Thread: Terence Crawford signs contract for July 23 fight with Viktor Postol

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Terence Crawford signs contract for July 23 fight with Viktor Postol

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Swanson View Post
    Some boxing fans minds have been raped so much they don't understand what's right anymore. This fight won't do well on PPV but it is exactly the type of fight that is deserving of PPV. This is not a name Vs a no hoper. This is the 2 best fighters in a division squaring off for supremacy. That is so damn rare anymore.

Props to both fighters for doing what nobody else does, fighting the best their division has to offer.
    I agree but they just need to get rid of PPV altogether. I can only see it if the card is stacked. But they never are.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Terence Crawford signs contract for July 23 fight with Viktor Postol

I would like to pay for it, but my lease is up in August.

Need that extra scratch for the move.

Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Sleepwalker View Post
    I think it's a smart move to put this on PPV. The fact that it is PPV will give the fighters more appeal, especially Crawford and will make him stand out above the rest as a star (outside of hardcore fans). Otherwise, it would be looked at as just another HBO fight. This reminds me of Mayweather/El Diablo
    That is an interesting thought and you could well be right on ! ... Crawford is pretty amazing fighter and whilst not a hugely explosive knock out machine he is great to watch.He still doesn't have that big star pull though but the potential is there, with his skills and his rather menacing personality, maybe having a ppv will push him over the edge.

This is also a PPV I would definitely pay for

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The irony of anyone complaining about this fight being PPV is pretty rich :P I hope there is an undercard and I understand neither fighter has quite established themselves as a big draw, but this is an exceptional match up and exactly the kind hardcore fans (rightly)scream isn't made enough. I could see Crawford dominating tbh, but it's going to be very high level boxing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Anyone know when tickets for this fight go on sale? Thinking of possibly going.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Wadeb_21 View Post
    That's the spirit

Btw, I thought you'd died or something!

Actually deleted off my friends list on xbox, man.
    Hidden Content
    Original & Best: The Sugar Man

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Jimanuel Boogustus View Post
    That's the spirit

Thats a nice welcome Jim. I thought you were dead!
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think it's a smart move to put this on PPV. The fact that it is PPV will give the fighters more appeal, especially Crawford and will make him stand out above the rest as a star (outside of hardcore fans). Otherwise, it would be looked at as just another HBO fight. This reminds me of Mayweather/El Diablo
    I think its putting the cart before the horse though. Mayweather had more than double the regular hbo fights and a few were considered 'big' match ups compared to the initial ppv vs well known face in Gatti. Crawford and Postol are very under the radar in the big picture unfortunately and it'd ensure much better sales and popularity down the road to give them as much regular and 'easy' exposure to both hard core and casual fans now rather than pull poor ppv numbers and have that tag stuck to him.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

That's the spirit

Haha . Nope not dead yet atleast. Still pop on here from time to time just never post. As far as Xbox havent used it in ages man.

Actually looking forward to seeing this fight. Postol is a tough customer I think Crawford will have his hands full with him. If anyone heres when tickets go on sale would love a heads up.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
    I think its putting the cart before the horse though. Mayweather had more than double the regular hbo fights and a few were considered 'big' match ups compared to the initial ppv vs well known face in Gatti. Crawford and Postol are very under the radar in the big picture unfortunately and it'd ensure much better sales and popularity down the road to give them as much regular and 'easy' exposure to both hard core and casual fans now rather than pull poor ppv numbers and have that tag stuck to him.
    Even most regular boxing fans have seen Postol fight exactly once. And he doesn't have a fan-friendly styler. Crawford has looked good but not so good that a lot of people are going to be desperate to spend 60 or so dollars to watch. And it could be a crap fight to watch. Making it PPV is nuts.

And no way Crawford fights Spence anytime soon unless Haymon's operation collapses.

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

That's the spirit

have you got an xbox one? whats your username?
    Officially the only saddo who has had a girlfriend

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Bump...

*Official Fight Thread*

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Can't wait really excited to see how these two mesh this fight deserves more buzz
    Cold Heart and a Weak Mind

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by La Cucaracha View Post
    Can't wait really excited to see how these two mesh this fight deserves more buzz
    The way I see it and I could be wrong Viktor got lucky, right place and right time to beat Lucas Matthysse.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by La Cucaracha View Post
    The way I see it and I could be wrong Viktor got lucky, right place and right time to beat Lucas Matthysse.
    I've got to give Postal credit for the Matthysse win Matthyssse was in good form Postal has the style to frustrate anyone into making mistakes his KO of Aydin was legit backed that up by stopping Matthysse so he has nice momentum

Both guys look in fantastic shape and are at their peak I really hope we get an epic fight
    Cold Heart and a Weak Mind

Thread Information