Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Klitscko's 4-connected-punches/rd.--worst in history?

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Klitscko's 4-connected-punches/rd.--worst in history?

Did Jack Johnson or Jack Dempsey orJoe Louis or Rocky Marciano or Muhammad Ali or Larry Holmes or Mike Tyson or Sonny Liston for example ever land a piss-poor four punches per round over a title fight? I don't think so.

That's simply had to be the worst performance by a heavyweight champion in the history of boxing. How he deserves a rematch is utterly Beyond anyone with even 25% of a brain.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Klitscko's 4-connected-punches/rd.--worst in history?

Don't Klitschkos always put rematch clauses into contracts for themselves or their brother?

Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Not sure about that but I'll tell you what. His performance against Tyson Fury had to be the absolute worst performance of a heavyweight champion of all time. I think Buster Douglas at least threw more punches in his knockout loss to Evander Holyfield .... Klitschko did not try to hold onto his title against Tyson Fury

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Old Wlad is shot, he's age 40 now.

Many heavyweights retired at a younger age.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by brocktonblockbust View Post
    Did Jack Johnson or Jack Dempsey orJoe Louis or Rocky Marciano or Muhammad Ali or Larry Holmes or Mike Tyson or Sonny Liston for example ever land a piss-poor four punches per round over a title fight? I don't think so.

That's simply had to be the worst performance by a heavyweight champion in the history of boxing. How he deserves a rematch is utterly Beyond anyone with even 25% of a brain.

Good topic, brock. Nothing like dumping more dirt on my least favorite HW champion ever. I went ahead and Googled it.

CompuBox: Fewest Punches Landed - 12 Round Title Fight - Boxing News

Seems like Klinchko is tied with James Bonecrusher Smith for fewest punches landed per round in a 12-round heavyweight title fight. Smith at least had the excuse that he was facing Tyson, a murderous terminator at that time (1987) who the entire division was scared shitless of.

However..... look at punches thrown per round. Klinchko has that category all to himself. Smith at least threw a still pitiful 22 punches per round. Bambi only managed to throw 19. So basically you're 100% correct. The WORST PERFORMANCE BY A HEAVYWEIGHT (cough) CHAMPION IN THE HISTORY OF BOXING. I think a plaque of some sort must be in order here.

If Wlad decides to slink off into the sunset..... good riddance.

Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Thanks for the props Tito. I just watch the fight today for the third time and that is counting the original live fight. It is absolutely amazing to see clinchco grabbing and grabbing and grabbing Fury around the head and hearing Roy Jones constantly saying that clinch Co simply refuses to punch. Roy Jones said it best that this was the first time this charlatan ever for anybody bigger than himself and that he is used to clinching the smaller guys and he just simply cannot fight inside he has no inside fight game. I have never seen a more piss poor performance and I fail to see any reason for a rematch at all. I have been saying since 2003 that if this guy ever fought someone his own size or bigger here he would not be able to pull off his b******* strategies. This was clearly proven Beyond a doubt in the fury fight.

There is no way that clinch Co could ever be considered an all-time great and all of those 18 successful title defenses have to be seen now in a completely different light. It also gives Credence to my theory over the past 10 years or so that there should be a super heavyweight division. There is no way that someone the size of clinch Co should be matched up against let's say a guy the size of Leon Spinks or Joe Frazier. People don't want to admit it because it makes their heads spin too much but size definitely does matter in the heavyweight division. That's why George Foreman completely eliminated Joe Frazier. That's why Lennox Lewis completely eliminated Mike Tyson. It is a very rare thing for a guy like Rocky Marciano and Joe Frazier to beat people who are bigger than them. Mike Tyson did it too but like I said it is very very rare.

Mentioned
    155 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

He landed 4 per round and fury landed 7-8 per round what a shit fight , Wlad needs to walk away he is shot.
    Remember reality is an illusion caused by a lack of alcohol .

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

in terms of results wlad is at his peak

take the first 4 rounds of any of his fights over the last 10 years and I bet the total punches per round aren't any more than 4
    Officially the only saddo who has had a girlfriend

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by erics44 View Post

take the first 4 rounds of any of his fights over the last 10 years and I bet the total punches per round aren't any more than 4
    No.

Wladimir threw 545 punches against Jennings.

His output was very high against Wach. He averaged over 20 punches a round in the first four rounds against Pulev.

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Freedom View Post

No.

Wladimir threw 545 punches against Jennings.

His output was very high against Wach. He averaged over 20 punches a round in the first four rounds against Pulev.
    evidence?

and like I say tho, in terms of results he is at his peak, Jennings and pulev were 2 of his best wins and best performances
    Officially the only saddo who has had a girlfriend

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

In terms of numbers yes it's piss poor, but numbers dont tell the whole story.

Wlad is a great 'up' fighter, he's been the Don for years and had everything on his terms. He's been great at beating up smaller guys that can fight, or big lumps that cant fight a lick. In Fury he had a big lump who can move and fight, and who totally psyched him out pre fight.

What Wlad does in the rematch is intriguing. Self preservation/intelligence has repeatedly seen him ignore pleas to up the pace in fights, even when Manny was alive. Wlad is smart, no doubting that but I dont think he's that tough. It's been a running joke through his career that he gets Big Bro to finish the rows he starts but cant finish himself. If he tries to box with Fury he'll be back in his shell in no time, terrified of letting the leather fly. If he ignores every impulse in himself and comes out fighting he may win his titles back, he may get chinned. How he approaches this has got me hooked.
    When God said to the both of us "Which one of you wants to be Sugar Ray?" I guess I didnt raise my hand fast enough

Charley Burley

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Two good things for the rematch are - it can't possibly be as pony as last time and will have a British crowd.

If they can get 10,000 bods in the MEN the crowd will play a massive factor in whose arsehole goes.
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

evidence?
    Klitschko-Jennings punch stats

Klitschko-Wach 693 punches

and like I say tho, in terms of results he is at his peak, Jennings and pulev were 2 of his best wins and best performances
    No, he's looked old in those fights.

Prime Wlad was faster and would have KOed Jennings.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Briggs fight where he koed his opponent in the last round was worse in terms of entertainment.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Freedom View Post
    evidence?
    Klitschko-Jennings punch stats

Klitschko-Wach 693 punches

No, he's looked old in those fights.

Prime Wlad was faster and would have KOed Jennings.

I think you are right m8, I don't think wladimir is completely finished yet but he's certainly lost a bit of speed and snap(especially with his feet)...

Don't think jennings is one of his best wins at all, out of similary sized and styled fighters(and err black guys i guess :S) I would say, Haye and two wins over byrd are better than jennings.. I would say jennings is on a par with eddie chambers and wladimir looked far better against chambers than against jennings.

Thread Information