Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Poll: WHO IS THE GREATEST?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: AND1 MIXTAPE vs HARLEM GLOBETROTTERS

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default AND1 MIXTAPE vs HARLEM GLOBETROTTERS

globetrotters are where its at

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: AND1 MIXTAPE vs HARLEM GLOBETROTTERS

You've got to give the 'Trottes thier due, the are the original "street ballers"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

HOWEVER,
    The Globetrotters allways play the Washington Generals I think, and I'm pretty sure they are a bunch of 5'10" white actors.

The And1 guys are actually playing crews from different cities who are trying to beat them, even if there aren't any real rules.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

well the globtrotters are allowed to stop the clock and shit so they can utilize the bucket of confetti on the crowd,

i think they play college teams and i think they lost once a few years ago, but there isnt the same competitiveness in thier games

i still think theyd all bounce the ball off hotsauces head several times

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I actually went to school with this guy, he was a crazy mofo.
    He used to do back flips off the bleachers
    Name: Anthony Blakes
    Position: G
    Height: 6-2
    Weight: 188
    Born:
    Resides:
    High School: Trevor G. Browne High School Phoenix, Ariz.
    College: Wyoming '00

2006 Tour
    Entering his fourth season with the Globetrotters, Blakes will serve as an Advance Ambassador during the 2006 World Tour. An extremely athletic guard and a great scorer. Was one of the team’s lead counselors during the Globetrotters’ 2005 Summer Basketball Camp season.

Education
    As a senior at Wyoming in 1999-2000, Blakes was one of only two players in the Mountain West Conference to finish in the top-15 in scoring (15th), rebounding (8th), and assists (6th). He averaged 13.0 points and 6.0 rebounds in 31 games as a senior. As a junior, Blakes led Wyoming in steals (2.2 spg) and assists (4.5 apg) and finished tied for the team lead in rebounding (7.4 rpg) and second in scoring (11.4 ppg). He played two seasons at Arizona Western Junior College where he was named to the National Junior College All-America team after his sophomore season. At the Portsmouth Invitational Tournament, he was named to the all-tournament team after averaging 15.7 points, 5.3 rebounds, and 3.7 assists per outing.

Personal
    Blakes earned an associate’s degree from Arizona Western and continues to work on his psychology degree at Wyoming. He wants to pursue a career in social psychology after basketball. Blakes is a close friend of Sacramento Kings guard Mike Bibby, also from the Phoenix area.

Favorite Place/Landmark
    After three years of traveling with the Globetrotters, Blakes is interested in visiting South Africa, because of his admiration of Nelson Mandela.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Globetrotters originally with Lemon and Goose really would play crews from all over like And 1 does today. And Wilt The Stilt was a globetrotter before he went to the NBA. I think the And1 ballers are good. But the globetrotters got 2 squads the one that blasts fools out by 30 and those who do the tricks, tne blast out crew would beat And1 and the teicks one would have a close one

El Kabong Guest

Wasn't Connie Hawkins a Globetrotter too

Really the Globetrotters are better because when it comes down to brass tacks they can actually play where as And1 is a showboat team....it's not any different than a minstrel show....where's Al Joleson

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

This question is for all the Americans right?

Ive heard of the Harlem Globetrotters...I used to watch their cartoon as a kid, but who the fook are the other lot?..Doesn't even sound like a team!

(forgive my ignorance of all things yank )

El Kabong Guest

...For the love of all things holy, I am no yankee! American please, I am not from the north, new york, nor do I like anything to do with the baseball team from there.

The AND1 "team" fill up ESPN/ESPN2 with their bullcrap shows and all it is is a bunch of showboating ignorant bastards who if they had any REAL game would play in the NBA...HOWEVER the NBA is becoming more and more like that group of jackasses to impress their "fan base" which apparently when they ain't out slinging crack on the corner are trying to emulate their favorite obscure street thug basketball playing quasi-stars.

Hey let's wear baggy clothes, turn the bass to 10,000, call each other "nigga", walk with a limp, talk with a stupid accent and act ignorant.....yes this will last forever....

someone END THIS FACADE!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Lyle
    ...For the love of all things holy, I am no yankee! American please, I am not from the north, new york, nor do I like anything to do with the baseball team from there.

The AND1 "team" fill up ESPN/ESPN2 with their bullcrap shows and all it is is a bunch of showboating ignorant bastards who if they had any REAL game would play in the NBA...HOWEVER the NBA is becoming more and more like that group of jackasses to impress their "fan base" which apparently when they ain't out slinging crack on the corner are trying to emulate their favorite obscure street thug basketball playing quasi-stars.

Hey let's wear baggy clothes, turn the bass to 10,000, call each other "nigga", walk with a limp, talk with a stupid accent and act ignorant.....yes this will last forever....

someone END THIS FACADE!
    Errrr...thanks for clearing that one up for me Lyle

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Lyle

someone END THIS FACADE!
    Maybe instead we should spit chew, fuck our cousins, and watch cars make a big ass left hand turn for 4 hours straight.
    It's funny that when a guy in the NBA has corn rows and tattoos he's called a thug, but when a nascar driver tries to kill another by ramming his car into him at 200mph, it's just part of the "sport".
    You are an ignorant fuck Lyle

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The Globe are the O.G.
    AND1 are the new age.......Rayfer Alston a.k.a. "Skip 2 my lew" played for the Miami Heat and he now plays with the Rockets (thanks D-Monk ) so as you can see they got some real talent.

Heres a video of AND1 for those who don't know them.......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bz2ra_3_ejU&search=and1

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Starr
    Globetrotters originally with Lemon and Goose really would play crews from all over like And 1 does today. And Wilt The Stilt was a globetrotter before he went to the NBA. I think the And1 ballers are good. But the globetrotters got 2 squads the one that blasts fools out by 30 and those who do the tricks, tne blast out crew would beat And1 and the teicks one would have a close one
    one day when I was 7 or 8 years old I came home from school and Meadowlark Lemon was in my kitchen.

*true story
    &quot;WE ARE HERE TO HELP EACH OTHER GET THROUGH THIS THING, WHATEVER IT IS&quot;<br /><br />Kurt Vonnegut

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by CutMeMicK
    The Globe are the O.G.
    AND1 are the new age.......Rayfer Alstin a.k.a. "Skip 2 my lew" plays in the NBA for the Miami Heat so as you can see they got some real talent.

He plays for the Rockets

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by D-Monk
    Quote Originally Posted by CutMeMicK
    The Globe are the O.G.
    AND1 are the new age.......Rayfer Alstin a.k.a. "Skip 2 my lew" plays in the NBA for the Miami Heat so as you can see they got some real talent.

He plays for the Rockets
    Yeah!! your right he currently plays for the Rockets I just have him in my head with the Miami uniform when he played with them.

Thread Information