Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    945 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Happy Saint Georges Day

Happy Saint Georges Day unless you are Welsh, Irish, Scottish or Cornish.

In those cases double happy St Georges Day

Happy kill the dragon geeza thing to all the other nations sharing the same story too, Catalan, Turkey, Latvia etc
    Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Happy Saint Georges Day

We should celebrate this more, re-claim it from the right wing racists.

I have a dream that one day we will.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I've encountered lot's of anti-English racism. I had to learn to fight when I was a boy because my father was from England, I was beaten up so many times.

All my life, whenever I've mentioned my English heritage I've faced real hatred.

Sadly, it's a socially acceptable kind of racism.

Last edited by Freedom; 04-24-2016 at 06:53 AM.

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Does this apply to the native people of England?

Indigenous People's Day

Last edited by Freedom; 05-01-2016 at 06:06 AM.

Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Time to reclaim St George’s Day for all English, say leading faith figures

St George should be a figure of national unity and pride. That’s why we – a coalition of English faith groups and campaigners – are ‘reclaiming’ England’s patron saint and demanding he becomes representative of all English peoples.

We demand him back from those who promote racism and extremism, and from those who say that St George can only represent a single ethnic group.

We want to promote a new, relaxed and confident, English national identity. A place where a ‘hijab’ is as welcome as bangers and mash, and no one is attacked for their race, religion (or lack thereof) or any other belief.

That is why this St George’s Day we are reclaiming St George.

As patron saint for England, St George is there for everyone living in England. Too often he has been hijacked and used as a symbol of triumphalism and division by those on the extreme Right. St George needs to take his rightful place as a national symbol of inclusivity rather than a symbol of hatred.

Although the Crusaders used the Cross of St George, St George actually lived before the birth of Islam and should not be associated with any hatred of Muslims. He is respected by many people in the Middle East because of his origins there.

Therefore on St George’s Day, we call upon all people of goodwill to join us in:

• standing up against the hijacking of a national hero by those who promote Islamophobia, antisemitism and other forms of discrimination

• opposing the modern ‘dragons’ of hatred and intolerance

• saying: ‘As the diverse people of England, we are comfortable with difference, and each other. St George’s Day is a time for highlighting harmony and peaceful national pride.’

El Kabong Guest

"Islamaphobia" is such bullshit....if there's "Islamaphobia" and "Homophobia" and all that nonsense then why is there no "Crackerphobia" considering MY culture I'm not allowed to express or hold dear if you ask the SJW types.

I'm not afraid of Islam, I'm sick to fucking death of people giving a pass to folks from different cultures who should fucking know better about what they are doing what they are preaching.

I read a lot about "right wing racists" yet if someone was to ask me "Lyle, name a hateful public figure in England" the FIRST name out of my mouth would be Anjam Choudary....hardly "right wing" very authoritarian though, he does love HIS freedom of speech, other people's? Not so much.

Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Nick Griffin, the ex leader of BNP would be the person I most despise so it depends on your preservative.

El Kabong Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Nick Griffin, the ex leader of BNP would be the person I most despise so it depends on your preservative.
    Worse than Choudary? He calls for death to those who oppose his views?

Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by El Kabong View Post
    Probably not now but in his hey day he has been a skin head and holocaust denier.

El Kabong Guest

Probably not now but in his hey day he has been a skin head and holocaust denier.
    And Choudary wants to subject 100% of the population of England to Sharia law regardless of their religious affiliation.

Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

And Choudary wants to subject 100% of the population of England to Sharia law regardless of their religious affiliation.
    And Nick wants to 100% of the population of England to be white.

El Kabong Guest

Does he? I mean I don't know the guy or what he has said. People say Donald Trump "hates all Mexicans" when that is just hyperbolic nonsense. I DO know that Choudary has been asked if he wants Sharia in England and he has not minced his words in saying "Yes".

Now IF Nick Griffin is as you say, and IF he does believe that then he is quite wrong. IF Nick Griffin merely believes that the traditional English values must be upheld then he is right.

I'm not saying that extremists won't agree with my views on culture, traditions, lifestyles, but what the west has in terms of liberty, freedom, government accountability is unparalleled and must be protected.

Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Does he? I mean I don't know the guy or what he has said. People say Donald Trump "hates all Mexicans" when that is just hyperbolic nonsense. I DO know that Choudary has been asked if he wants Sharia in England and he has not minced his words in saying "Yes".

Now IF Nick Griffin is as you say, and IF he does believe that then he is quite wrong. IF Nick Griffin merely believes that the traditional English values must be upheld then he is right.

I'm not saying that extremists won't agree with my views on culture, traditions, lifestyles, but what the west has in terms of liberty, freedom, government accountability is unparalleled and must be protected.
    Nick will hide behind freedom of speech etc but he does want England to be white. He can not say that because it would be illegal so he says English instead of white.

El Kabong Guest

Nick will hide behind freedom of speech etc but he does want England to be white. He can not say that because it would be illegal so he says English instead of white.
    "Nick will hide behind freedom of speech"....."He cannot say that because it would be illegal"

Soooo, his speech ISN'T free then is it?

Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Freedom of speech means you have rights and responsibilities.

Thread Information