Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Hughie Fury v Dillian Whyte for the British Title!!!

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Hughie Fury v Dillian Whyte for the British Title!!!

Dillian Whyte-Hughie Fury Ordered To Fight For British Title - Boxing News

Please let this happen. The eliminators look shit if either drops out. This could be a great fight. Not sure who I would go for, but it's definitely a fight that we should be seeing.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Hughie Fury v Dillian Whyte for the British Title!!!

Its not happening.

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Why not? I have a feeling you're right, but I'm curious as to why? For me and for the fans, it's exactly the type of fight we should be seeing.

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Just read Peter Fury's twitter feed. So basically a.) Dillian is almost like part of team Fury, and b.) Hughie is "Ill" again.
    So now ,we'll have to see these crap eliminators rather than perhaps Price, Chisora or Haye.
    @ross, does this count as a duck from Hughie , the same as Haye "ducked" Tyson?
    Personally, for the record, I don't think it's a duck and I don't think Haye's was either.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Primo Carnera View Post
    Just read Peter Fury's twitter feed. So basically a.) Dillian is almost like part of team Fury, and b.) Hughie is "Ill" again.
    So now ,we'll have to see these crap eliminators rather than perhaps Price, Chisora or Haye.
    @ross, does this count as a duck from Hughie , the same as Haye "ducked" Tyson?
    Personally, for the record, I don't think it's a duck and I don't think Haye's was either.
    Fucking yawn at the whole lot, no money in it, nobody pays for seats or PPV, dying on its feet.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

All sounds very odd. Hughie is poorly, but the fight wont take place until what September? And Hughie is planning a fight before then anyway?

If it's because Dillian is a friend why bother with the illness line?

Shame, would have been a good test for both.
    When God said to the both of us "Which one of you wants to be Sugar Ray?" I guess I didnt raise my hand fast enough

Charley Burley

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Its to do with the WBO rankings I think. Hughie has some belt in there now and a British title fight would probably lose that. I suppose with that belt he can fight ranked fighters without getting avoided himself and move up the rankings. Dillian Whyte isnt ranked by world organisation.

Haye actually signed to fight twice and pulled out twice of a massive event. Hughie is turning down a british level title fight.
    Last edited by ross; 05-13-2016 at 07:48 PM.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

So Hughie is swerving the Whyte fight to protect a WBO ranking that he cant really act on because Tyson is champ?

Personally, I'd ditch a WBO Intertoto belt any day of the week for a Lonsdale belt.
    When God said to the both of us "Which one of you wants to be Sugar Ray?" I guess I didnt raise my hand fast enough

Charley Burley

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ross View Post
    Its to do with the WBO rankings I think. Hughie has some belt in there now and a British title fight would probably lose that. I suppose with that belt he can fight ranked fighters without getting avoided himself and move up the rankings. Dillian Whyte isnt ranked by world organisation.

Haye actually signed to fight twice and pulled out twice of a massive event. Hughie is turning down a british level title fight.
    Haye had a cut eye with 8 or 9 stitches 8 days before the fight, then had a shoulder op and was out for over 3 years. all documented with pictures and medical statements.
    so he's going to sign for a fight and then drop out TWICE , lose £5 million , not earn any money for 3 years, go to near bankruptcy , avoid Jail in Dubai by the skin of his teeth, all because he's scared to fight Tyson Fury is he?
    Whereas Hughie ;
    1. has over a year off with an "Illness"
    2. Turns down a World title shot with Deontay Wilder because the team "want to have a good Christmas."
    3. state that they would take a Joshua fight "in a heartbeat", yet turn down a British title fight with Whyte.
    4. State that Hughie has another "Illness" despite the fact that the fight would be Mid September and he is scheduled to fight in July.
    5. use the rationale that they would prefer to chase a higher ranking with a governing body that his Cousin is World Champion of , so he wouldn't be fighting for it anyway. (I'm sure they think Tyson will drop that title so Hughie can fight for it , blah,blah,blah.)
    Now I'm not necessarily claiming Hughie is a ducker or a bullshitter, but I'm just pointing out how "facts" can be made to look how you want them to.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

There's no excuse for dodging this fight other than Peter Fury doesn't fancy it. You can't keep waffling on about being swerved when you publicly turn down title fights like this let alone "world" ones.
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Fenster View Post
    There's no excuse for dodging this fight other than Peter Fury doesn't fancy it. You can't keep waffling on about being swerved when you publicly turn down title fights like this let alone "world" ones.
    100%

I personally think its too soon for Hughie. He needs to develop more power. I think Dillian Whyte is actually very good. If he was American hed be no. 2 to Wilder.

Furys are pretty smart. They arent going to take any risks unless its a big payday. Tyson didnt take any chances until he signed for big money v Haye and then Klitschko. Hughie will likely be the same.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Since this isnt happening it looks like itll be Whyte v the White Rhino. Havent seen much of Allen but wasnt impressed with what I have seen.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Allen can be a bit lazy but is tough as they come. Sparred everyone, Fury, Klitschkos, Joshua, Helenius never been hurt.

Reckons he gave Joshua a bit of a going over but was a few years ago.

Trying to share a facebook post by Dave Allen on sparring Joshua using the embed feature from facebook. Not sure if any mod can make sense of it for me. The post is from 25th April this year if you want to see.

<iframe src="https://www.facebook.com/plugins/post.php?href=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.facebook.com%2Fdav id.allen.1428%2Fposts%2F10208114426350915&width=50 0" width="500" height="218" style="border:none;overflow:hidden" scrolling="no" frameborder="0" allowTransparency="true"></iframe>

Maybe this works better https://www.facebook.com/david.allen...08114426350915
    Last edited by ross; 05-14-2016 at 12:35 AM.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yes that final link works and serves as cast iron proof that he gave Joshua a going over

Charley Burley

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Silkeyjoe View Post
    Since this isnt happening it looks like itll be Whyte v the White Rhino. Havent seen much of Allen but wasnt impressed with what I have seen.
    I only saw his most recent fight against Jason Gavern, and he looked like there's a lot of development to do before he should be going in for a British title. With the top end all more interested in aiming higher than British title level in the heavyweights, it could end up in some relatively inexperienced hands whoever does get to fight Dilian.

Thread Information