent.
    Whaaaa?!?!
    fenster is trying to be controversial. Stopping Algeri is very impressive and Eddie will be very concerned.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by J_Undisputed View Post
    Spence looks to be a great seek and destroy tactician. Which really seems to be the theme now with fighters like GGG and Kovalev taking over. I don't have both feet on the band wagon just yet as i would like to see him matched up against a dangerous offensive pressure guy to see how well spence fights going backwards. There's a few holes that jumped out at me but i'm not sure if he is being deliberately neglectful because he knows Algieris a pillow puncher and blasting him out in a firefight just looks more impressive.

He's pretty efficient because hes able to fight as his own pace and be economical with his punches, but i've also see him move straight back, throw a glove up while leaving the other low while turning his head away instead of pivoting out because hes relying on being just out of range and wanting to take the opportunity to counter hard. Window of opportunity for a pug with good chin and chucks bombs straight down the middle over the jab.
    Man I'm sold!!!!! Last time I was this excited by a fighter I didn't know was a young kid named Pacquiao fighting against a champ named Ledwaba.

Don't wanna throw all my chips in right away as you've pointed out...but he sure looked special.
    All's lost! Everything's going to shit!

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

How is making an observation that Spence isn't greased lightning controversial?
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Primo Carnera View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by erics44 View Post
    and was algeri even the same algeri that lost to pac and khan

a defeat and losing an unbeaten record takes a lot out of a fighter, Algeri had lost 2 of his last 3
    those fights wouldn't have taken much out of Algieri. He's relatively young and was the underdog in both fights and was stepping up in class.
    infact , he would take quite a lot out of the Khan defeat. He took Khan the distance and gave him plenty of problems without getting beat up much.
    I don't think we can pick holes in Spence, he's the real deal and is rapidly climbing into the elite section of the division.
    Spence and Crawford will be the future of the WW div.
    quite often a fighter can lose and then their career is never the same

The pac fight fair enough, maybe confidence was still high after losing to a lb4lb great, but I think he went into the khan fight expecting to win, and alright he went the distance and caused some problems, he still lost the majority of the rounds

im just saying spence knocking out todays algeri might not hold the same weight as it would knocking out an algeri that had just beat provetnikov (or what ever his face is)
    Officially the only saddo who has had a girlfriend

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

and was algeri even the same algeri that lost to pac and khan

a defeat and losing an unbeaten record takes a lot out of a fighter, Algeri had lost 2 of his last 3
    those fights wouldn't have taken much out of Algieri. He's relatively young and was the underdog in both fights and was stepping up in class.
    infact , he would take quite a lot out of the Khan defeat. He took Khan the distance and gave him plenty of problems without getting beat up much.
    I don't think we can pick holes in Spence, he's the real deal and is rapidly climbing into the elite section of the division.
    Spence and Crawford will be the future of the WW div.
    quite often a fighter can lose and then their career is never the same

The pac fight fair enough, maybe confidence was still high after losing to a lb4lb great, but I think he went into the khan fight expecting to win, and alright he went the distance and caused some problems, he still lost the majority of the rounds

im just saying spence knocking out todays algeri might not hold the same weight as it would knocking out an algeri that had just beat provetnikov (or what ever his face is)
    It's a fair comment what you're saying, but I personally don't think it had much bearing.
    I do take your point though.

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

to be honest I'm just trying to discredit Spence to give and opposing view to the general consensus

he did actually look impressive, Algeri never got anything in the fight

I would expect brook to KO Algeri as quick, if not quicker though

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

to be honest I'm just trying to discredit Spence to give and opposing view to the general consensus

Yeah I would too . I personally never said Spence would beat Brook, he might , he might not. But all I said was that Spence is rapidly rising into the elite bracket of the division.
    My problem is that because Brook took a voluntary like Gavin sandwiched inbetween Jo Jo Dan and Bizier, he now needs to get a VERY big name next time out , preferably a unification. That way, if he wins , he buys some time for himself.
    at the moment , the Spence fight is a High risk , Low reward fight. In my opinion, for example, if Brook fought Garcia , it would be lower risk and higher reward.

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yeah I would too . I personally never said Spence would beat Brook, he might , he might not. But all I said was that Spence is rapidly rising into the elite bracket of the division.
    My problem is that because Brook took a voluntary like Gavin sandwiched inbetween Jo Jo Dan and Bizier, he now needs to get a VERY big name next time out , preferably a unification. That way, if he wins , he buys some time for himself.
    at the moment , the Spence fight is a High risk , Low reward fight. In my opinion, for example, if Brook fought Garcia , it would be lower risk and higher reward.
    Sad isn’t it. This sense of entitlement that clouds the entire sport. When in Rome I suppose.

Spence looks really special and the fact that he's a southpaw is a nice bonus. There have been but a handful of special southpaws in the last 25 years. Haymon is not going to allow Spence to cross the pond just because he's in a mandatory position. He knows where his future supper hangs. Beating or demolishing the 120th ranked in the world (Hyland) does not prepare him for Brook. Kell is light years ahead of any other welter in the world at this point. To bad his crew along with him are so damn lazy.
    Many of the special fighters of this era effectively rot on the vine. Spence has some time and would be far better off going for Garcia if the powers allow it because then down the road at least he'd have a bargaining chip and unification with Brook could go to a purse bid. The last time Haymon crossed paths with someone this special looking it was Floyd.

Have not heard anything of note from the Brook camp but if I'm Kell it could be beneficial to call the bluff. Let him refuse. You'd get the fight in England and all terms that benefit you and you get a threat which will most likely be a more dangerous one a year from now. Brook can’t use the same excuse Khan laid on him because Brook has done nothing really since winning the title and has Shawn Porter notched into his legacy lodge pole after 11 years. As gifted as he is that’s pathetic.

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Spence beat Algeri

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Brook vs Gary Russel Jr is a good fight.
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Thread Information