Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Floyd vs mcgregor

So seen a bunch of people say yesterday this fights maybe going to happen then Floyd snr said they are in talks. So would anyone be interested in seeing this ? Obviously it's going to be boxing I don't think floyds stupid enough to try his hand at mma and there's no way in hell a mma fighter is beating Floyd in a boxing match but I think the fight might be quite good to watch, that Connor guy is game and floyds probably going to get a nice ko

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Floyd vs mcgregor

Hope there is nothing to this, unless they invent new rules where it is one minute of MMA and one minute of boxing per round To say is it remotely interesting as a boxing match is rich. Floyd fighting a guy without a pro bout, I mean, really?

Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Just when you think media whore Floyd could not sink any lower he goes and does this.

I would love the gimp to try this.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Come on Master! Does your hate know no limits?
    You guys have said a million times that there's no one for him to fight -especially not for $100million plus.
    So he went and found someone who is just as big an ego and talent in the UFC. He's gonna surely make the money now...
    AND you STILL complain!
    I think a name change maybe in order Hater.

Mentioned
    229 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ruthless rocco View Post
    You guys have said a million times that there's no one for him to fight -especially not for $100million plus.
    So he went and found someone who is just as big an ego and talent in the UFC. He's gonna surely make the money now...
    AND you STILL complain!
    Come off it mate, I have said before that I'm a may weather fan but the general consensus is that as far as boxing goes this UFC bloke doesn't deserve to be in the same arena as Floyd, if that is the case then he should have arranged his 50th fight against HHH or the fucking undertaker and really made in into a pantomime.

Just because someone has marketability and some fools are willing to pay him 100 million notes for it doesn't make it a good fight, it is just Floyd laughing at everyone.

That is if this fight isn't just complete horse shit that the press have made up
    Last edited by Master; 05-07-2016 at 10:09 PM.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Batman View Post
    AND you STILL complain!
    Come off it mate, I have said before that I'm a may weather fan but the general consensus is that as far as boxing goes this UFC bloke doesn't deserve to be in the same arena as Floyd, if that is the case then he should have arranged his 50th fight against HHH or the fucking undertaker and really made in into a pantomime.

Just because someone has marketability and some fools are willing to pay him 100 million notes for it doesn't make it a good fight, it is just Floyd laughing at everyone.

That is if this fight isn't just complete horse shit that the press have made up
    Come off it MATE!
    Everybody knows Mayweather already KO'd Big Show at WrestleMania XXIV...

Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Batman View Post
    AND you STILL complain!

Rocco is very protective and has his tongue firmly stuck up Floyd's ass.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Mcgregor has little to no ground game. His stand up is good but really got over inflated with the Aldo KO. The diaz brothers are pretty good boxers but they're not elite professional boxers. The BJJ option is always there if theyre taking too many shots. The way Conor loads up shots, Mayweather would see everyone of those coming a mile away. Mcgregors best chance in this is to soften up the legs and keep the distance with the side kicks, then eventually go upstairs if they allow kicking.

Without kicking, the wide stance and the footwork mystery is taken away from mcgregor as the distance is shortened. He will try to go rapid fire and probably meet some counters.
    They want your @$$ beat because upsets make news. News brings about excitement, excitement brings about ratings. The objective is to bring you up to the tower and tear your @$$ down. And if you don't believe that, you're crazy.

Roy Jones, Jr. "What I've Learned," Esquire 2003

Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Floyd Mayweather returning to box Conor McGregor? Dana White says no

With Conor McGregor seemingly at odds with the UFC and with Floyd Mayweather hinting about ending his retirement, a report that emerged from The Sun, a U.K. tabloid, that Mayweather and McGregor were on the verge of a deal for a fight, was given an ever so slight bit of credibility.

The Sun reported Mayweather would make $144 million while McGregor would get $10.1 million in U.S. dollars.

But UFC president Dana White laughed when asked if the report was true. He said it is completely false.

"It's not true; it's just a tabloid story," White said. "And as far as I knew, Floyd is retired and he's been on a world-wide vacation and hasn't even been thinking of fighting."

Mayweather retired in September as the welterweight champion, at a weight limit of 147 pounds. McGregor holds the featherweight, or 145-pound, title in the UFC.

Even without White's denial, the report made zero sense. Boxing and mixed martial arts are similar, but ultimately different sports. It’s like comparing baseball and softball, and suggesting that an MMA fighter could defeat a boxer in a boxing match would be like suggesting a slugger in softball could win a major league home run title. Or vice versa.

The bottom line is that the story isn’t true, no matter how much people would love for it to be. There are no better trash talkers in sports than Mayweather and McGregor, and a promotion featuring them would be epic.
    The story said the fight would be in Las Vegas in the summer. But UFC 200 will be July 9 at the T-Mobile Arena, and the Olympics will take up most of August.

The Mexican Independece Day weekend in September is always a popular weekend for a boxing pay-per-view, but Canelo Alvarez could take that slot if he defeats Amir Khan on Saturday.

McGregor’s coach, John Kavanagh, fueled the breathless speculation with a clever tweet that included an intentional typo.

Yahoo Sports reached out Mayweather Promotions CEO Leonard Ellerbe for comment, but he hasn't responded.

When Yahoo Sports spoke to White late Thursday, before the Sun story broke, and discussed McGregor. At that time, White said, “We have no problems with Conor. We’re totally cool.”

White had yanked McGregor from a planned fight at UFC 200 on July 9 because McGregor didn’t want to fly to Las Vegas to participate in media and promotional activities.

Mayweather left the door open for a return from his retirement during an interview on Showtime last week.

But don’t start making plans to fly to Las Vegas to see this one, because, as White confirmed and anyone thinking rationally should have known, it isn’t going to happen.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/boxing...144758160.html

Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

So Floyd Mayweather has been retired for 7 months but 4 of the top 7 threads on this board are about him. Remarkable.

Mentioned
    229 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Swanson View Post
    So Floyd Mayweather has been retired for 7 months but 4 of the top 7 threads on this board are about him. Remarkable.
    As I said in one of the other Mayweather threads

I'm a Floyd fan, I wish he would stay retired, purely for the sanity of this forum.

As soon as a Mayweather fight is announced every topic on the first page of the forum will be different variations of 'we hate Floyd' or Floyd is TBE'
    It's pretty frightening how much attention he demands from both those that rate him and those that hate him

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Mcgregor is coming off like a panicked puss by walking out of ufc. He and Rousey should get together

Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Floyd Mayweather 'started rumour' over potential Conor McGregor fight

Former boxer Floyd Mayweather says he "started the rumour" about a potential bout with a mixed martial arts fighter - thought to be Conor McGregor.

McGregor fuelled speculation with a tweet showing him head to head with Mayweather, who retired last year.

Five-weight world champion Mayweather, 39, said he would want $100m (£69.3m) to fight the 27-year-old Irishman.

"Keep your fingers crossed, it may be a boxer versus an MMA fighter," Mayweather told fighthype.com.

"It was a name that was shot at me. It may not be a rumour."

Mayweather's father recently said his son had told him he would face "some kind of MMA fighter", while McGregor told BT Sport he wants a "billion-dollar fight" against the American.

McGregor, who lost to Nate Diaz in his most recent fight, was pulled from the UFC 200 card last month after refusing to fulfil promotional duties.

Mayweather's 49th and last fight was a unanimous decision over Andre Berto in September, after which he said: "My career is over, that's official."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/boxing/36241874

Thread Information