Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Gary Russell Jr

Looked mint again last night. Feel sorry for Selby, he hasn't got a hope in hell against any of the top guys at 126. Bless him. He needs Frampton or Quigg to move up.

Or he just need Josh Warrington.
    http://instagram.com/jonnyboy_85_/

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Gary Russell Jr

Selby is worl class. He would wipe away Warrington and could live with Rusell. What makes you think he could not? He got hurt in his last fight but other than that he has been flawless.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Selby is worl class. He would wipe away Warrington and could live with Rusell. What makes you think he could not? He got hurt in his last fight but other than that he has been flawless.
    He is world class, but Russell and Lomachenko are elite. I just think Selby struggled at times with Hunter and his speed. Russell appears to hit harder, be much busier and even faster, while also having a better defence and most importantly a much better attitude to boxing. I think he would destroy Warrington, probably toy with him, but i think he's in deep trouble against Russell Jr. I think he can go the 12 with Lomachenko, but can see Walters and Russell getting him out of there.
    http://instagram.com/jonnyboy_85_/

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Gary Russell Jr. Is exceptionally good, but I wouldn't write Selby off. Selby know how good Russell Jr. Is , but one thing's for sure, Selby wouldn't shy away from the challenge.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

He looked top notch last night. Very solid and fought with a sense of menace. I like him over Selby who looks right to be picked inside with short hooks.

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
    He looked top notch last night. Very solid and fought with a sense of menace. I like him over Selby who looks right to be picked inside with short hooks.

It was a nice performance but he looked that way before he fought Loma. He looked unbeatable just like last night. And the commercials made it seem like once again a prime Roy Jones was due up later. Hyland is a tough Irishman but he's nowhere near a world beater. I liked the fact that he called out Loma again. Maybe he'd take the 500 grand that Arum offered Walters. I can also see Arum dismissing it outright. Russel needs to fight somebody in the top 10. He might have to deal with a mandatory next which is Mares or Warriington if Abner takes a pass. Selby is a really safe fight given his lack of power and I agree very susceptible to the inside game of Russell and the hand speed would put that out of the park. Russell however would be facing a boxer much taller and with a 6 inch reach advantage. Better prep for Loma 2. If they cant get the Loma fight and I kind of think the call out a little disingenuous then unifying with Selby would certainly put the pressure on if they are serious.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think he beats Selby but it's not a mismatch. Good fight. Selby's gone from being overrated to underrated imo.

Russell's speed is awesome, however, all I ever think watching him is how funking good is Loma? He got stood on his head in that fight, there's no need for a rematch. Loma's feet will always beat his handspeed.
    Last edited by Fenster; 04-18-2016 at 08:03 PM.
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Thread Information