Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Will d pacman beat down oscar larios in manila?

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Will d pacman beat down oscar larios in manila?

[b]Manny Pacquiao is the BEST!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by GAME
    Quote Originally Posted by babyboNe
    Quote Originally Posted by mnmc10
    how can EM be called faded or fading if he won the first fight with pac? if larios cuts easy at 122 what more on 128-130? going up in wieght and gaining more mass will only make larios a tad slower and if hes not used to fight at that weight then he will easily get tired. put two very active boxer on the ring, headbutts is almost unavoidable.

larios reach and jab will hurt pacman but is it enough to stop pac?
    I dont think Larios can hurt Pac and thast why I think the Flips took the fight but we didnt think Torrencampo would knock Pac cold either .

As for Erik being faded , both times Pac fought Erik he was coming off a loss . At his best Erik would have done alot better against Pac but in the decider I reckon he'l lose again
    nobody even knew who pac or torrecampo was when pac lost to him...pac was a young unknown fighter.....HE HAS COME A LONG WAY AND NO WAY THE PAC TODAY CAN BE BEATEN....you know it i know hater just can't accept it...ask barrera why he hasn't step back in the ring with pac....................
    No way Pac can be beaten ? A washed up Morales completely owned him . JMM gave him a boxing lessoon . A couple of nobodies knocked him spark out . Remember this  . . No one is invincible .

JMM gave pacquiao a lesson?? Come on man where the hell did you get that?? If Marquez gave pacquiao a lesson why he doesn't want to fight Paqcuiao again?? I think Pacquiao is the one who gave MARQUEZ a BIG BOXING LESSON!!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

look who's down on this pic

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by pitbullero
    Quote Originally Posted by babyboNe
    Quote Originally Posted by mnmc10
    how can EM be called faded or fading if he won the first fight with pac? if larios cuts easy at 122 what more on 128-130? going up in wieght and gaining more mass will only make larios a tad slower and if hes not used to fight at that weight then he will easily get tired. put two very active boxer on the ring, headbutts is almost unavoidable.

larios reach and jab will hurt pacman but is it enough to stop pac?
    I dont think Larios can hurt Pac and thast why I think the Flips took the fight but we didnt think Torrencampo would knock Pac cold either .

As for Erik being faded , both times Pac fought Erik he was coming off a loss . At his best Erik would have done alot better against Pac but in the decider I reckon he'l lose again
    nobody even knew who pac or torrecampo was when pac lost to him...pac was a young unknown fighter.....HE HAS COME A LONG WAY AND NO WAY THE PAC TODAY CAN BE BEATEN....you know it i know hater just can't accept it...ask barrera why he hasn't step back in the ring with pac....................
    No way Pac can be beaten ? A washed up Morales completely owned him . JMM gave him a boxing lessoon . A couple of nobodies knocked him spark out . Remember this . . No one is invincible .

JMM gave pacquiao a lesson?? Come on man where the hell did you get that?? If Marquez gave pacquiao a lesson why he doesn't want to fight Paqcuiao again?? I think Pacquiao is the one who gave MARQUEZ a BIG BOXING LESSON!!!!
    I dont particulary rate JMM but from what I saw after the 1st round he was outboxing the Flip . Should have got the decision but didnt . Hes had a frustrating career so the rematch probably wont happen but Pacs tied up with fighting Erik for the 3rd time

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

No way Pac can be beaten ? A washed up Morales completely owned him . JMM gave him a boxing lessoon . A couple of nobodies knocked him spark out . Remember this . . No one is invincible .
    Are you kiddin? During the first bout, the PAC fought with a bad cut for most of the rounds and did well. He was beaten alright but the rematch had him knock Morales twice. Man, Morales didn't even want to stand up after that.

JMM was knocked down THRICE. He recovered alright and the score was tied. Later on, a judge admitted to an erroneous score, which if corrected, would have given PAC the bout.

I agree that no one's invincible. The PAC himself has much to learn. However, to say that Morales completely owned him and that JMM gave him a boxing lesson, despite the totally different outcome, is tantamount to claiming that the ALAMO was a fairy tale, the Holocaust didn't happen and that the Maginot Line worked!

<a href="Hidden Content la Hoya Pacquiao</a>

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Enthusiast
    Are you kiddin? During the first bout, the PAC fought with a bad cut for most of the rounds and did well. He was beaten alright but the rematch had him knock Morales twice. Man, Morales didn't even want to stand up after that.

JMM was knocked down THRICE. He recovered alright and the score was tied. Later on, a judge admitted to an erroneous score, which if corrected, would have given PAC the bout.

