Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Last edited by Master; 05-19-2016 at 04:41 PM.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Canelo to vacate belt.

Canelo is basically saying "don't have a belt anymore so therefore I can fight at my own weight class"

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

For a guy who fights full time in some 'artificial' weight class I really don't see the problem with artificial timeline.

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Haha, will be interesting to see his next move, as there are a good few guys who could beat him at 154 also.

Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by p4pking View Post
    Haha, will be interesting to see his next move, as there are a good few guys who could beat him at 154 also.
    I guess this is just their plan to try to get golovkin to come down to 155, I think this fight could still happen depending on what golovkin wants..GGG was paid 2 million for his last fight and canelos opponent(khan) was paid 13 million... I suspect they overpaid khan so they can say look how much canelos opponents get paid in an effort to strongarm ggg down to their weight because golovkin probably isnt going to be making super money even with the wbc belt.. Nice negotiating techniques.

I am glad canelo has lost the belt though, still hope that the ggg canelo fight happens soon.

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by spicoli View Post
    hno: For a guy who fights full time in some 'artificial' weight class i really don't see the problem with artificial timeline.

“after much consideration, today, i instructed my team at golden boy promotions to continue negotiating a fight with gennady ‘ggg’ golovkin and to finalize a deal as quickly as possible. I also informed the wbc that i will vacate its title. For the entirety of my career, i have taken the fights that no one wanted because i fear no man. Never has that been more true than today. I will fight ‘ggg,’ and i will beat ‘ggg’ but i will not be forced into the ring by artificial deadlines. I am hopeful that by putting aside this ticking clock, the two teams can now negotiate this fight, and ‘ggg’ and i can get in the ring as soon as possible and give the fans the fight they want to see.”
    lol

Mentioned
    447 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

From reading the comments under that link...

This is what I expected to happen and its the best move they can make for Canelo, who honestly, would get brutalized in a fight with Triple G, especially at the 160 pound limit. Canelo and Cottos reign as "middleweight champion" were a sham produced from the title having been held by a weak champion in Sergio Martinez. Golovkin has held the WBA title from 2010, as far back as when Sergio captured the title from Pavlick and yet Martinez, Cotto and now Canelo, all have avoided a fight with the true middleweight champion of the world. A lineal title isnt a belt but a distinction and its a distinction that isnt held forever artibitrarily when the true contender for the title is avoided for nearly 7 years. Canelo is young and hes a Jr middleweight and he has no business in the ring with Golovkin. That said, looks like Jacobs is next and hes an extremely dangerous opponent and perhaps the most threatening opponent Golovkin has faced yet. As for Canelo, hes got plenty of opponents in his division, in a rematch against Lara, if hes to win against Martirosyan, or the Charlo twins, two legit title holders. This amigious 155 pound defacto weight divsion his team invented is now worthless without the middleweight crown on the line.. back to the drawing board.
    Hidden Content " border="0" />

I can explain it.
    But I cant understand it for you.

Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

GGG comes down to 155 he's an IDIOT.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

But...but... they "don't f*ck around..."
    They want your @$$ beat because upsets make news. News brings about excitement, excitement brings about ratings. The objective is to bring you up to the tower and tear your @$$ down. And if you don't believe that, you're crazy.

Roy Jones, Jr. "What I've Learned," Esquire 2003

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by J_Undisputed View Post
    But...but... they "don't f*ck around..."
    The irony through this entire waste of time and all the fronting and posing is that Alvarez never needed the freakin thing.

Mentioned
    229 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Canelo is turning out to be an out and out pussy, I've always backed him and said that I rated him (not enough to beat GGG, but still thought highly of his abilities) with this he has just showed himself to be a complete and utter fraud

I hope GGG tells him to go fuck himself if he asks for a catchweight

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Hardly the most surprising boxing news of the year imo. To be honest I reckon Canelo would fight GGG (he would lose though) , but DLH will not risk losing the Golden Egg.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Canelo's statement was gibbering nonsense. It's sad that boxing is such a phony and corrupt sport so eager to prop up the likes of Alvarez. Get in the ring and take your Lacying! You sense that he wants the CW or else will try and wait GGG out what with being 17 and GGG being 34.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Good, GGG is too good to continue wasting time. Better opponents are what he needs, not frauds who aren't near the best at any weight so they hide between weights.

Andrade would dominate Canelo, the twins would beat him now too. A couple other fighters have a shot at beating Canelo at 154 too and he would be about 4th-6th at best at MW. Let GGG finally get all the belts so he can move on to a division worthy of him. MW has sucked for 8/10 of its history. Most overrated division ever.(maybe HW is more overrated historically but it seems like many are willing to admit HW usually sucks where as MW usually sucks and it doesn't get called on sucking)

Thread Information