Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Hughie Fury v Dillian Whyte for the British Title!!!

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Hughie Fury v Dillian Whyte for the British Title!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ross View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Why hasn't Whyte fought since his loss to AJ?
    Shoulder surgery. Apparently bust it in the lead up to the fight.
    The old Manny PAC excuse.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Bit different though. I mean "excuse" is a tad harsh. After all, he actually did have an operation. He didn't get cured by swimming in the holy sea or some other kind of bullshit.

Mentioned
    391 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It seems Hughie's dad has said Hughie is fighting at 30% due to a skin condition, which could take
    up to 5 months to clear with medication,! I hope he makes a full recovery but I still don't think he will ever be a World beater.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Hes 21

Joshua is 5 years older and now even holds a chmpionship belt and still isnt really fighting anyone better than Hughie is!
    Also fought fewer fights too.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Primo Carnera View Post
    Bit different though. I mean "excuse" is a tad harsh. After all, he actually did have an operation. He didn't get cured by swimming in the holy sea or some other kind of bullshit.
    He had some pics taken in hospital for sure, and even dropped a surgeons name for good measure. But has he ever actually said what was wrong with the shoulder or what corrective procedure he had done? Damaged it before the fight is utter bullshit. Damaged it in round two is also utter bullshit.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Memphis View Post
    He had some pics taken in hospital for sure, and even dropped a surgeons name for good measure. But has he ever actually said what was wrong with the shoulder or what corrective procedure he had done? Damaged it before the fight is utter bullshit. Damaged it in round two is also utter bullshit.
    It's certainly debatable when he actually did it, who can say. But he DID have an injury. People don't go under the knife just for the crack.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It's certainly debatable when he actually did it, who can say. But he DID have an injury. People don't go under the knife just for the crack.
    Ok. So what was the actual injury? All I've ever read or heard is it was a shoulder injury. A bit like a footballer being sidelined with a bad leg.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Ok. So what was the actual injury? All I've ever read or heard is it was a shoulder injury. A bit like a footballer being sidelined with a bad leg.
    To be honest I don't think it is particularly news worthy to report that Dillian Whyte has "a 3rd degree tear of the Clavicle " or some other medical bullshit.
    After all he's not David Beckham is he?
    And I shouldn't think Dillian Whyte would be able to understand or spell what his injury actually was.
    Let me get this right though, are you actually doubting that Whyte ended up with an injury?

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

To be honest I don't think it is particularly news worthy to report that Dillian Whyte has "a 3rd degree tear of the Clavicle " or some other medical bullshit.
    And I shouldn't think Dillian Whyte would be able to understand or spell what his injury actually was.
    Let me get this right though, are you actually doubting that Whyte ended up with an injury?
    If the man said he had an injury the man had an injury. I just find it odd that in World where Dillian Whyte can share what he had for breakfast instantaneously, he hasn't as far as I can see been able to share the nature of the injury and what was done to fix it. After all, Whyte claimed the shoulder cost him the fight didn't he. It didn't stop him from throwing the left hand for the duration of the fight, but it cost him. People cried bullshit straight away and Whytes response was a picture from his hospital bed and words that amounted to 'shoulder poorly, Doctor man fix'. It all sounds a bit........suss.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

If the man said he had an injury the man had an injury. I just find it odd that in World where Dillian Whyte can share what he had for breakfast instantaneously, he hasn't as far as I can see been able to share the nature of the injury and what was done to fix it. After all, Whyte claimed the shoulder cost him the fight didn't he. It didn't stop him from throwing the left hand for the duration of the fight, but it cost him. People cried bullshit straight away and Whytes response was a picture from his hospital bed and words that amounted to 'shoulder poorly, Doctor man fix'. It all sounds a bit........suss.
    I don't think it sounds "suss". I dispute the fact the injury cost him the fight. I think that the 100% best there's ever been Whyte would not have beaten AJ.
    But I don't dispute that there was some sort of injury. There are certain injections that can numb the pain (legal of course)and allow you to throw punches with relative lack of pain, and that could've been wearing off.
    Or , he could've opened up an old injury and the adrenaline allowed him to be able to continue of a fashion, but possibly restrictive.
    I don't really know, but I know he didn't really have to hide behind a fake injury after that performance and I know that he allowed people to cut his shoulder open after the fight to try to "fix" it.
    I don't think he mocked up a hospital bed and slings etc. just so he could put a picture on social media.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I don't dispute that there was 'some sort of injury' either.

Dillian finds holding a conversation difficult enough. Let's also agree that staging a hospital scene is beyond him.

Thread Information