I agree that no one's invincible. The PAC himself has much to learn. However, to say that Morales completely owned him and that JMM gave him a boxing lesson, despite the totally different outcome, is tantamount to claiming that the ALAMO was a fairy tale, the Holocaust didn't happen and that the Maginot Line worked!

Very well said bro, just admit it guys Pacquiao is the best!!!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

When he has a constant run of sucess then il become a believer . Recently he has won , lost and drawn . If he can win atleast 5 fights in a row then he'd have proven himself

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

When he has a constant run of sucess then il become a believer . Recently he has won , lost and drawn . If he can win atleast 5 fights in a row then he'd have proven himself

Then count with me brother 1st win Velasquez 2nd Moralles 3rd Larios 4th on NOVEMBER 18 5th againts Barrera again you'll see!! :Moon:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Then count with me brother 1st win Velasquez 2nd Moralles 3rd Larios 4th on NOVEMBER 18 5th againts Barrera again you'll see!! :Moon:
    Damn, that was a great answer!!! spoken like a true pac fan...

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think Pac WILL beat Morales also . The Mexican is washed up . But if he were in his prime Pac wouldnt stand a chance

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think Pac WILL beat Morales also . The Mexican is washed up . But if he were in his prime Pac wouldnt stand a chance
    Really well i don't think so......

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Really well i don't think so......
    Morales wasnt even in his prime in the 1st fight but he still beat Pac .

The only guy that beat Erik at his peak was Barrera

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

is it just me or is using the term "The Flip" a racist term for Filipinos? It was when I was younger, have things changed?

just asking cause I have seen it used a couple of times on this thread
    ORIGINAL MEMBER OF THE DREADED AND MUCH FEARED CIRCLE OF TRUST (CoT)Hidden Content
    Inventor of Who Are You

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Only if calling someone a Brit is racist

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Mad_Dog
    is it just me or is using the term "The Flip" a racist term for Filipinos? It was when I was younger, have things changed?

just asking cause I have seen it used a couple of times on this thread
    well I would like to quote "I Am Not A Flip" by Moonie Lanton to answer your question. and i quote:
    I was talking to a non-Filipino person one day and during our conversation he asked me, "Are you a Flip?" Am I a Flip... I've considered myself to be many things but I never really gave it any thought as to whether or not I was a Flip. For some reason, that term bothered me then and still bothers me now.

I wondered how this term "Flip" could have been derived as to be a nomer for Filipinos. The most plausible theory is that some people took the liberty to shorten the word Filipino by taking out a few letters and thus creating "Flip". If that is the case, can we refer to Germans as "Germs", Chinese as "Chins", or Japanese as "Japs"? From my experiences with my Chinese andJapanese friends, they would kill me if I ever refered to them as "Chins" or "Japs". But to many Pinoys, being called a Flip is acceptable.

I engaged into conversations with people that use the term Flip to refer to Filipinos. I posed them the question, "Doesn't that term seem a bit derogatory to you?" The best response I got was an analogy to the term "Nigga". Blacks took the racist term Nigger, adopted it in slang, reclaimed the term as Nigga, and now it seems to be acceptable. So the logic towards Flip is that since Blacks can make "nigga" an acceptable term, then it is okay for Filipinos to make "Flip" an acceptable term.

From what I'm getting, the term Flip is comparable to Jap, Chin, and Nigga. How come that does not sound so great? I even went as far as to do some research on the historical context of the term Flip as reference to Filipinos. From my research, I discovered that Pinoy Naval officers in the U.S. Navy were called Fils, Brown Monkeys, and FLIPS by white officers in order to degrade the Pinoys.

According to Webster's Dictionary, one definition of the word FLIP is that it is short for the word FLIPPANT, which means backwards and unimportant. Why do Pinoys insist upon using this negative term to define who we are. I think about our history and the people who fought for the pride of being a Filipino like Jose Rizal, Andres Bonafacio, Gabriella Silang, Carlos Bulosan, and Philip VeraCruz. We rioted in Watsonville, we shed blood versus the Spanish and the United States, we went on strike in the fields of Delano. Filipinos in the past have struggled and fought so that we could have what we have today. But of all the things they fought for, I don't think they wanted to fight to be known as Flips.

I am not and never considered myself a FLIP. I don't see any justification for the Black community to reclaim a racist term and I don't think the Filipino community should immitate that action. WE ARE FILIPINO, PILIPINO, PINOY, PINAY, but we are not FLIPS. So if you can't spell it out, or if you feel that it is too difficult to say all four syllables of the word FILIPINO, then don't bother claiming it as who you are. end quote.

Thread Information